cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Utter Frustration

kato
Dabbler

Utter Frustration

I am utterly frustrated with your service. After years of good service our plusnet broadband is now awful. Drops constantly and when it is on is painfully slow. I have bought a new router from you already. Had to use over hour of my time on Saturday waiting for first customer services (15 mins), then "technical service" 50 mins is ridiculous and then I am still nowhere further forward. I will be going elsewhere soon where at least you can talk to someone and get a reply.
31 REPLIES 31
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Re: Utter Frustration

Sorry to see the line issues you've been having, along with the problems contacting our support team.
I've just had a quick look at your line and over the weekend it was dropping out on a very very frequent basis, but seems to be much more stable now:

Have you made any changes since the weekend to your setup or added/removed any electrical items in your house?
Are you still seeing the connection dropping and if so, are you using wireless? If wireless have you tried an ethernet cable to see if the same issues continue then?
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 157

Quote from: Chris
If wireless have you tried an ethernet cable to see if the same issues continue then?

@Chris, - Can you please advise how the use of Ethernet cable rather than wireless would impact the frequency of PPP session loss as shown in the connectivity graph?  Some of the gaps in the graph could only be human intervention if Kato is a night owl - 3 to 5 Sunday morning.
@Kato - can you correlate the PPP session disconnections shown above with any remedial activity you was doing - for example frequent restarting of the router on Sunday afternoon?  Was the router left switched off during Friday night / Saturday and Sunday morning?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Chris
Legend

@Chris, - Can you please advise how the use of Ethernet cable rather than wireless would impact the frequency of PPP session loss as shown in the connectivity graph?  Some of the gaps in the graph could only be human intervention if Kato is a night owl - 3 to 5 Sunday morning.

That's not what I was suggesting. I was asking about ethernet in particular over the last 2 days while there aren't any obvious drops.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
kato
Dabbler

On Saturday evening I changed the recently provided new plusnet router back to the old Belkin router after a completely hopeless conversation on the phone with your technical help who said it might be the router or the socket and it did became more stable for a while. I hvae not turned it on or off since. I am not a technician so don't understand some of your questions. I have not used an ethernet cable at all. Who does these days? I have a router connected directly to a prefiltered BT socket. Everything else is wireless.
James
Grafter

How has your experience been since Sunday evening?
The chart that Chris has posted suggests that there were problems up until then but your connectivity is now stable.
kato
Dabbler

Last night speed was so slow it was painful - it may have been connected but nothing was happening!. p.s. I am not a night owl either!
Chris
Legend

Your router is connecting at 1408 to the exchange, but due to the large amount of disconnections over the weekend the profile of the line has been reduced to try to stablise it. I'm going to reset the line which should improve your speed within a couple of hours.
I'll update your fault ticket with this information too.
Chris
Legend

I'll try to perform the SNR reset shortly, we're having some issues with the tool we use for this at the moment.
kato
Dabbler

Thanks for helping Chris - please let me know when you have performed the reset.
kato
Dabbler

Undecided Are there any plans to increase speed of technical help via the phone or online or are we expected to use these forums to get problems resolved?
Chris
Legend

Yes, we've just opened a new call centre in Leeds and are recruiting heavily to fill it up and get the staff there trained. We know it's not good to wait so long for an update and we really do want to fix it./
kato
Dabbler

OK - thanks for the advice. Hope I will go back to being oblivious about all the issues with broadband but we have been having speed issues for a while so I am keeping my fingers firmly crossed!  Wink
gnicholson8
Grafter

Quote from: kato
OK - thanks for the advice. Hope I will go back to being oblivious about all the issues with broadband but we have been having speed issues for a while so I am keeping my fingers firmly crossed!  Wink

if you here
http://speedtest.btwholesale.com/
Run a speed test and then press the further diagnostic button bellow (once the SNR has been reset) it will run a speed test with your current speed and what you're suppose to receive.
Chris
Legend

The SNR reset seems to have been accepted this time (we've been having some problems with 20CN resets today) so I'm just keeping an eye on your line to make sure it actually completes.