cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This is a Joke right?

dylan0150

This is a Joke right?

https://gyazo.com/84ff83a1448bb35a1f45ae2016b65b3c
You're kidding me right? I was promised 70mbps, I asked specifically what speed I was estimated for my area and I was told 70mbps, on day 1 the line was installed I was told I had 70mbps.
2.5mbps?? My old basic ASDL connection was faster than that. This is not an "upgrade" at all this is frankly ridiculous. This is after I didn't get my engineer visit until 2 weeks late and was told I would get a discounted first month... only to receive my bill for the full amount yesterday. Not to mention online gaming is virtually impossible with a ping that constantly fluctuates around 100ms.
I am astounded at how bad this is. I don't want any more excuses I want to be released from my contract, the number of terms and conditions broken and promises broken is unbelievable. Not to mention the 30 minute wait times to get through to anyone. And to make matters worse you've been capping peer-to-peer speeds during all hours of the day, not just peak times.
16 REPLIES 16
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: This is a Joke right?

The estimated figure has no relevance to Fibre - it is taken from the BT Openreach ADSL estimate and Plusnet don't cap P2P speeds
dvorak
Fixes: 1,482

the relevant figure in that image is the current speed.
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
dylan0150

Quote from: Oldjim
The estimated figure has no relevance to Fibre - it is taken from the BT Openreach ADSL estimate and Plusnet don't cap P2P speeds

Okay then why when I was downloading the latest update from blizzard was my speed stuck at 1mbs during off peak, never going higher. Then after setting up a VPN, 5 minutes later the speed jumped to 2.2mbps. Disabling the VPN, back down to 1mbps?
During peak times my internet speedtest results give me 4-5mbps at absolute most, Off-peak I get around 10mbps at best. This is a lot lot lower than they promised. If the 2.5mbps does not reflect this, then what does it reflect?
aesmith
Pro
Fixes: 4

Do these FTTC products have a tuning period and an IP profile?  Just wondering if the link is still bedding down.
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Are those tests wired or wireless
Suggest checking using this and report the results http://www.thinkbroadband.com/speedtest.html
Also report the IP profile from the BT speedtest - further diagnostics
@aesmith - no they don't insofar as they start as fast as they can and then trim back if needed
dylan0150

Quote from: Oldjim
Are those tests wired or wireless
Suggest checking using this and report the results http://www.thinkbroadband.com/speedtest.html
Also report the IP profile from the BT speedtest - further diagnostics
@aesmith - no they don't

Wireless but the speeds on day one were 17mbps (fast enough I wasn't going to complain) but now they're usually 2-3mbps which considering nothing has changed on my end, is surely way way way too slow?
Currently I actually have speeds of around 12mbps which is fine, but it's early afternoon on a thursday, it won't continue later in the day.
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

There's no point anyone trying to help you until you post the results of a reliable speed test such as the thinkbroadband one using a wired connection and the IP Profile from the further diagnostics in the BT speed test.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
adagio
Grafter

How is one supposed to post results from "Further Diagnostics" when it doesn't work?
rookey
Grafter

Same prob am having. I been told do it but can't get it to work
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 159

Any individual having problems with the BTw speed test further tests should report the same to their ISP.  The fact that it does not work for you, does not mean it does not work for every one.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

adagio
Grafter

Quote from: Townman
Any individual having problems with the BTw speed test further tests should report the same to their ISP. 

This, as you well know has been a long standing issue with Plusnet at least.
See e.g.
http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,124245.0.html
Apprentice
Grafter

Yes it's a long standing issue for some customers alright  Sad
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 159

Quote from: adagio
Quote from: Townman
Any individual having problems with the BTw speed test further tests should report the same to their ISP. 

This, as you well know has been a long standing issue with Plusnet at least.
See e.g.
http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,124245.0.html

That is an issue with TAP 3 tests for FTTC and is a different matter.
Regardless, this is not an issue with PlusNet, rather an issue with the BT Wholesale test system on some subscriber's lines.  The reason that BTw refer users to their ISPs, is that subscribers have no remedy route direct to BTw for failures in BTw's systems other than via the ISP.
Something I am sure you know well too.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

dylan0150

http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/4745347471
Wednesday night, 7pm. It's been slow all afternoon though as well. Cannot do anything, virtually un-usable.