Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Well Done Plusnet

john50
Grafter

Well Done Plusnet

I received a letter this morning from Plusnet the gist of which was
as its approaching a year that you've'e been with Plusnet  as a thank you we are reducing the price of your BB by 50% to £5.75 per month for the next 6 months.
Rewarding loyalty..............well theres a novel idea  Smiley
12 REPLIES 12
pierre_pierre
Grafter

Re: Well Done Plusnet

How come PN, a lot of us have been here a lot longer
john50
Grafter

That I totally agree with and to be honest I was quite surprised to get the letter at when I first saw it I thought one of my payments had gone adrift  Roll_eyes     perhaps its the start of some sort of loyalty scheme..lets hope
adie:quote
matt_2k34
Grafter

we are reducing the price of your BB by 50% to £5.75 per month for the next 6 months

if you stay for another 12/18 months?
Although i have to say, having been with PN longer than a year, its quite irritating to not be mailed.
Regards
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

Quote from: pierre_pierre
How come PN, a lot of us have been here a lot longer

The mailing went to a small number of customers and was based on a variety of factors. Whilst not an exact science anyway, length of service won't have been the only thing that was considered. Other factors will have come into play like existing (deferred?) contractual obligations, geographical location, competitor availability and marketing activity in the area. It's nothing particularly new, we've run similar targeted offers over recent years although admittedly, it's normally been the case where we've asked customers to reactively accept the offer with the understanding that they're then obliged to stay with us for a defined period of time.
If you think you could be getting a better deal than you are compared to what else is available in your area, then that's kind of what our Customer Options Team are there to help you with! Wink

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

john50
Grafter

I must admit I said to Mrs J its actually quite a clever bit of marketing as I'm coming to the end of the 1 year contract, its good that theres no catch's gimmicks or insistence that you stay for a further period, makes you quite happy to stay.
Mind you everybody and his dog provides BroadBand round here  Grin
Some sort of incentive to stay must be able to be worked out,  50p a year discount up to a set maximum number of years?Huh
Anyway I'm impressed  Smiley
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Maybe there should be another condition attached to acceptance of the offer.....don't post details of it in the forum Wink Grin
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
Anonymous
Not applicable

You beat me to it.
Personal offers like this should be kept to yourself, I don't think this offer will be repeated to you.
If PN publish offers like this, that is fine.
Otherwise, keep schtum.
You spoil it for others.
john50
Grafter

Well perhaps if "Private and Confidential"  or words to that effect was put on the letter ,
It could have quite easily be a mass marking excercise to everyone coming up to the 1st anniversary.
If plusnet wanted to keep it that private the thread could have easily been deleted and a e mail sent to me when Bob replied
The thread was started to praise plusnet for what appeared to be a marketing initiative  rewarding loyalty,
and as for the  " I don't think this offer will be repeated to you"  that sort of comment is not required
pierre_pierre
Grafter

well I have been with PN broadband since 1998 and live in an area with a lot of LLU, some with very good reputations and I have never had an offer
peter10
Grafter

I've recently had an email to say my bill will go up however to be fair it had been frozen for a year. I get junk mail from TalkTalk, Sky and Orange offering me cheap deals so perhaps time to read them more thoroughly. I change gas/electricity supplier regularly as they don't offer the best deals to existing customers. It may be worth shopping around and comparing broadband deals although I realise that price is only one of the criteria.
john50
Grafter

Quote from: peter10
  they don't offer the best deals to existing customers.

Exactly, whilst I didn't realise  these sort of offers should be kept private and super secret squirrel,  I thought it was one heck of an initiative to actually offer something to an existing customer whether they had been here 1 or 20 years and to quote Bob ," length of service won't have been the only thing that was considered" 

Sorry to have upset some, but an initiative like this is something to praise Plusnet for,  not everyone can win the raffle so to speak
but good on you Plusnet for trying to please existing customers
peter10
Grafter

Good luck to you in getting a reduction. I have no problem with that.
However in reply to a couple of your points
a) It would be good to know if I was entered into the raffle !
b) I would dispute your assertion that PN are trying to please existing customers and suggest that it should be PN are trying to please some existing customers. Bob Pullen said only a small number were targeted.
PN (like the majority of firms) will rely a lot on the inertia of existing customers.