cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ticket 39418625

misha
Dabbler

Ticket 39418625

Had an early response to my ticket but I have posted 2 notes since that I would appreciate a reply too but nothing !!!!!!! It is all due to connection speeds 56 kbps ( thats upload speed) is awful and I feel I deserve a better service.
I have received a Thomson Router that Plusnet want me to try but I cannot see this making a difference all my internal connections have been checked and double checked so my argument has been why do the households either side of me who are both on Sky get upload speeds of 660kbps and I get a paltry 56 kbps!!!!! I am going to try the new Router but I am not hopeful of any change.
Plusnet have tested and found Fluctuations and Dropouts but dont know why !!!!!! Plusnet is in partnership with BT and my service is well better be careful here eh !!! Very sub standard !!!! comments please.
Been with Plusnet a long time but for how much longer ?
12 REPLIES 12
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Ticket 39418625

Hi misha,
I've checked the ticket and can ascertain that the next step would be for us to raise a fault report with our suppliers, however that does lead generally to an engineer visit and charges if the fault is related to the hardware.
Where as we can't say for certain that your router is causing the fault I wouldn't want to rule it out as it is a relatively old piece of kit and having said that our tests have picked up errors we'd have to advise trying the new one we've sent you as the next step.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
misha
Dabbler

Thanks Adam, Ben has telephoned me and I will be setting the router up tomorrow and will advise on my ticket when this is done so you can monitor the speeds.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

OK, no problem. Drop us a reply on here to that way I'll get flagged to take another look for you.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
misha
Dabbler

Adam
          As advised by you I have set the Thomson Router up at 8-30pm on 10/2/11, therefore please advise me of any findings after you have tested again.
Regards In anticipation of a positive result!!!!
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

According to data I can see at this side the new router may have done the trick as the connection has remained stable at around 1mb since then. Just to make sure you are aware the speeds did drop due to you experiencing frequent disconnections, that in turn caused the speeds to lower.
I'm not sure what speeds you experienced previously but if they were above 1mb you should see some improvement over the weekend assuming the connection stays solid.
I'll check again on Monday but in the meantime try going here to run a speed test: http://speedtester.bt.com
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
misha
Dabbler

Hi Adam
                Line has been constant connection since I installed New Router, speed when I checked just now which is a busy part of day was 459 kbps, which is better and is ok for what I use but I will moniter things over the weekend and be in touch next week.
Thank you for monitoring the fault on my behalf, and I dont expect mega speeds as I am right at the end of the exchange so it looks like I will just have to make do with what I have got, but once again thanks to everyone involved.
Regards Misha 
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Thanks Misha,
I'll have a look on Monday morning to see how things are going for you.
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
misha
Dabbler

Cheers Adam, just done a speedtest and for the first time in months I got just over 1 meg !!!!!! so as you say the new router appears to have done the trick but I would appreciate you checking again tomorrow and advising me if any dropouts have occured.
Regards Misha
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Hi misha,
Good news Smiley I can see you've been online for over one day and 17 hours. A line test also shows me that you should still be receiving speeds in the region of 1mb.
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
misha
Dabbler

Adam
          Once again thanks for your attention to my connection problem, I think we can safely say its sorted now.
Regards Misha
misha
Dabbler

Adam
          I have checked over the last week and speeds have been constant at 1 Meg which is better than I have had for the last 6 months.
Please accept my thanks for your support and advise all the Customer Service Staff involved in resolving my connection problem a big thank you as well.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

misha,
Thanks very much for taking the effort to come back here and tell us that. I'll make sure everyone who helped gets the recognition they deserve. Smiley
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team