cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Still waiting for them to "do me proud" - is it just me?

rgbargie
Hooked

Still waiting for them to "do me proud" - is it just me?

My previous phone/broadband company, TalkTalk, were unable to provide me with a fibre service so I decided to switch to PN and placed my order on 17 October. I received the necessary assurances that the switch would be relatively seamless: has it heck.

It is now 5 December and, although I did get my phone switched on 25 November, I seem to be no closer to getting my broadband up and running. My Talk Talk service ceased on 24 November and since I have been without internet access (other than through the kindness of my neighbour).  In the intervening period I have had just about every excuse going:-

It wasn't built properly into Plusnet systems

Orders have been cancelled

PN still had to give my old supplier statutory notice (when they had already been informed and they had advised me accordingly)

It was Talk Talk's fault as they hadn't been notified of my leaving (totally untrue, in fairness to Talk Talk they kept me informed at every stage).

The order had been duplicated and had to be cancelled and resubmitted

It was built into Openreach's system incorrectly

It was a problem of simultaneous phone and broadband orders

It was stuck in Openreach's system

The order failed because of (unspecified) "system issues"

......and on and on and on it goes.

For a company that allegedly prides itself on service to customers, I have to say that I have been gravely disappointed with the (lack) of service I have received to date. I can accept that some of these may occur on occasions but for them to happen repeatedly is beginning to make me become paranoid. My patience is wearing very thin.

I find it difficult to believe that every transfer of service experiences such a cluster of problems. It is almost as though it is the first time PN and Openreach have ever dealt with one another. Am I just unlucky or perhaps naive in expecting that the service transfer would go as smoothly as I was led to believe?

I still have not had an adequate explanation as to why this order should have experienced such a succession of problems and 'muck-ups'. Has anyone else experienced these problems?

Please, tell me that there is light at the end of what appears to be an endless tunnel.

17 REPLIES 17
rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 12

Re: Still waiting for them to "do me proud" - is it just me?

Unfortunately this is becoming a regular occurrence, with a outdated system.
Fair enough PN will come and say Sorry and it only happens a few times. , But seriously it shouldn't happen at all !!!!!
Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
philsussex
Hooked

I don't think you are alone, we changed on basic broadband from Talk Talk to plusnet at the end of October and connection has been dropping out ever since. You get conflicting reasons from different staff. Promises to arrange engineer call out don't materialize, promised call backs not made. questions/ calls with faults closed off when they are not resolved. The service levels are certainly not what is advertised or what you should expect from a communications company. One operative told me when I asked what happens next "if we can't fix it we'll terminate the contract and you can go elsewhere"!!!! that's really looking after the customer.

I can't believe that after 36 days the problem isn't solved. Lots of sympathy, but no idea what the answer is.

I took out a phonecall plan with inclusive calls, which is just as well as I spend an hour a day on the phone to PlusNet!

Hopefully a customer service manager will read this might take interest in the case

Mr_Ormerod
Grafter

Had exactly the same Sad

once it was connected though it was fine for 6 months, now it's unusable.

MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

This is so frustrating for us. Our orders keep getting stuck in our suppliers systems (same issue most times, possibly reworded a bit differently upon contacting us).

I'm really sorry for the issues. I'm just speaking with our provisioning guys to see where we're at with this existing order, and a colleague will call you shortly.

I'll also update the thread today.

Matty

ex-Plusnet staffer. Any posts after 28/07/2017 aren't on behalf of Plusnet
rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 12

@MattyC surely something can be done to negate this ERROR ?Huh

Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

When placing an order, there's several systems that interact with each other and the actions of one can affect the behaviour of another. When the records are incorrect on one (or more) of these systems, a "bridge case" is raised to get the records corrected. So in Layman's terms I suppose we could say it's a clerical issue stopping us from getting OP online.

In OP's situation, we seem to be going through protracted bridge cases to resolve problems, and then being asked to replace the order leading to the same problem. This is causing much frustration for ourselves as well as OP.

During this, we are going through BT Wholesale's escalation paths as according, and they are offering a free pricey expedite due to admittance of their errors. However, this is no good as the order isn't being accepted on the system in the first place. We're still chasing and I'm in touch with our provisioning team to determine the next step.

@rgbargie - I believe my colleague has tried calling you, she ended up leaving a voicemail.

Matty

rgbargie
Hooked

What is going on at PN, this is a ridiculous situation when a company is unable to place orders within it's own systems, particular with a supplier who, presumably, is part of the same parent company. Thanks at least to @MattyC at least tendering some form of real explanation, which had not previously been forthcoming.

I did receive a text message yesterday stating that my service was expected to be up and running by midnight on 13 December, but don't appear to have received any call or voicemail regarding this. I did receive a number of PN support emails yesterday updating my open question, but none of these mentioned the 13th as a start date so I am not optimistic. Instead they make the usual references to resubmitted orders and escalation procedures, but we have been down this route before.

At best a start on or around the 13th would still mean I have been without any broadband service for 3 weeks which could, presumably, have been avoided if PN had acknowledged these shortcomings and had better communicated with my previous service provider.

MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Actually, the status of your order now looks encouraging.

It was accepted by our suppliers yesterday at about 4:30 for the very first time. We now have a committed date (hence the message you received). Now to chase the promised expedite. It'd be nice if we could get you a broadband connection before the end of this week, which is possible depending on how quickly we receive a response from BT Wholesale. 

Matty

MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Me again.

Mind checking whether or not you can get online when you next get the chance?

Matty

rgbargie
Hooked

The dark days are over. When I got in last night I managed to get a message saying my service was up and running (albeit by email which strictly speaking I couldn't access as I had no internet). I set up my router later in the evening and, hey presto, I am back on line. @MattyC if you were in any way instrumental in this, you are a star amongst men, succeeding where others had struggled.

Just one issue though speeds, while improved from a very low base line and still way below the promised fibre speeds (Ping 32ms, Download 1.95mbps, upload 0.70mbps). I know a new service needs to pick up speed but what should I be experiencing 24 hours in?

Many thanks anyway

MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Glad you've got something to be going with, but this is by no means sorted in my opinion. I've updated this ticket for you, and will continue to do so.

Matty

Mr_Ormerod
Grafter

Sounds like progress, ISP's usually say give it 48 hours to "embed" or "settle" or <insert excuse word> but yeah the line will need to stabilise, does seem very low though, but low is better than nothing!

Glad you're getting somewhere.

rgbargie
Hooked

.".....does seem very low though, but low is better than nothing!"
Not when I ordered and I am paying for fibre service. Still only getting c. 2mbps download.
Mr_Ormerod
Grafter

Very true, and trust me I share your feelings.