cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VERY Happy with Plusnet... until this week :-(

markjwarner
Hooked

VERY Happy with Plusnet... until this week :-(

I've been using Plus.net for broadband for about four years and have always been VERY happy with the service.
However last month, as my BT Line Rental Saver was coming to an end, I decided to switch my home phone service to PN too (to save a small amount of money and keep phone+broadband on the same system). What a mistake!
On Tuesday this week, my home phone line was switched over from BT to Plusnet. This resulted in two problems:
1) My home phone number was changed to a brand new number (even though it had been confirmed that I would keep the original number).
2) My fibre broadband connection was cut off.
After speaking to three different people in your customer service team, it was eventually noticed that whoever placed the order on your system put it through as a brand new line install, instead of transferring the existing line from BT to PN.
So this week, I have been backwards and forwards on the phone to your staff, trying to sort this out. My home phone number was switched back to the original number last night (thank you), but I'm still waiting to have my broadband connection set up again. I was originally told that this would be expedited but I still have no indication of when the service will be back online yet.
My attempt to make things easier by switching the phone to Plus.net has now wasted me money (as I'm having to pay extra to get an Internet connection via tethering to my mobile phone) and lots of time dealing with the problems.
I hope that whoever set up my order incorrectly has been informed about this, so that it doesn't happen to anyone else.
Any further indication about an expedited broadband connection date would be much appreciated!
6 REPLIES 6
MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

Re: VERY Happy with Plusnet... until this week :-(

Thanks for speaking with me this evening markjwarner.
You have explained the situation on the forum very clearly. In my opinion, you have every right to be aggrieved. I'll make sure I feed back on the agent that placed your order.
I have expedited your order to Monday morning (provisionally), and should be able to confirm this date with you tomorrow.
Matty
ex-Plusnet staffer. Any posts after 28/07/2017 aren't on behalf of Plusnet
markjwarner
Hooked

Thank you very much for your prompt response by phone / email / forum.
It's great to have a date to get things back up and running. I just wish that I'd posted in the forums earlier... the support here is MUCH quicker than your standard phone support.
Mark
MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Thanks for the feedback.
I didn't really want to leave it for my colleagues in the morning as it meant we might not even have had an engineer appointment for Monday. I've not been able to confirm at just yet as BT's order placement site is down for maintenance (convenient!).
Hopefully I'll be able to update you today.
Matty.
MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

@markjwarner - Just a quick update. Your order is booked in now Smiley
Matty
markjwarner
Hooked

The engineer came this morning as promised and my broadband is working again now.
Thanks for helping to get it fixed.
MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

I was a bit worried about this as the engineer hadn't updated his notes yet.
Thanks for letting me know, Mark. I'll send a debrief on the ticket shortly.
Matty