cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Submitting a ticket method gone?

Splooshy
Hooked

Submitting a ticket method gone?

I've looked all over the place, searched Help and Support, clicked links...and the closest i got was *ask Jess a question* (she didn't know the bloody answer just sent me to another lot of links  Roll_eyes ), and the question wasn't even there! So my result of running all around the site looking where to post my ticket just ended up with "contact us by phoning.."
Pfffttttt what??? Not being funny, but i'm on the blummin phone all day at work. Why ohh why Plusnet would you want to make me be on the phone again (quite possibly for a very long time) just to tell you that the power button on my Technicolor router won't stay in?? Due to the design a lacky band is not that functional without a bit of sellotape to help it out keeping the button in. It's only just barely hanging in there keeping me going.  And i don't know if the router has got an allergic reaction to latex but it's not performing like it used to. It seems to be constantly resetting. I click a link to load a page and get a *webpage not available* (or something like that..i've slept since yesterday) and then in the next breath (or a couple of retry clicks *plink* the page is there and loaded. The router is also kicking up a stink letting my upstairs computer use it. I have the wifi... it shows i'm connected...but when i open up my browser *Connecting...resolving host* and nope! I have to go and unplug the router for a minute or so, start it back up and then it lets me load as normal. Never ever had problems with it before and nothing has changed.
Oh, and it does NOT like letting me log into the router. I get the *Server is available but not responding* and it's apparently not accepting any connections on port 80. And nothing to do with my firewall.
So please....do i really have to stay on the phone waiting to get through for god knows how long....to relay the above??? Is there not a link you can click to request a new router etc due to becoming faulty & kerknackered?Huh
34 REPLIES 34
St3
Aspiring Champion
Fixes: 5

Re: Submitting a ticket method gone?

i totally understand, there was an option to raise a ticket but again i cant see it anymore myself........ why do they make it hard to raise a ticket ? Most of the stuff on the help pages are just tutorials.
runhare
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

Hi Splooshy,
Tickets are not encouarged any more though they do still exist within PN's system so you can follow progress with faults and add details ! PN say they achieve superior customer satisfaction by using the Chat and phone methods for reporting, but you can't riase one in the way you may have been used to. You now have to follow the approriate troubleshooter.
However to save you some time trying to get in touch with support via Chat or phone & futile looking for the way to raise a ticket and so forth, consider this:
If your router is more than a year old PN are under no obligation to to replace it if it develops a fault: They might but it my experience it will be a hassle. If you agree to take out a new contract and upgarde they may supply a new router. But the PN routers are not fantastic and to save yourself time and grief why not buy one from the high street or on line? A well known auction site should have plenty of suitable models for sale.
Which model router do you have? If you need more advice then post back here .
GPS
Splooshy
Hooked

Hey guys
I've been with PN since Oct 2013 and this is the first time i've had to pop on the site in years. Only ever had to submit a ticket once before so i'm a bit peeved to find that now you have to phone. Being at work all day which involves being on the phone a lot, the last thing anybody wants to do is get home and get on the phone again. Plus the irony that it's an internet provider for people to use the internet for their needs...and you have to PHONE them  ::). Out of curiosity is the customer support UK based or outsourced abroad?
Thanks for the tip about the hassle and no obligation to replace it gpsmout. I used to be with Be* before i hopped over to PN and i'm sure i've still got the Technicolour router from them tucked away somewhere, but think i may have a look at what nice new spanky ones there are. The only thing that bothers me about using a different router is sorting the settings for it. I'll admit, since PN's router was all nicely set up ready to plug in and go, i've got pretty rusty with setting up routers since the days back at Be*. A girl's got better things to do like online shopping Wink lol
Sooo...as PN's router was all set up already. I've noted down the primary and secondary DNS servers info they gave in my account section. Can you remind me of where to get and what else i will need to set up a new router please gpsmout? I need to iron out a few brain wrinkles here.

Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

FYI you don't have to phone, there's also a live chat service now.
If you visit https://www.plus.net/home-broadband/contact/ and choose what your issue is about, it'll give you the option of Live Chat. It's worth noting that if you use an ad-blocker it may stop live chat working, so you'll need to add an exception.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
bhaltair

yes there is the live chat option which I resorted to using today after first phoning and being informed there was a 15 minute queue.  I had a 20 minute wait on the chat system before someone answered and even then they were unable to answer my questions. The ticket system is still active if you make a complaint but there is no logical way to review open tickets from My Account.
amcclean
Rising Star

Chat system is not always able to help from experience. If you ask anything to tech they ask you to raise a fault.
The old ticket system in my experience was far superior. I do think it's setup was it's downfall though in that in adding to a ticket it sent it to the back of the queue and probably created to many customers being frustrated with response times.
Gel
Aspiring Champion
Fixes: 29

rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 12

Podman , I agree old system was FAR superior and had less COMPLAINTS !!
Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
Splooshy
Hooked

Well, i've gone for the less hassle option of getting myself a nice spanky new router. Picking up the TP-Link Archer C2 wireless cable & fibre router later today.
I think i've got everything i need noted down for set up and found some useful set up steps to help avoid hiccups.
2 people have mentioned now about when my contract is up for renewal. I've never heard anything about renewing my contract? I just joined and have been merrily surfing away ever since and paying my dues every month as you do.
Touch wood i've not had any reason to look elsewhere. (really shouldn't open mouth too soon...bite & arse  Grin )
Splooshy
Hooked

oops...they censor the word arris  Roll_eyes
anniesboy
Rising Star

I recently rang COT recontacted for 18 months, got a Hub 1 for cost of P&P ,plus a deal on monthly payment.
Charles101
Grafter

I've had a line fault, couldn't find a way to raise a ticket. Took me 30min waiting on the phone before it was answered, not good service. They did a line test and yes I have a line problem and sent an email to arrange an engineer asking what times. Responded to the email only to have it come back some time latter, next day, saying that email address isn't monitored. So trying to notify about engineer times lost another day.
Mobile message and email and online all give complete run-round that doesn't allow any actually communication. It's now either phone, long wait, or its webchat again long wait. NOT good service, though I did get through to help on the phone who also didn't know their was no longer a ticket system.
Anon
Pro

You can raise a ticket this way
Go to http://www.plus.net/support/service/policies/complaints_code_of_practice.shtml
read Help Assistant and click on "in writing, click here" it will take you to where you can raise a ticket or read your tickets and any answers that Plus Net have deigned to give.
Whatever happens always remember "We will do you
.........................proud" say Pnet.
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Please note, that's not a support ticket, that's a complaint which is staffed by the complaints team. So technical issues, faults etc are best asked via Live Chat or calling in.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.