cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Webmail Server Slowing

IanM
Grafter

Re: Webmail Server Slowing

I posted on the other thread a few days ago, webmail feels like it's even slower now.
Anything to do with switching package at midnight Sun/Mon?
cuke2u
Grafter

Webmail has been ridiculously slow all afternoon and I cannot believe that we have to put up with this for another couple of months. I cannot use a client because I am accessing it at work as well. Surely +net could have planned this better...
chandu
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

Quote from: Matt
Already done-.... If there're any changes I'll let you know, but until then it's as I said above.

Thanks, Matt.  You have done your best for us.  Now we hope that people higher up appreciate users frustration.  Sad
mrob
Grafter

I have also posted on the other thread...very patchy webmail funcioning for a week and a half now...loading times ludicrous. Yesterday my webmail was unusable. Brief respite yesterday evening and unusable again today.
Phoning customer service a dead end due to wait times.No response to my email on slow webmail thread.
I see on this forum and elsewhere on the web many others are having the same frustrating experience with webmail.
Can't believe the minimal response to this on the forum from Plusnet so far...quite unlike my previous experiences when I've found Plusnet to be responsive and efficient when I've had problems in the past.
I don't want to change to other email...so what are we supposed to do ?!!!!!!
mrob
drj
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

Curiously I've just opened webmail at a time when it's often turgid and it's rocketing along.quicker than usual - approx one second for any operation. Is it suddenly fixed? (I live in hope!)
chandu
Rising Star

Quote from: drj
....... Is it suddenly fixed?

Yes drj, mine is faster at 19:16.  I had tried it after reading your post.  Let's hope it is not short lived!!!!! Grin
IanM
Grafter

Quote from: Matt
...we've had an update - though it's not great news I'm afraid. We're in the process of replacing the webmail storage platform, which will take another couple of months to complete. Until that's all done I'm afraid there are going to be intermittent slowdowns. If at all possible we'd therefore recommend viewing via a client, and can only apologise to users who have to use the webmail platform itself. Really sorry about that.

I missed this note when I posted yesterday. Would it be worth posting this info on the service status page, as well as a sticky notice in the email forum?
ChrisDancer
Dabbler

Mine's been slow for weeks. I tidied up my inbox to about 280 emails but to no avail. It takes up to 30 seconds to perform any action.
I checked service status for email but there's nothing listed, but it seems from the above post that some servicing is going on. Let's hope that fixes it.
drj
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

The number of emails in your inbox is, I believe, irrelevant - I've got three...
Gel
Aspiring Champion
Fixes: 29

Angry
Very sluggish again this morning; Plus Net really should prioritise a fix for this asap.
It's not satisfactory to hear that it may be months like this.
Other ISP's web mail (who I don't pay a penny for), are lightning fast.
I have 4 small e mails showing currently; all under 15kb!
UPDATED:
The first was JUST 11kb, and took 2 mins + 10 secs to render.
My speed is just under 3megs.
This makes it unusable in its current shoddy state.
But sometimes there is no alternative.
vlbvlb
Grafter

I'm having the same problem, taking an age to load emails, mind you, it took about twenty seconds to load this reply page!
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Webmail slowdowns (79258) - NEW
Email
Posted on: Tuesday 21 January 2014, 10:17
Customers may be experiencing slowdowns and loading delays when accessing our webmail platform.
This issue is being caused by the storage platform used by our webmail. Our network engineers are working to replace this, we expect to have the new platform in place by the end of February this year.
In the mean time we're very sorry for any inconvenience caused by this issue and would recommend that our customers access their email via a mail client such as Windows Live Mail where possible.
Kind regards,
Matt Taylor
Customer Support
chandu
Rising Star

Thanks Jim,  I have noticed this happening since last night.  It is a sad situation.  Sad
grumpybob
Grafter

I noticed the deterioration in the responsiveness of Webmail a few days ago but, for me, it is only today that it has got so bad that I came to the Service Status page and the Forums. As many/all of you may know, the Plusnet Service Status page does display that there is, currently, a known issue with Webmail. That's annoying and inconvenient but, fair enough, these things happen. What is REALLY bad is that the Service Status details state that Plusnet do not expect this problem to be resolved until (at least) the end of February. That's not good enough.
I've been a Plusnet customer for many years (including the years before they were bought out by BT). Back in those days, the service was great and I used to recommend Plusnet to people all the time (even before that was incentivised). When I heard, a good few years ago now, that BT had bought them out my heart sank. I knew it would, eventually, be a case of Plusnet falling to BT's standard rather than BT rising to Plusnet's.
So, on several occasions in recent years I have been tempted to move to another ISP but the main obstacle to that has been my Plusnet email address (which so many of my friends and contacts possess). In a way, this latest Webmail breakdown is doing me a favour as it is forcing my hand. Based on how long they estimate it will take to fix, I may as well make the permanent transition to an entirely web-based email service (which will, in turn, make it much easier for me to transition to another ISP in the future if I find one I prefer to Plusnet).
So, sadly, this looks like the beginning of the end for my relationship with Plusnet.
kmilburn
Grafter

It would be nice to see some mail today via the webmail platform.  While I can log in, the message list has been refusing to show for around 3 hours so far...  Angry
I got a cryptic error back once,  but all other times result in the loading box eventually disappearing, with nothing else happening.