pvmb
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 2

Well...

33 REPLIES 33
Anon
Pro

Re: Well...

They obviously don't use Pnet or read these boards.

Whatever happens always remember "We will do you
.........................proud" say Pnet.
MKSlinky
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 3

@Anon

Perhaps so but then these problems of late haven't always existed. Those awards are for overall service for the time period shown. I've been more than happy with PN since I joined 2 years ago, it's only recently that people are getting upset and that includes me.

rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 12

As usual the winners appear to have been selected via a combination of methods, including respondents from a UK consumer survey of 5,620 adults (collected between 15th to 22nd December 2016),

So it wasnt a Big survey !!!!   so out of 5620 customers what percentage are PN customers ?Huh

On Isp preview their list of ISP =   thanks mook Smiley  6  pages of ISP roughly 12 per page  so approx total of 72 ISP,s .

so if you divide the total number of 5620 customers by number of isp that is equal to 78 per ISP 

so 78 PN customers Voted ??  dont say a lot Lips_are_sealed

Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
Anonymous
Not applicable

@rongtw wrote:
On Isp preview their list of ISP = 12 pages of ISP roughly 12 per page  so approx total of 72 ISP,s

@rongtw - 12 * 12 is 144. So I assume you meant one of these values to be a 6?

rongtw
Seasoned Hero

@Anonymous yes Smiley  was a Typo there are 6 pages of ISP,s Thumbs_Up

Anonymous
Not applicable

Well as Benjamin Disraeli is reputed to have said:

"There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics."

PeeGee
Pro
Fixes: 3

@rongtw wrote:

so if you divide the total number of 5620 customers by number of isp that is equal to 78 per ISP 

so 78 PN customers Voted ??  dont say a lot Lips_are_sealed

For that, you need to assume that all ISPs have approximately the same number of customers Shocked

Try a calculation apportioning respondents in proportion to total customer base (I can't be bothered Wink )

Phil

Plusnet FTTC (Sep 2014), Essentials (Feb 2013); ADSL (Apr 2009); Customer since Jan 2004 (on 28kb dial-up)
Using a TP-Link Archer VR600 modem-router.
rongtw
Seasoned Hero

@PeeGee same here i could not be bothered to find out ISP customer percentages  , so just thought a average of such a small number of customers Smiley

and PN are not in top ten by subscription its possible the 78 PN customers are too many Smiley

log.PNG

ejs
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 25

Plusnet have been included with the BT numbers there, I think the last Plusnet numbers we saw were about 900,000 customers.

Anon
Pro

@Anonymous wrote:

Well as Benjamin Disraeli is reputed to have said:

"There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics."

My father always used to say

"Liars can figure and figures can lie"

I wonder who picked that small sample. Perhaps they should just have put polls on here. {But we are not trusted to have polls on this forum, Pnet might just find out how unpopular they really are}

But I guess what is more frightening is to begin to believe that there are WORSE providers that Pnet. Crazy

I think if I really believed those votes I would stop using the internet altogether.....Funny

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anon - Well there’s the rub. The figures used are a tiny proportion of the true customer base for all of the ISP cited. Just like this forum, the views here are also from a tiny proportion of the Plusnet customer base. So does this mean that those that don’t post are indeed satisfied; well we all know the answer to that is no, but nor does it mean they are all dissatisfied either.

You have to take these awards and numbers with a lot more than a pinch of salt. For me, I give them no credibility whatsoever. If you ask the right people at the right time you’ll get the answer you want, unless of course you’re a pollster! Wink

I base my choice of supplier on the level of service I receive, and to date I’ve had nothing that would really make me move provider. In fact my last recommendation went online yesterday and until things change for me, I’ll remain a customer and refer others to use their service.

rongtw
Seasoned Hero

I also have no intention of moving supplier and quite happy here .
But there are things PN need to improve urgently.
But no doubt the new adverts will include the latest award even though its not a true reflection of PN support
Anon
Pro

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anon - Well there’s the rub. The figures used are a tiny proportion of the true customer base for all of the ISP cited. Just like this forum, the views here are also from a tiny proportion of the Plusnet customer base. So does this mean that those that don’t post are indeed satisfied; well we all know the answer to that is no, but nor does it mean they are all dissatisfied either.

You have to take these awards and numbers with a lot more than a pinch of salt. For me, I give them no credibility whatsoever. If you ask the right people at the right time you’ll get the answer you want, unless of course you’re a pollster! Wink

I base my choice of supplier on the level of service I receive, and to date I’ve had nothing that would really make me move provider. In fact my last recommendation went online yesterday and until things change for me, I’ll remain a customer and refer others to use their service.

From my experience on Pnet I think they are a joke.

I am glad you are happy but understand and feel some sympathy for those of us having very bad experiences with Pnet. Including myself where in the last two months two MANAGERS have simply given out alternative facts because they simply have not bothered to read the notes by other employees. And pray desperately that you don't hit one of the many skid pads that Pnet seem to create.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anon - Don’t get me wrong, I know Plusnet aren’t perfect nor is any ISP or indeed any service provider.

But with all due respect your details say you registered on the forum nearly 10 years ago, which at that point it was Plusnet customers only. So you have either been a satisfied customer for the entire time, or if you did leave because or price or bad service and then return then it was your decision to do so.

I know it's frustrating when things don't go as expected, and I do sympathise with those who are in an awkward position as regards service or the lack of it, it can be like wading through treacle at times. So here's hoping you get a resolution to your issue sooner rather than later.