Did you mean: 

Terrible Customer Service

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Re: Terrible Customer Service

Adam,

In response to a request for 'clearer' answers I've received can you please indicate if the ticket provides an indication of how fast an expedited order will take? (As opposed to the well known times for normal no problem provisions).

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Timeframes for expedited orders depend on engineer availability. Sometimes, it can be next working day but I've also seen an expedite processed for much later in some cases. It's difficult to provide a clear answer.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
kcr7
Hooked

Update.

The engineer came out on the 12th as promised and set up the phone line.

I spoke to online chat the same day who advised I would be online by the 15th.

I then received this:

Dear Mr Read,

Thank you for your patience.

Your phone line is now showing as active, and we've placed your broadband order. Once this is accepted in Openreach's systems (which takes up to 24 working hours) we'll request an expedite to fast-track your order, and we should have you live by 14-09-17.

Broadband ref: ########

Brilliant, I thought. Silly me.

Wednesday 13th September - I receive information that my broadband order "had not been committed". Which after yet another conversation means that they hadn't checked that my broadband order had gone through. Despite 2 members of staff "confirming" that I will be online by either the 14th or the 15th.

I spoke to online chat at 14:00 on the 13th who advised it should be sorted by the 19th, and now I've had an email saying it should be ready by the 20th.

On what planet is this good enough?? On multiple occasions I have been told i'm getting an expedited order only to be made to wait 8 days from the phone line being installed, which was a week late itself!

I implore, no BEG you as a company - please please please stop giving me false information.

To top it all I asked for a call from a manager yesterday at around 14:40 and that it would be 2-4 hours. As usual, I am yet to receive said phone call. I have evidence of this by way of a screenshot as I'm sure PN will simply try to find their way out of it I'm sure.

I understand you are at the mercy of BT Openreach with new lines, but I have been lied to so many times my head is spinning. If you don't know an answer, get back to me do not tell me the easiest thing to get me off the phone / online chat - it's a disgusting and disrespectful way to treat people.

I have less than 1gb of data left on a 20gb mobile plan which means I can no longer work from home meaning it's now impacting on the rest of my life and family.

Lost for words.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Sorry to hear your expectations were not set.

The order was unfortunately stuck within the wholesale systems and we received KCI2 [Committed] notification later than usual in the order journey. I can see this has since been resolved and we've submitted the expedite.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
shutter
Community Veteran
Fixes: 65

@Gandalf Translated into  "Customer Friendly English".. means...

"We have been in touch with someone at BT... who couldn`t give us a proper answer to any questions, and we still don`t know if you will be up and running by the dates previously mentioned in your last post. 

Sorry for the inconvenience... "  

meaning... 

( my coffee is getting cold now because I had to answer your post ).

C`mon @Gandalf do you really think that your response is good enough?  You should be more "grovelliing" than "superior" in these situations, and be able to offer some worthwhile considerations to customers, who have been misled by the answers he gets from the Customer service members, and by the incredible bad service he/she has received in the overall experience.

If you think that this is in anyway "Award Winning Customer Service"... you certainly know which end of the awards list it belongs to....

kcr7
Hooked

@shutter thanks, I was beginning to think I'd gone mad as nobody seems to think this is poor except me...

Since complaining on my ticket again they have "expedited" the order but have given up on providing dates so I imagine I will be lucky to have it at some point in the next week or two.

Oh and I'm still waiting for the call back from a manager. This is an awfully long 2-4 hours isn't it....

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): CSA name removed from attachment as per Forum rules.

kcr7
Hooked

Now that I finally have broadband, I would like some feedback regarding my experience.

I never did receive a call back from a manager as promised. In fact there were only one or two occasions I did receive any kind of call back from anyone, at any point.

What process reviews are in place given the awful experience faced by a new customer? By which I mean

- Communication at all levels

- Engagement regarding the 'new line' process

- Lack of accountability for seemingly everyone involved in their customer service team

- Where did my call from a manager go?

- What feedback has been provided back to BTO?

- No sign of any kind of 'good will' by PN.

- Ability to contact the new line team directly rather than spending 30 minutes+ every time you wish to get in touch, because they don't call back.

Honestly, I understand that problems happen. But there has been no interest in providing a good customer experience here, and I fear for future customers that they will receive the same level of service.

How do I go about receiving this feedback? Do managers exist? Do I need to progress to the Ombudsman? Tweet Watchdog or even the CEO?

rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 12

Interesting to see how Plusnet reply to this feedback , especially the lack of communication which seams to be a regular occurrence of late .

Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
MauriceC
Resting Legend
Fixes: 17

I've added post #22 to a pool of information for review on provisioning problems.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

- Communication at all levels

I'm very sorry for the poor communication, unfortunately this wasn't as good as it should have been for you. There are a number of factors but I don't want to seem like I'm providing excuses, the communication you received from us simply wasn't good enough.

- Engagement regarding the 'new line' process

When the line is classed as a 'new site' I'm afraid the standard timescales aren't really applicable. This is because of the additional work to ensure there is a physical line running back to the cabinet/exchange, including all line plant, routing etc and depending on the status of the build, planning permissions required and complexity of the work involved can vary from a few days to several months (and sometimes longer).

- Lack of accountability for seemingly everyone involved in their customer service team

We do review samples of everyone's work and these are reviewed, with the reviews passed on to their line managers and the management teams. We wouldn't share these reviews publicly.

- Where did my call from a manager go?

I can see this was requested but wasn't followed through using the correct process, I'm very sorry about this and will ensure I pass feedback on regarding it.

- What feedback has been provided back to BTO?

I'm afraid I wouldn't provide details of feedback between ourselves and Openreach, our management teams do have service reviews with them though.

- No sign of any kind of 'good will' by PN.

I've created a support ticket on your account regarding that here: https://www.plus.net/wizard/?p=view_question&id=159911793

- Ability to contact the new line team directly rather than spending 30 minutes+ every time you wish to get in touch, because they don't call back.

Unfortunately having direct numbers wouldn't alter the call queues, it would simply mean they are the same but on a different number to contact each team.

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.