Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Submitting a ticket method gone?

runhare
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

Re: Submitting a ticket method gone?

A couple of points:
1. Waiting times on PN phones do seem to have increased a lot , but I would say they are no longer than any other company's customer service: bank, insurance. electricity, water, other ISP's . Its a fact of life that if you phone a  company for customer support you will wait a long time, 10, 20,  30 minutes is not untypical and is to be excepcted especially at peak time . So I can't really see why so many people seem to get so hot under the collar about waiting!
2. Splosshy, PN don't tell you when your contract is due/ you need to check your account.
3.to avoid getting stuck with new router log into your account first and go to the Connection Settings page:

Its all there:
this is mine for instance

• Connection settings for manual connection
    Always on broadband xDSL
    Dial-up access (BT Line)   N/A
    Dial-up access (non-BT Line)   0845 1400101
    Login name   xxxxxxxxxxxxxx@plusdsl.net
    Password   ********
    Authentication Method   CHAP
    Server type   PPP
    IP Address   Server assigned
    Local Rate Dialup
    Dial-up access (BT Line)   1470, 0845 1400101
    Login name   xxxxxxxxxxxx
    Password   ********
    Authentication Method   PAP or CHAP
    Server type   PPP
    Other settings for manual connection
    Primary DNS Server   212.159.13.49
    Secondary DNS Server   212.159.13.50
    Optional tertiary DNS server   212.159.6.9
    POP3 (incoming mail) Server   mail.plus.net
    POP3 login name   xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    POP3 password   ********
    IMAP Server   imap.plus.net
    SMTP (outgoing mail) Server   relay.plus.net
    Your email address   yourname@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx.plus.com
    News Server usenet.plus.net
    NTP Server ntp.plus.net

if you do get stcuk I would phone in and cross your fingers that the wait is not too long!
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Quote from: Chris
Please note, that's not a support ticket, that's a complaint which is staffed by the complaints team. So technical issues, faults etc are best asked via Live Chat or calling in.

Cough cough. And what's wrong with http://faults.plus.net/ for Broadband faults or  the Phone Trouibleshooter for phone faults ?
Quote from: podman
.......I do think it's setup was it's downfall though in that in adding to a ticket it sent it to the back of the queue and probably created to many customers being frustrated with response times.

That was Fixed BEFORE they got rid of the ticket system for general matters.
Quote from: Charles101
........Mobile message and email and online all give complete run-round that doesn't allow any actually communication.

They should have given you a link which would have taken you to the ticket that was raised for your fault!
The Trouble shooters do raise tickets, and you can do so for limited other matters. See the links in my sig for how to get there.
And you may all care to see http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,138400.0.html
Splooshy
Hooked

Quote from: gpsmout
A couple of points:
1. Waiting times on PN phones do seem to have increased a lot , but I would say they are no longer than any other company's customer service: bank, insurance. electricity, water, other ISP's . Its a fact of life that if you phone a  company for customer support you will wait a long time, 10, 20,  30 minutes is not untypical and is to be excepcted especially at peak time . So I can't really see why so many people seem to get so hot under the collar about waiting!
2. Splosshy, PN don't tell you when your contract is due/ you need to check your account.
3.to avoid getting stuck with new router log into your account first and go to the Connection Settings page:

Its all there:
this is mine for instance

• Connection settings for manual connection
    Always on broadband xDSL
    Dial-up access (BT Line)   N/A
    Login name   xxxxxxxxxxxxxx@plusdsl.net
    Password   ********
    Authentication Method   CHAP
    Server type   PPP
    Local Rate Dialup
    Dial-up access (BT Line)   1470, 0845 1400101
    Login name   xxxxxxxxxxxx
    Password   ********
    Authentication Method   PAP or CHAP
    Server type   PPP
    Other settings for manual connection
    Primary DNS Server   212.159.13.49
    Secondary DNS Server   212.159.13.50
    Optional tertiary DNS server   212.159.6.9
    POP3 (incoming mail) Server   mail.plus.net
    POP3 login name   xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    POP3 password   ********
    IMAP Server   imap.plus.net
    SMTP (outgoing mail) Server   relay.plus.net
    Your email address   yourname@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx.plus.com
    News Server usenet.plus.net
    NTP Server ntp.plus.net

if you do get stcuk I would phone in and cross your fingers that the wait is not too long!

Thanks gpsmout  ;). I'd noted down my settings in my account, but when it came to setting up the router bahhh!!!! Had to put it back in the box after a couple of hours before i chucked my upstairs pute out the window!! Got wifi okay but wasn't playing ball with the internet >:(. Got some helpful steps from a post on Amazon from someone who'd bought one, and whadda ya know. I just did it auto detect with no input DNS/ip etc and it worked! Hope i can say the same after i've shut it down and start up again tomorrow lol
Anotherone....i hit the poll vote the other day when i was searching round the forum for clues. I'd like to have the ticket system back and combine it with the chat option for ppl too.
Anotherone
Champion

@Splooshy
I've noticed a lot of replies here that aren't actually helping you achieve what you need. Let's start at the beginning again. Is it the Plusnet TG582N that you are suffering a problem with?
Are you able to log in and get the stats for example - use the link in my sig.
Are you having a problem with all websites or just some or is it random?
Anotherone
Champion

As far as the power button goes, try folding a piece of paper a few times and wedge it between the button and the case, but perhaps leave that until daytime tomorrow, don't really want the risk of more disconnects today if you've already had a few.
Anon
Pro

Please note, that's not a support ticket, that's a complaint which is staffed by the complaints team. So technical issues, faults etc are best asked via Live Chat or calling in.

If you louse up the ticket system expect folks to ABUSE THE BITS YOU HAVE LEFT BEHIND.
Raise the issues as complaints, you have not had them solved.
Whatever happens always remember "We will do you
.........................proud" say Pnet.
runhare
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

I just did it auto detect with no input DNS/ip etc and it worked! Hope i can say the same after i've shut it down and start up again tomorrow lol

With the majority of ADSL routers all you need is user name and password, no other details as auto detect will do it for you.
Why did you shut down the new router  after you got it up and running? I'd have left it on to give it time to settle down.
Splooshy
Hooked

Quote from: Anotherone
@Splooshy
I've noticed a lot of replies here that aren't actually helping you achieve what you need. Let's start at the beginning again. Is it the Plusnet TG582N that you are suffering a problem with?
Are you able to log in and get the stats for example - use the link in my sig.
Are you having a problem with all websites or just some or is it random?

Thanks Anotherone, but i've got it sorted now hun  ;). And yep, it was the Technicolour TG582N that i had the problem with. When i had a look round the forum for answers saw there was a possible problem with a firmware update and a PN staff member telnetting members who had the problem in the thread posting. But, my power button was kernackerd anyway, lacky band, piece of tape (and yes Anotherone a piece if folded cardboard lol) to help keep it in. Anotherone...you hadn't by anychance had the same power button problem eh?? ;D.
Quote from: gpsmout
I just did it auto detect with no input DNS/ip etc and it worked! Hope i can say the same after i've shut it down and start up again tomorrow lol

With the majority of ADSL routers all you need is user name and password, no other details as auto detect will do it for you.
Why did you shut down the new router  after you got it up and running? I'd have left it on to give it time to settle down.

Well, i started off inputting it was PPoe setting etc from my PN account settings (never been hooked up to a hub before so thought it the best way to go about it..Plus...this being a Cable & fibre router and not ADSL as i'm used to)...turned out, inputting PN settings..Gateway...DHCP's blah blah...i got the wifi sorted but no internet. Then i read a post on Amazon to start by doing Auto detect, which i did, and success!! The post did also state though, that you think you are all sorted...but not quite. It said that because you'd have the hub AND the router on the go, there would be 2 different DCHP's, and you should only have 1. So that's why i was expecting to turn it on today and have to mess about again.
The router was running for a couple of hours after i'd got it sorted, but i ALWAYS turn it off when we go bed and when leave the house. No way will i leave anything on that could possibly cook my family or my dogs. Or me for that matter  Grin
St3
Aspiring Champion
Fixes: 5

live chat is ok but the old way was just as good... support tickets can be added anytime of the day/night but live chat aint 24/7 Tongue
Anon
Pro

And I got wrong answers on live chat twice.
Whatever happens always remember "We will do you
.........................proud" say Pnet.
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

The people that answer live chat are the same people that answer tickets, so if the answer wasn't correct it's likely it would still have been incorrect on a ticket.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
alanf
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

I would have thought that with a ticket there would be more opportunity to consult or to pass an issue to a colleague with greater expertise in a particular subject. This cannot be conveniently done while a customer is hanging on for a phone or chat response.
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

The team I'm on sits near the chat teams and it's not uncommon for advisors to ask us, or other members of chat teams for advice on things, in order to provide the best response.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
Anotherone
Champion

The people that answer live chat are the same people that answer tickets, so if the answer wasn't correct it's likely it would still have been incorrect on a ticket.

Now you don't really want me comment on some of the ticket responses that people have sent to me Crazy
Anotherone
Champion

Quote from: Splooshy
Thanks Anotherone, but i've got it sorted now hun  ;). And yep, it was the Technicolour TG582N that i had the problem with. When i had a look round the forum for answers saw there was a possible problem with a firmware update and a PN staff member telnetting members who had the problem in the thread posting. But, my power button was kernackerd anyway, lacky band, piece of tape (and yes Anotherone a piece if folded cardboard lol) to help keep it in. Anotherone...you hadn't by anychance had the same power button problem eh?? ;D.

Ha, no issues with the power button at all Wink - on the rare occasion I wanted it turned off, it was pull the power plug as I would not want the PSU to be live. Wireless, well a  different matter, switched that on/off as required. Other than that my TG582n has behaved perfectly with the exception of the buggy firmware which has required some manual (generally simple) fixes as required. I did wonder if you had the Spoofing issue which was why I asked the last question in my previous post. Glad you seem to be sorted, but of course post back if you have any other problems.