cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Webmail Server Slowing

grumpybob
Grafter

Re: Webmail Server Slowing

This really is intolerable - and the idea that I will just have to put up with this level of performance until (at best) the end of February is utterly absurd.
As I have pointed out to Plusnet before, I rely on Webmail far too much to be able to put up with poor, unreliable service. I have already, today, been rendered unable to respond to an important email in a timely manner due to this fault. "End of February"! Not likely!
RPMozley
Pro
Fixes: 13

The old PlusNet webmail platform (Squirrel mail) is still available to use, if you're in dire need to access your mail.
Squirrel Mail
That's RPM to you!!
drj
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

... but it doesn't display images!
RPMozley
Pro

Simply click 'View Images' in the options selection, of the email view. Isn't that visible for you drj?
That's RPM to you!!
drj
Aspiring Pro

Yes - spotted that now thanks - but you have to hit it on every email - can't find a setting to display images by default.
RPMozley
Pro

Nope, there wasn't one for showing on all, sadly. At least you've got access though, albeit old and not very fancy but it's a workaround while the Round Cube platform is, umm... creaking at the seams. Roll_eyes
That's RPM to you!!
drj
Aspiring Pro

Just thought I'd mention that at 08.05 this morning Roundcube was zipping along beautifully - less than a second to open an email or list the inbox. So it works perfectly sometimes!
Gel
Aspiring Champion
Fixes: 29

grumpybob
Grafter

Dismally slow at the moment. I can't get by with this level of performance.
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

It isn't slow here - more it has ground to a complete halt  Angry
drj
Aspiring Pro

I was going to say it's OK but it's just slowed. Took 27 seconds to go from junk box to inbox
drj
Aspiring Pro

Very slow this lunchtime
drj
Aspiring Pro

It's absolutely hopeless tonight! Please sort it out or I'm leaving!
Eebuygum
Grafter

Plusnet Webmail has never been brilliant, but it is has just been getting worse and worse (with just rare occasional flashes of it working properly). At the moment it is an absolute joke and virtually unusable unless you are prepared to wait several minutes to get any reaction to each mouse click. . Why Why Why will someone at Plusnet not get to grips with this persistent  re-occurring problem.  It should be a situation demanding the highest priority, particularly in view of the length of time that this problem has been going on.
Mike
colbrad
Grafter

Quote from: RPMozley
The old PlusNet webmail platform (Squirrel mail) is still available to use, if you're in dire need to access your mail.
Squirrel Mail

Not been able to access Webmail properly most of today, so thank you for the tip to use Squirrelmail. I do hope Plusnet get a shift on with the webmail upgrade, its like wading through treacle most days.