cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Terrible Customer Service

kcr7
Hooked

Terrible Customer Service

I have moved into a new-build house, and placed a new broadband order on or around the 15th August - I was advised an engineer would be out to site on the 5th September.

I was then informed there was an "issue" with my order, and that PlusNet would be in touch. After waiting for more information I had to contact the call centre team who advised me that Openreach would have to complete work, but they would update me on the 18th August with further information.

No call came.

I called in again on the 20th August to check on my update and could be given no further information, other than they would be able to update me on the 25th August - but the 5th September still stood as the date for the engineer to come out to my house.

No call came on the 25th either.

I re-contacted the call centre to enquire where this update was. This person knew nothing of any update, but did inform me there was a "planning issue". She told me I would be updated by the 1st September but that the appointment on the 5th still stood.

Guess what, no call came on the 1st September.

This morning I have called to not only chase the status of my order, but to check one last time that an engineer would be out to me tomorrow; only to now be told that there is no order and therefore no engineer.

Now, because of my entire lack of faith in PlusNet I have already spoken to Openreach, and was in my home when their engineer connected my house to the infrastructure – so I know the foundation work has been completed. Why don't PlusNet?

I made the jump from BT, not because I had poor service but because I was drawn in by the customer-focused approach that PlusNet have tried to build. However I have been left completely dismayed by the inherent disregard for someone trying to use (and pay for!) their services.

I called in at 08:10 this morning, and was promised a call back at 09:00 when the New Order team arrived on site. It is currently 09:57 without a call – if it wasn’t so poor, it would be funny.

How, and to whom do I make a complaint because this simply isn’t good enough.

24 REPLIES 24
grahamchudson

Re: Terrible Customer Service

Chat line out of action for a week at least, telephone wait times unacceptable. I'm going to find out which body gave the award for customer service and ask them to think again!

rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 12

Oh dear another sad tale , Sad 

Hopefully @Gandalf  will have a look at this ,and come back with some good news Thumbs_Up

Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
MauriceC
Resting Legend
Fixes: 17

Hopefully @Gandalf will pick this up soon and wave his magic wand.

In the meantimecomplaints-code-of-practice

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi there and sorry to see there's been such a long delay with your order.

I've just checked your account and can see our provisioning team have already chased this up and have added details to ticket 157121591for you.

I can see it would be worth us following this up with them again tomorrow so I'll set myself a reminder to make sure that happens.

Adam

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 158

@adamwalker@Gandalf@JonoH

Sorry I know its against the rules ... NUDGE ... but it is now 2 days since Adam said he would follow this up.  Has there been a response / resolution elsewhere please?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

We're updating the OP on their ticket guys.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
kcr7
Hooked

Update from my point of view

As suspected BT Openreach have been blamed and PlusNet are not to blame. That was 2 days ago.

In the last hour i have been told that (verbatim)

I'm sorry to disappoint but our suppliers have cancelled both the phone and broadband orders advising us that they are unable to process them simultaneously, we've placed a new line order (OR0000007955475) which has an appointment of between 08:00 and 13:00 on the 21st.

Utterly unnacceptable. I will be wasting yet more time on hold to the call centre it seems as I was PROMISED a rushed appointment as soon as BTO confirmed the work that took place 10 days ago indeed took place by Thomas Best in the New Order team.
Townman
Superuser
Superuser

Given that Openreach cancelled the order, how can Plusnet or any other isp getting orders cancelled by their supplier be to blame? Yes they are responsible for chasing resolution but how do you assign blame for the cancellation?

kcr7
Hooked

Please explain where I have blamed PlusNet for the cancellation.

I am blaming them for the poor customer service. I have been promised a 48 hour turnaround for an appointment following the cancellation of the 5th, not 15 days.

This is my issue.
Townman
Superuser
Superuser

Appointments, expeditions and escalations can only be placed on open orders. In the presence of orders being cancelled (by Openreach) there is nothing an isp can do beyond raise a new order with Openreach's standard delaying tactics.
Personally I am starting to suspect that Openreach have a sever holiday season resourcing problem, which they are "resolving"'by cancelling orders they cannot fulfil.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

@kcr7

I'll see if we can get this expedited tomorrow when I'm back in the office.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Mav
Fixes: 514

Moderator's note:

Two unhelpful posts removed.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

We've added an update to 157121591 to show that the order for the line has been expedited, we will also be asking our suppliers to expedite the broadband order once this has completed.

Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
toaster
Grafter

Aye Right!!!