Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow Speeds and Other Issues

Excalibre68
Rising Star

Slow Speeds and Other Issues

Hi All,

Just happened on a post from Underground ISP Inside Informer:-

Interesting read about how PlusNet and others have been for months suffering from major network congestion which is why PlusNet expanded their network earlier last month but all that achieved only exacerbated the issues and according to reports are secretly capping some of their 80Mbs packages to alleviate the problem because local FTTC cabs are running over and above recommended specs.

The simple truth is too many people are being connected to FTTC cab nodes which is saturating the network and causing congestion and PlusNets quick fix is to screw a few people over by capping their 80Mbs package to around the 50Mbs Band without telling them and still charging it's customers for the 80Mbs package.

Another post also confirmed PlusNets Traffic Shaping was poorly implemented and causes more problems than it solves.

Interesting Read.

PS. I can't post a link to the above info because PlusNet mods would remove this post.

Happy slow slow slow surfing people lolCrazy3

Asus Rampage V Extreme X99 , Intel i7 5960X @ 4.7Ghz , 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3200Mhz
Corsair Dual Loop Liquid Cooling , 480Gb Samsung EVO 850 HDD , WD 2Tb Hybrid HDD
EVGA 980Ti Classified , Creative Recon 3D Sound , Corsair HX1200i PSU
Logitech Z5500 5.1 Sound System , Corsair Graphite 760T Case
41 REPLIES 41
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Re: Slow Speeds and Other Issues

I'd be very surprised if the moderators removed the link! If they did it would just be to remove the link and not delete the post.

jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Excalibre68 - What makes you think they'd remove the link, they don't work for PN. Even then you could provide enough information to allow interested user actually find the article for themselves.

JHunter
Dabbler

Any hints at what might be used for a fruitful Google search?

198kHz
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 41

Plusnet might fairly be accused of many things, but censoring the forum isn't one of them.

Murphy was an optimist
Zen FTTC 40/10 + Digital Voice   FRITZ!Box 7530
BT technician (Retired)
rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 12

PN will obviously Deny everything Evil

Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
JHunter
Dabbler

That's not true!

They'll say BT Openreach hacked into the board and deleted the link and that they are doing nothing to investigate the issue.

Excalibre68
Rising Star

Hi Guys and Girls,

I'm Trying to find the link for the original post I found on IRC and will indeed post it here ASAP.

Guess what ! I had my post shelved yet again under feedback clearly showing you peps that mods here clearly do work for PN and don't want this post at the top of their Fibre forum.

This post is information on their Fibre Broadband Problems and should rightfully have been left under Fibre Broadband.

So if I do post the link don't be surprised if it gets canned the same way this post did and filed under Blocked PlusNet Employees Toilets.

Knuppel

Asus Rampage V Extreme X99 , Intel i7 5960X @ 4.7Ghz , 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3200Mhz
Corsair Dual Loop Liquid Cooling , 480Gb Samsung EVO 850 HDD , WD 2Tb Hybrid HDD
ocean2911

How can Which recommend Plusnet they are making Sky look professional 3x40 minute calls to hear same waffle 10 months and counting to leave them.

Excalibre68
Rising Star

I totally agree, I moved from Sky to PlusNet 16 months ago thinking "Great, no more foreign call centres or CS reps who's 1st language isn't English"

But guess what, even though I found it problematic with the language barrier at least they managed to fix any issues I had.

PlusNet just ignore you until your head explodes or you die from old age lol Buck2

Excalibre68
Rising Star

As promised link to blog below :-

http://theuii.co.uk

The Underground Inside Informer

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): Derogatory comment removed as per Forum rules

Martin4
Dabbler

@Excalibre68

If that was the case why would Plusnet recently have increased all the 40Mb/s customers to 52Mb/s? Doesn't make sense to me. 

dnpark38
Rising Star

Might not have been many of us as most will not get the 40 anyway.

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): Full quote of preceding post removed as per Forum rules

http://www.thinkbroadband.com/speedtest/button/1476198475230638155-mini.png
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 315

@Excalibre68 wrote:
Interesting read about how PlusNet and others have been for months suffering from major network congestion which is why PlusNet expanded their network earlier last month but all that achieved only exacerbated the issues...

The current packet loss issues that are being investigated are nothing to do with congestion. We've plenty of capacity to cater for demand.

... and according to reports are secretly capping some of their 80Mbs packages to alleviate the problem because local FTTC cabs are running over and above recommended specs.

Complete nonsense.

The simple truth is too many people are being connected to FTTC cab nodes which is saturating the network and causing congestion and PlusNets quick fix is to screw a few people over by capping their 80Mbs package to around the 50Mbs Band without telling them and still charging it's customers for the 80Mbs package.

As above.

Another post also confirmed PlusNets Traffic Shaping was poorly implemented and causes more problems than it solves.

If that's from the same source as the above two claims then I'd cast a huge veil of doubt over such accusations Wink

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 315

@Excalibre68 wrote:

As promised link to blog below :-

http://theuii.co.uk

The Underground Inside Informer