cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Told to use electronic ticket system not email

jayteepix

Told to use electronic ticket system not email

I am now 14 days in to my BB & Phone service and received an email to this effect. I tried to object to a statement in this email by reply email which was rejected and the alternative vehicles suggested did not have a heading which was appropriate to my objection.
So I am using this "feedback" mechanism to get my point registered for future reference as comms has to be a two way street IMO.
I received ..When you signed up for your broadband account, we performed a check on your telephone line to give you an estimated speed your line might achieve.
Now that your service has now been active for 14 days, we thought we'd let you know the speed as it stands today, by way of comparison.
Estimated line speed: 15Mbps
Current line speed: 37Mbps

The point I wished to reply to (and have recorded) was...
As far as I can recall there has been no previous mention of a speed as low as 15Mbps
Had there been I would have stayed on ADSL2+ which delivered me 18Mbps.

Hopefully this objection is now a matter of record (since PNet says emails get lost)

2 REPLIES 2
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: Told to use electronic ticket system not email

The reference to Estimated Line Speed is a for ADSL and fibre customers still receive it even though it isn't relevant to their product
jayteepix

Re: Told to use electronic ticket system not email

Thank you for your prompt reply. Pretty dumb generic email.
As you might imagine gone unchallenged could allow PNet to refer back to this 15Mbps one day.
Call me paranoid if you will but making the email more product specific would have saved you time, me time and goodness knows how many other peeps time.
Notwithstanding this I am (at 2 weeks in) very happy with the service so far.