cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What a Shambles !!

justinheathcote
Dabbler

What a Shambles !!

I was supposed to move my phone and internet (fibre) to Plusnet today, but it's gone wrong !!
The phone was cutoff at around 09:00 and has been dead ever since.
The Openworld engineer arrived at 10:00 and proceeded to try and install the fibre modem. He said he couldn't get a connection and his testing machine was recording faults on the line. He left site and said another engineer would need to come to check the line outside. No idea when this is supposed to happen.
So, now I have no phone or internet.
I phoned Plusnet and they said they had no record of the phone moving over even though they could see the order for it. The chap tested the fibre line and said it was fine but that it won't go live until midnight tomorrow. He then put me through to someone else dealing with new orders....I have now been waiting in a queue for an hour and I am very unhappy.
Here I am still waiting in a queue as I type this.
What a shambles. Really unhappy with this mess.
7 REPLIES 7
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: What a Shambles !!

Hi there,
I'm really sorry about all this, I'm just looking into this now to see what needs to be done.
I phoned Plusnet and they said they had no record of the phone moving over even though they could see the order for it

I've no idea why we've mentioned that, all the details are listed on ticket 71332044  Embarrassed
From what I'm able to see the issue is that the phone order hasn't completed yet and that's most likely why the fibre install couldn't go ahead as planned.
I'm going to make sure we chase this from this side and contact you with updates so feel free to put the phone down if you're still waiting to get though to us at the moment.
Adam
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
justinheathcote
Dabbler

The Plusnet guy I spoke to said it was because the Openworld engineer came to early before the phoneline was ready.
So far, everyone I speak to is telling me something different !! Currently they are investigating, awaiting a callback.
😞
justinheathcote
Dabbler

Quote from: _Adam_Walker_
Hi there,
I'm really sorry about all this, I'm just looking into this now to see what needs to be done.
I phoned Plusnet and they said they had no record of the phone moving over even though they could see the order for it

I've no idea why we've mentioned that, all the details are listed on ticket 71332044  Embarrassed
From what I'm able to see the issue is that the phone order hasn't completed yet and that's most likely why the fibre install couldn't go ahead as planned.
I'm going to make sure we chase this from this side and contact you with updates so feel free to put the phone down if you're still waiting to get though to us at the moment.
Adam

Ok, thanks Adam
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

No problem,
I'll step back from this for now as I can see that my colleague you spoke with has raised this with our provisioning team.
I'll keep an eye on things though and make sure you get updated.
Adam
EDIT: Just adding a quick update, glad to see this has been sorted and that you're online now Smiley
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
justinheathcote
Dabbler

Thanks for getting it all fixed and working so quickly.
BT returned at 15:00 yesterday and got the phone and fibre internet working. I was a little surprised when 3 BT engineers arrived on my doorstep, but they got it all up and running within a couple of hours.
Thanks again to Plusnet for getting it sorted quickly (after it went wrong initially)
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

I was a little surprised when 3 BT engineers arrived on my doorstep, but they got it all up and running within a couple of hours

For some reason I have an image of an Opereach "swat team" rappelling down to your doorstep, good stuff Smiley
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
James
Grafter

I have actually dealt with an escalation where they sent a "SWAT Team".
Their words, not mine!