cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet Prices are Scandalous!

watson1505

Plusnet Prices are Scandalous!

Iv been with plusnet for a while now and my bill has never been under £50 i only use my phone for taxis and takeaways here are some prices from offer providers
virgin media
152Mb Unlimited Broadband
XL TV 230 Channels
Talk Weekends
£35.00 for 12 months (£45.00 thereafter)
Sky
£53.44
a month for 12 months
Over 80 channels
72 HD channels
240 free-to-air-channels
Box Sets on demand & Sky 3D
All 11 Sky Movies HD channels
All 6 Sky Sports HD channels
free Sky+HD box
£50 credits added to your first bill
im only getting internet and phone and paying way more than that how can you guy justify your prices!
dick:red All caps tilte edited as per forum rule.
9 REPLIES 9
w23
Pro
Fixes: 4

Re: Plusnet Prices are Scandalous!

Does your current £50+ per month include line rental?  I'm pretty sure that line rental is an additional charge on the Virgin offer you mention.
How much of your current bill is calls?  Virgin will charge for any calls not included in their weekend period.
I can't comment at all on Sky as you don't mention any telephone package in your post.
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

So what makes up your typical bill - I assume a chunk of it must be call charges
watson1505

checking my bills my phone bills are always around £10 im just gona go to virgin media theyre giving me 100mb broadband all sports, kids and entertament channels and and free evening and weekend calls for £45 a month that including linerental. Thats less around a 5r more il be paying to get more than double the broadband speed and the tv package i dont no why i didnt look for a better deal sooner
AndyH
Grafter

Quote from: watson1505
virgin media
152Mb Unlimited Broadband
XL TV 230 Channels
Talk Weekends
£35.00 for 12 months (£45.00 thereafter)

+ £15.99 a month line rental.
Not so cheap now...
MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

Hi watson1505,
My apologies that you feel this way.
I'm a bit confused because you say that your bill has never been under £50. It has only exceeded this amount 3 times whilst with us.
Checking over your recent phone bills, the last one was for £14.98 and the one before that was £16.57. I must stress that this is quite a bulk of your bill. Maybe we could put you on a better call package?
That being said, our Customer Options team could probably offer you a better deal.
If you want to contact them, you can do on 08000132632 or 03301239197.
Matty
ex-Plusnet staffer. Any posts after 28/07/2017 aren't on behalf of Plusnet
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 156

Hi Watson1505,
A warm welcome to the forums.
The prices you quote may or may not be comparable to what you are paying at present, they are though "New Customer" inducement fixed contract offers.  After contract the prices are usually different and somewhat more expensive.
As you stated, you have been with PlusNET for a while and I would suspect that your package has more bells and whistles on it than the current packages on offer to new PlusNET customers - who you will be aware can get better prices than existing users during their initial contract.
Many users have found that a good deal can be sought (for a new contract) with PlusNET by calling the customer retentions / cancellations / options team.
Hope you can sort out the right deal for you.
Edit: Matty types faster...

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

Quote from: Townman
Edit: Matty types faster...

OldJim usually beats me to it.  Grin
ex-Plusnet staffer. Any posts after 28/07/2017 aren't on behalf of Plusnet
jsm51
Grafter

Aren't people polite on here! I was struggling to decide whether the OP didn't know what scandalous means or just enjoys a good troll. Plusnet's prices are competitive in the market or they wouldn't be in business. At any one time they may not represent the best deal for you but it is up to you to sort that out for yourself. You really didn't need to share your thoughts with others particularly as you seem incapable of making accurate comparisons.
rogadodge
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

Hi Watson. I can't understand how your bills could be so high...you must have ticked just about every box in the selection .  I would suggest before opting for Sky, for example, you check out their Facebook page and read some of the comments on there...it may make you reconsider. And don't put to much faith in  speed estimates, they are all 'up to' and unless you live in a flat over the exchange you are extremely unlikely to see these estimates. Though I must admit Plusnet estimates for me have always fallen short of the speed I actually achieved.
If you have not changed your plan for a while,I suggest you call the customer options team, they are really helpful and can offer some great deals.
I have unlimited fibre plus phone and line rental for less than £30 a month, but more than that I have peace of mind. That is priceless.
Make the call, what can you lose? Wink