cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blamed for Plusnet getting my package wrong!!..Disgusting behaviour..

Masterflash
Dabbler

Blamed for Plusnet getting my package wrong!!..Disgusting behaviour..

Four days have now gone by and my ticket has been acknowledged, (hence the text to say it's been read) and still nothing, I have copied and pasted the question below. It basically has to do with a cock-up from day one which was the 30th September 2013 where I began the transition to Plusnet from my old ISP, (I'm missing them already) where an error was made by "Simplyfy Digital", the third party sales staff member who was no doubt worried more about his commission than listening properly to what I was looking for in an ISP and appropriate package. When I was finally brought into the Plusnet fold I had the utmost attention placed upon me and promises of the error being just a formality and all would be well. This impressed me and my feelings of removing myself from from my old ISP were becoming justified!
I was on a business package before so why would I want a residential package now, Plusnet said they understood this and would handle the error. My old ISP didn't have a phone package that suited me so I was open to a good sturdy ISP to take it's place and of course the cost was an issue also. To add insult to injury I have been monitoring my speeds with speedtest.net and BTW since the uptake of my package,(albeit the wrong one) and I was achieving from 15th October 2013-4 November 2013 around 52-53 Mb down and 13-14 Mb up, my line according to BT is capable of speeds of 55.7 Mbps down and 20 Mbps up my actual Plusnet estimated speeds should be +/- 1 Mb.
Phone exchange:
   CHESTER CENTRAL
Estimated line speed:
   57Mb (Download speed could vary depending on line conditions. Estimates are the maximum speeds that your phone line can support. These speeds are dependent on the package you choose.) - Checked on 2013-10-17 22:51:27
Current line speed:
   55.8 Mb  
At the moment I'm just about getting 38 Mbps down and 12.93 up..not acceptable in the least..it works out at a deficit of 17.48 down speed Mbps loss...possibly a package for someone paying for this with me doing the paying!!  there are plenty of tickets available on my account to be read...I have entered the latest below, where [color=red][removed]
points out to me that I shouldn't be on the residential package and then goes on to quote me the "acceptable usage policy" dear oh dear god deliver us...namely me with my MAC code!!  SEE Below my last unanswered ticket where all others had been quick responses leading me to believe something was being done!!!..."OK chaps and chapess'es, we've bagged this mug let's move on to the next..Christmas is coming"..sorry but that's how I feel at the moment.
Question #76725138 - Your Feedback
@[color=red][removed]
please read my questions before you patronisingly quote the "acceptable usage policy" to me regarding me being on a residential package rather than a business one, that's down to you guys...read on.
I have been trying since the 9th of October, (Well before I was due to go live on the 15th of October 2013) to secure a Business package, it has been pushed from pillar to post ever since and tickets have been closed as completed when they haven't been dealt with...NO FOLLOW UP...LACK OF COMMUNICATION..!!!
I have entered the questions on an attachment save having to go through them all for you, (however the file may be too big)... (Edit: - 6/11/2013 the file uploaded no problem). I explained to [removed] way back on the 9th of October what needed to be done and he said he was going to follow it and sort it all out; the phone call about this never came!
I wrote question mails to you stating that I wanted and was promised a Business package consisting of an (up to) unlimited 76Mb speed, and phone line included (on an agreed monthly Tariff, this was OK'd by [removed] after he had spoken to his manager), you can follow the rest through the "My Questions" section and please read all of them!!
The unwanted package I'm on at the moment is Plusnet, (should be business) unlimited 76Mb with home phone anytime, with a static IP, (static IP was paid for, business is free) and three call features: - call waiting, caller display and call divert. I need all of these mentioned but on a business package for the period agreed by [removed], The contract is incorrectly due to finish on 14th April 2015, (2 Years) and not 18 months as confirmed in another Question ticket,
I have a busy business to run and I can really do without this, I'm only asking for the said package you have available to commence like it should have done almost a month ago and many correspondences later. If you find that you can't complete my request, please tell me straight away so I can make alternative arrangements, if all can be rectified as from the acting upon this reply, my loyalty is assured.
You have all my contact details...get back to me if you will with positive news of the outcome of this letter to whoever handles it...Don’t let it drag on please and go from colleague to colleague and department to department for weeks on end...I am telling myself that it is just a small error that needs putting right straight away, your handling and Customer Service regarding this error will make my mind up as to where I go from here.
I await your speedy rectification, positive reply and action ASAP.
Regards
Mark S Holding (Stuteley)          NOT GOOD ENOUGH PLUSNET..YOU'VE DONE ME BUT NOT PROUD
[Moderator's note by Jim (Oldjim): CSA name removed as per the forum rules.]
20 REPLIES 20
Masterflash
Dabbler

Re: Blamed for Plusnet getting my package wrong!!..Discusting behaviour..

Excuse me Jim I should have removed the names..I apologise.
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: Blamed for Plusnet getting my package wrong!!..Disgusting behaviour..

No problem - just took a bit of time
Two things which need checking in relation to your speedtests
- are they wired or wireless and if wired can you check wired
- can you run the BT speed test http://speedtest.btwholesale.com/ ; followed by further diagnostics and report the result
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 159

Have you tried phoning the Business Sales number telling them you want your residential account changing to a business account?
You might get a different level of response from the business team...

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

AndyH
Grafter

Quote from: Masterflash
The contract is incorrectly due to finish on 14th April 2015, (2 Years) and not 18 months as confirmed in another Question ticket,

Surely if you went live in Oct this year, 18 months takes you to April 2015?
Masterflash
Dabbler

Yes pardon me Andy you're quite right, however it's still not the agreed package..Thank you for your input.
jim:quote
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

Hi Masterflash,
I've read through your post and I'm absolutely gutted and really sorry for the error on our part with this. I deal with our Business Customers generally within office hours on the Community Forums and I will get this sorted out for you. I'm just going to pop over to the Business Team to discuss this with the Team Leaders to put together a plan of action to rectify your account type and to get the connection looked at as well.
The last thing you need, whilst trying to run a business, is an issue which should and I believe could have been avoided which is taking up so much of your time. I'll pop you a post once I've had a word and we will give you a ring to get the necessary rectified for you. This really isn't the level of service that we aim to provide and I will do everything I can to ensure your faith is restored.
Masterflash
Dabbler

Thank you very much Chris..I was beginning to think I was going to have major problems getting this sorted out and no one would get to the bottom of it for me without reading the all important posts that lead up to where I am now. I'm in business and consider myself to be fair..and just like plusnet I too could be heavily criticized and have done on the odd occasion by Tripadvisor and the like, (I own a Hotel) but like you guys if I don't put it right I get my butt kicked and people are wary about staying with us..any how I digress thanks again for your support up to now.
Mark
jim:quote
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

Mark,
I've had a chat with the Team Leaders as promised and we're arranging for one of the guys on the Sales Team to give you a call within the hour. I'd like to make a few points clear for you:

• You will receive Business Support moving forward
- You can call them on 0800 731 7516 and support will be given

• Your account will be moved over to a Business Package (the one you chose originally) and your contract will be changed to match the contract you agreed to

- One of the Sales guys will discuss this with you shortly

• If you have had to pay for a Static IP address, this will be refunded as this is included on the Business Product

• We will of course get your Call Features changed as agreed with my colleague (again this will be discussed with my colleague on the phone shortly

• Once we get the account changed over, we'll have the Business Faults Team investigate the problem with the speed of your Fibre Service

Please let me know if there is anything I've missed as I can always pop through to the Sales Manager (Danny) if required, however, you should be receiving a call within the hour to resolve this for you.
Edit: Changed the layout to make it easier to read the list
Masterflash
Dabbler

I'm not having a good day here at the moment with Forum rules..Jim again excuse me, totally unintentional.
Mark
Please see my current BTW "more information" results for my line speeds around 30 minutes ago.
Masterflash
Dabbler

Chris again thank you, I'll pop back when everything has been successfully sorted out as I don't want to be a forum pest..I've read some folks posts and I'm embarrassed by a few of their comments!
Mark 
picbits
Rising Star

As far as I can tell, you've been pretty patient, factual and polite on here and compared to some of the other members that come on with some serious attitude and rudeness you are quite a reasonable poster Smiley
As above though - for your speed issues, are you connecting directly to the router with an Ethernet cable or using wireless ?
Masterflash
Dabbler

Thanks picbits I pride myself on being cool, calm, polite and courteous..until I get angry.. Wink shouting and ranting often achieves nothing..I won't take BS though, sorry the answer to your question..I am using the plusnet router directly wired to my PC. Just to save a little time here, my speeds have been fairly consistent for the last few weeks but now they're all over the place since around the 4th of November until now ..not good when I offer my guests free WIFI which I might add has always been good as I've had Fibre for a while now.
Mark
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

No need to apologise to Jim - but it does make a change from some of the rabble we get. It's a common mistake made on here (it's only when people keep doing the same thing it gets irritating!).
What does https://portal.plus.net/my.html?action=data_transfer_speed say for your current line speed?
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Quote from: Masterflash
my speeds have been fairly consistent for the last few weeks but now they're all over the place since around the 4th of November until now ..

Two things:
1. It may be that more users have been added to the cabinet and it is that that is causing issues.
2. Can you be sure no-one else was using the internet on your connection when you ran the test?
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)