cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Plusnet curse?....On & On 1 Year On!

TicnTac
Grafter

Re: The Plusnet curse?

Will reply to the above later  Smiley
As for Jamie - he better before someone gets very angry and _____ a new ____ ______  Angry
____ BT are _______ useless!!!!!!!!!!  Angry
What a pathetic waste of space this morning was.
Plugged in box, made a few beeping noises - "nah can't see a problem 'ere mate", "might look at the cabinet" "this 'ere might be the problem" No, that's the faceplate for the broadband, the SFI put that on to replace the BT one!  Angry "oh, don't know much about broadband"  Roll_eyes
A few mins later, my wife, son and I walk round the corner, and who do we see parked up sat in his van doing sweet ________! Mr I AM USELESS BT MAN!
What a _______ joke!
It also makes Plusnet look like a _______ joke!
Jamie best shift his BT behind and make room for someone like you before we escalate this fault / complaint to the OFCOM bods!
Dude, really, really not happy  Angry
Blanks are left for folk who read it to fill in their own words, I don't tend to swear, but I feel like it now  Angry
It's a complete _______ joke!  Angry Angry Angry
Oh, BTW - still no bags!
- as I said, will reply to the post properly later, just thought I'd let you know our feelings in case Agent P doesn't quite pass it on!  Angry
TicnTac
Grafter

Hi ticntac, hope your weekend wasn't too bad,

Wasn’t too bad ta!  Smiley
I like most of their albums but 'The Gallery' remains my favourite. I definaetely know what your saying about the Maiden influence, you can hear it in spades on here (esp on the first track 'Punish My Heaven'

I have a feeling, that no matter what band there is, new or old, there is always going to be a Maiden influence creeping through somewhere, something I love to hear time and time again!  Cheesy
The drums didn't seem to translate to well on to streamed formats, I'll dig a CD out for you as it sounds much better. I'll be honest though where as we're happy with some of the newer recordings we've done ('From the Ashes', 'Causatum' and 'The End is Nigh') we never quite managed to get the drum sound we wanted. We're heading back to the studio soon and we have a different plan for next time 
PS a signing is something we're working on at the moment and working with an orchestra has been a dream of mine ever since Metallica did the shows with the San-Fran Philharmonic about 10 years ago 

CD would be nice!  Smiley As for Drums, dig out a Sound on Sound, last month or month before, great article on tuning, micing up drums etc. Also padding, and gig set ups to get the best sound for a recording. Drums are one of those awkward things, best thing to do is the next time you’re in a studio, see if you can swap out some different kits to see if there is a better sound you can get. From my ears, there’s nothing wrong with the drummer, but it might be worth having a hunt for a better sound from a different kit! Whatever you do, don’t use tape cushions or dampeners on it!  Roll_eyes
A signing would be great for you, you’d be off to Germany and the USA in no time! Although would it be possible to this our fault out first? I feel if you don’t get Jamie’s spot, Plusnet would just fall apart!  Undecided
Go to http://www.sheffieldphilharmonic.org.uk/ Smiley Write them a letter, or go and visit them, I’m sure they’d be up for it, even just for a jam session!  Smiley
Anyway I don't want to spend too much of Plusnet's time talking about this so I hope the bunch of returns bags I've sent you does reach you today, I'm about to stick another version 8 in the post to you so that should get to you within the next few days.

Why? You’re appeasing a customer and giving them satisfaction, without it, we’d have long gone! Shall look out for the V8!
All I can say to that is speak later,  I always do, I always will and only time will tell for the last bit, I don't see Jamie looking too ready to pack up his things just yet though 

As for Jamie grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Angry Lips_are_sealed Angry
Speak to you soon!  Roll_eyes
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

I have a feeling, that no matter what band there is, new or old, there is always going to be a Maiden influence creeping through somewhere, something I love to hear time and time again!

Yep, Maiden's far-reaching influence on metal is undeniable, they helped shape the genre at a crucial time where prog was becoming a thing of the past and punk was rapidly taking over. Have a listen to our track 'The End is Nigh' even though the majority of the song takes its cues from bands like In Flames and SYL the guitar harmonies (like most of the ones we've come up with written) always tend to hark back to Maiden or Thin Lizzy. (BTW if you like harmonies as much as I do check out a band called Baroness).
CD would be nice!  As for Drums, dig out a Sound on Sound, last month or month before, great article on tuning, micing up drums etc. Also padding, and gig set ups to get the best sound for a recording. Drums are one of those awkward things, best thing to do is the next time you’re in a studio, see if you can swap out some different kits to see if there is a better sound you can get. From my ears, there’s nothing wrong with the drummer, but it might be worth having a hunt for a better sound from a different kit! Whatever you do, don’t use tape cushions or dampeners on it!  Roll Eyes

I'll pick up a CD from our rehearsal room and get that off you you. A friend of mine subscribes to Sound on Sound so I shall be asking about that later. I'm no drummer but I know good drum sounds when I hear them so I will be taking a few CDs into the studio with me next time as a guideline (namely 'Mars to Sirius' by Gojira and 'The New Black' by SYL) we did a similar thing with the guitars last time and got great results, money and time restraints meant that this got a little overlooked with the drums (dosent it show too :()
Will be checking out the Sheffield Philharmonic, I would assume that a band at our level working with such an orchestra would be nigh on impossible to arrange, however I'll try not to let my scepticism in the way
before I get in touch with them.
Here's hoping that the V8 does reach you quickly and that the elusive returns bags get to you as well!

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
TicnTac
Grafter

No bags, no router - no fix on the line - ummm why are we paying money for this?  Undecided
I think we're about to hit 7 months  Roll_eyes
Angry
I vote: Sack BT, Sack CEO - all hail the Adam -  Wink
Dude, really, really want this sorted, otherwise, despite the great banter, the chats, etc. We're off!  Angry dragging it through OFCOM too! This can not continue.
This is really, really silly !!!!!
Will give you a shout if bags / router arrives Wednesday!
Undecided this totally sucks!
BenTrimble
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: The Plusnet curse?...7months on!!!!!

Just to let you know - your comments have been read but Adam's off sick today. Hopefully he'll be back in tomorrow as he's familiar with the latest updates of your case. If he's not back in tomorrow then I'll catch up with you to see what we can do.
TicnTac
Grafter

So BT have poisoned him and made him sick, just because the whole population want him promoted to CEO and to take charge of Plusnet?  Angry I’m sure there are laws against that, next they’ll be taking his phone line and broadband off him, and he’ll end up being made redundant as the DCT will be shut down and thrown in a broom cupboard to stop customers problems being highlighted in public!  Undecided  Wink
This is very unfair, just remember Ben, you could be next, although I’m sure I saw Adam reply to a post today, or was that yesterday? Without scrolling I couldn’t say!  Roll_eyes
Poor Adam, send him our wishes if you get the chance, as I’m sure Plusnet support and the company will crumble apart without him!
Thanks for standing in and updating me!  Smiley
If he's not back in tomorrow then I'll catch up with you to see what we can do.

Well that's easy, make him better, send him some grapes, chocolate, anything to get him back - either that, if you can sort the line, the broadband, the post, etc. then you could do that to, but I think Adam's got that sorted, maybe? Dunno?  Roll_eyes Will leave it with you and the DCT!
TicnTac
Grafter

*has a look* hmmm no Adam - will send grapes!  Undecided
can't believe BT has got away with this  Angry
GWS dude!
BenTrimble
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Adam's back today but please remember that we have a lot of other work to do and can't be on forums all day! He's currently in a meeting and will be in touch as soon as he can.
P.S. Any chance of chocolate instead of grapes? Cheesy
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

P.S. Any chance of chocolate instead of grapes?

Chocolates eh Ben?!? I'm sure they wouldn't have reached me if they'd have gone via yourself first Wink its got me thinking if chocolate covered grapes would be a good idea though! Glad to say I'm feeling much better today (the wonders of ibuprofen and orange juice!)
Tim,
I'm sorry to hear about the difficulties you had with the engineer on Monday, just let me know when you're available for another visit next week.
I enjoyed the picture you attached to the ticket, Charlotte Wessels is definitely better looking than our vocalist (I'm sure me saying that won't hurt his feelings too much)
I hope the router and bags do reach you soon so we can progress this issue further.
If it helps you feel better in the meantime have a listen to/watch this:

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
TicnTac
Grafter

No bags, no router  Sad
Phone line is still utter pap again  Roll_eyes
Date, well next week in a morning would be good, not the 7th of October or the 21st October.
Is it really worth sending an engineer out, if they're not going to fix the line, can we not just have the entire BT population come out and spend a good day on it to get it sorted once and for all?  Undecided It is getting very very silly!  Angry
Ta for the link, and the thought of chocolate covered grapes, I guess a knife and some Nutella will have to sufice for now! Wink
Cheers!

>
something to chill on! Smiley
PS. someone beat us to it with the chocolate grape idea Wink
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Hi TicnTac,
I'll get on and get another engineer booked for you. Sorry to hear that the line quality is bad again, I suppose one upside of this is if the fault is more evident when the engineer arrives there's a better chance of getting if fixed more quickly.
Re your router etc I will be putting claims in with Royal mail if these don't turn up today, I'm sorry this seems to be getting silly now. BTW Royal mail delays are being seen ATM, a first class delivery that I ordered from a shop in Cambridge last Friday didn't turn up here in Sheffield until yesterday.
Cheers for the link, something a little more chilled out is definitely needed today Smiley
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Dodgydog
Grafter

Sorry to but in but you must win the patience of a saint award along with the most loyal customer in history medal .I must admit i jumped ship to a llu you listed (not talk talk ) and have had no problems at all .After being with PN for 8 years my move was down to price , product and customer service which went downhill after their call centre in a foreign counrtry joined in .Its nice to know that a few are still fighting the good fight (Adam , Ben  Smiley ) . I wish you all the luck in getting it sorted.
TicnTac
Grafter

Grin
......and here I was going to do my f & blinding bit  Roll_eyes That little post put me in good form  Roll_eyes Ah well, although I have to say the ____ who answered my call on Friday wants a certain Rage against the machine song carrying out  Angry Complained about the line quality!!!!!!  Angry I think my frustrated sarcasm made him a little frustrated after my comment of "sorry my line is with Plusnet, what can you expect eh?"  Roll_eyes Was nice to hear his first comment of "has your new fibre router arrived"  Shocked Something I don't know about here?  Undecided  Roll_eyes
Anyway, Adam........ Roll_eyes after a few power on and offs and I think six total hard resets, I got into it, using the access key printed inside the router (learnt this off Thomson in regards to the duff one). So, we're in, set up, and working with our own username at duff.dsl.net  Grin Stats not changed, but then we're banded again  Roll_eyes Speaking of stats, guess what I can do now?
Uptime:    1 day, 6:40:36
DSL Type:    G.992.3 annex A
Bandwidth (Up/Down) [kbps/kbps]:    444 / 1,152
Data Transferred (Sent/Received) [MB/MB]:    54.88 / 832.34
Output Power (Up/Down) [dBm]:    12.5 / 16.0
Line Attenuation (Up/Down) [dB]:    33.5 / 57.5
SN Margin (Up/Down) [dB]:    18.5 / 14.0
Vendor ID (Local/Remote):    TMMB / IFTN
Loss of Framing (Local/Remote):    0 / 0
Loss of Signal (Local/Remote):    0 / 0
Loss of Power (Local/Remote):    0 / 0
Loss of Link (Remote):    0
Error Seconds (Local/Remote):    1 / 0
FEC Errors (Up/Down):    0 / 41,512
CRC Errors (Up/Down):    96 / 78
HEC Errors (Up/Down):    36 / 233

oooo rubbish stats, but no loss of signal, speaking of which,  our dear 17070 service is in working order, and the line quality seems to have improved  Shocked Did BT work on the line?  Shocked
So........V8 in place, going to work on that duff reset switch on the duff V8 now I've seen a built up working one  Roll_eyes I'm sure I have something kicking about to solder in for it to work! You can have one back working then!  Smiley Even if it is just for home use or testing, although I'm surprised after BT tried to poison you, you're not entitled to that nice Draytek router Wink
No return bags by the way, can we charge a storage charge for all these duff Plusnet routers? Wink £500 / day is about reasonable isn't it?  Smiley
So? Where do we go from here then? 7 months on.............and we have only gone backwards........... Angry
After all this time we've only really proved that BT sucks, Adam rocks (in real terms), and the new PN CEO needs to be sacked and replaced by Adam & Caz - not mentioned her for ages, and to think, that's where it all started, even for friends and family, it all went through Caz, bless her, hope she's not been killed off by BT.
Why is it when I phone up, half the people I speak to either haven't heard of you, are on the wrong floor, or sit near you but don't know if you're in or not...........or the classic, of "I've just messaged got a reply but I don't think he's here"?!?!?  Shocked Roll_eyes Are you a ghost Adam?  Roll_eyes
I wonder what life would be like if Plusnet / BT sent out emails like this?

Just in good humour of course - ya know we all just love Plusnet Wink
TicnTac
Grafter

but you must win the patience of a saint award along with the most loyal customer in history medal .

Adam? Wink
............well I guess I'll just sit and wait till Monday now, just hope BT haven't done away with Adam for good  Shocked
TicnTac
Grafter

Undecided no Adam? No BT?  Sad
Router is still working though  Roll_eyes