cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow Speeds and Other Issues

Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Slow Speeds and Other Issues

And add to that that all the 'news' is Plusnet related I detect an odour of urine as far as this site and its content goes.

dvorak
Fixes: 1,484

I've arranged for a truck load of salt to be delivered..
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
Excalibre68
Rising Star

Hey guys, don't shoot the messenger I just like reading lots of blogs and although a little extreme thought it was an interesting read, as for the domain being registered yesterday that happens all the time I've updated my domain 4 times this year and had two name changes, I'd also like to point out that considering PlusNet's total lack of help to me and the total lack of respect they've show me I'd be more inclined to believe the blog than any PN mod or staff here.

But that's just me Ticked_off

Let's face it they are not going to tell you the truth, hell even governments lie through their teeth.

You would have to be very naive if you believe everything PlusNet tell you.

Another thing is I found those topics today and read them at the original post sites.

I think that covers it.

By the way I am still waiting on an open case now for over two months ? Crazy3

Seeing as PlusNet are far to busy reading my post (case'n'point bobpullen) instead of fixing my problems lol Crazy2

Asus Rampage V Extreme X99 , Intel i7 5960X @ 4.7Ghz , 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3200Mhz
Corsair Dual Loop Liquid Cooling , 480Gb Samsung EVO 850 HDD , WD 2Tb Hybrid HDD
EVGA 980Ti Classified , Creative Recon 3D Sound , Corsair HX1200i PSU
Logitech Z5500 5.1 Sound System , Corsair Graphite 760T Case
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Just for reference the moderators on this forum are just customers and not Plusnet staff.

Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
Excalibre68
Rising Star

Pull the other one it's got bell's on lol Cheesy

" To believe everything one says - is to become a slave to society - Excalibre"

Moderator's note by Dick (Strat): Full quote of preceding post removed as per Forum rules

Asus Rampage V Extreme X99 , Intel i7 5960X @ 4.7Ghz , 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3200Mhz
Corsair Dual Loop Liquid Cooling , 480Gb Samsung EVO 850 HDD , WD 2Tb Hybrid HDD
dvorak
Fixes: 1,484

From the forum rules (which can be found at https://community.plus.net/t5/Community-Announcements/Forum-Rules/td-p/1167432  as you seem to missed them)

The forums are moderated by a team of customers; Adie (dvorak), Mike (Mav) and Dick (Strat). They volunteer their time freely and help to keep the forums a friendly and welcoming place for all.

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Excalibre68 wrote:
You would have to be very naive if you believe everything PlusNet tell you.
Another thing is I found those topics today and read them at the original post sites.

And equally naive if you believed any of the content posted on that site!

So what are the original sites you refer to? If you read them today they might still be in your browser's history.

Excalibre68
Rising Star

Um there is a thing called Google or Yahoo or Bing try using one for searching as the source is posted on the blog it took me a few seconds to find the original posts.

Also if I'm equally naive I guess you must be brain dead because the post on that blog come from very trusted sites.

i.e. ISPreview.co.uk have been a great source and wealth of information.

I would believe the news they post any day over the lack of news we get here.

Prime example :- http://www.ispreview.co.uk/index.php/2016/09/performance-woes-hamper-plusnet-users-new-network-takes...

Also might want to take a look here :- https://community.plus.net/t5/Fibre-Broadband/High-packet-loss-and-other-DNS-issues/td-p/1354749

If that isn't clear enough that PlusNet have total lack of respect for it's customers, I don't know what is

and from what I have been given to believe it is going to take months for it to be fixed.

dnpark38
Rising Star

@Excalibre68 wrote:

Prime example :- http://www.ispreview.co.uk/index.php/2016/09/performance-woes-hamper-plusnet-users-new-network-takes...

Thanks that is interesting.

" is necessary because the ISP has largely outgrown their old ‘Shared’ platform from BTWholesale and the new one will give them more control to manage their own bandwidth / routing etc."

Well wonder if PN can take control of my lower 31 Mb and raise it back to the 36 Mb?

http://www.thinkbroadband.com/speedtest/button/1476198475230638155-mini.png
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Excalibre68 - I've only just realised you replied to this thread, so firstly there is no need for the derogatory comments, these serve no purpose. As for the ISPreview story it has obviously been put together with the content of the very thread you cite and it doesn't say anything that has not been mentioned in the aforementioned thread.

I know Plusnet aren't perfect, no company or person but I hope this issue is resolved soon, as if it does take months as you think then Plusnet may well lose a lot of customers as a result.

Excalibre68
Rising Star

Hi Mook,

If you believe I have been derogatory to you in any way then I apologise, but looking back at the comments I really think you need to grow a thicker skin m8.

As for the ISPreview info I posted, that's all it is "info", same as if I picked up a newspaper article and handed it to a friend.

Best wishes.

Excalibre68

"The best things in life are free"

Strat
Community Veteran

Here's another ISPreview article

http://www.ispreview.co.uk/index.php/2016/07/isps-talktalk-sky-vodafone-launch-new-fix-britains-inte...

It's worth noting that Openreach are a monopoly (Virgin aside) and as such have no incentive to take notice of ISPs' complaints regarding lack of service.

They are the stick with which to beat Plusnet and other ISPs who use their network.

To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 12

As Openreach are a monopoly there is no incentive for them to improve Knuppel
They need a massive kick up their behinds
Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
Strat
Community Veteran

That is not in dispute but who is going to do it...not their tied in customers.

A regulatory body with teeth and guts is needed.

dnpark38
Rising Star

I would like to see Sky and the other ISPs using Virgin network as well as the Open Reach network.

http://www.thinkbroadband.com/speedtest/button/1476198475230638155-mini.png