cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Still waiting..

hpaul86

Still waiting..

I had an activation and installation date of thurs last week (31st). The engineer came but couldnt install my fibre broadband as there is no active phone line to my house. Even though ive had a phone line before thiugh not in the last year. He said he would refer it back to you (plusnet) and an engineer would be sent out to sort the line problem so my fibre broadband can be installed. Its been a week and I've heard nothing. I've tried calling but am kept waiting for a long time and it costs a lot on my mobile.  Im not sure this is posted in the correct place but im disappointed that ive heard nothing but a standard email asking me to fill in a survey now my order is complete which it is not!  Not the best service so far...
4 REPLIES 4
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Still waiting..

Hi there,
Really sorry about the issues with this, I've checked the order and another engineer is due to visit on the 13th (next Wednesday) between 08:00 and 13:00.
I hope that's convenient, please let us know if it needs to be rearranged for some reason.
I've tried calling but am kept waiting for a long time and it costs a lot on my mobile

Sorry for the long wait, just to mention, if you need to call from your mobile again I'd advise calling 0345 1400 200. Calls to that number are charged the same as a mobile to landline call.
Adam
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 159

Quote from: hpaul86
The engineer came but couldnt install my fibre broadband as there is no active phone line to my house.

Adam,
Process... just how could this happen?  Was this a SIM order or has the BTW ordering system allowed an order to be placed on a dead line?  Surely somewhere in the ordering / planning process someone or something should have checked that there was a working line at the premises?
Something to be added to PN's provisioning improvement plan?
Cheers,
Kevin

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Something to be added to PN's provisioning improvement plan?

No, I've broached this more specifically with the OP via ticket as it seems to be an issue with our suppliers that we need to feed back to them on as the line had actually been activated before the fibre install took place.
Adam
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 159

Adam,
Thank you for the amplification - all was actually OK, however for some unknown reason  Shocked  BTOR engineer thought there was a problem where there was not!
As if your job is not already hard enough BTOR drops another hammer on your foot!  I hope someone "upstairs" is taking BTOR apart for such behaviour?
Cheers,
Kevin

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.