cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Service or Insult?

saif1a
Dabbler

Service or Insult?

I contacted Plusnet on 22nd August complaining of very poor speed. The speed test was done very late in night during off peak traffic. Used ethernet cable from device to router and router connected through filter to main entry point socket. I was assured by [CSA Removed] that my speed profile was incorrectly set on 22nd Aug. Where before it was a lousy 5Mbit/s, it is now an appaling 2Mbit/s.
This is an unacceptable speed especially as I ordered a 17Mb service. I also live very close to the exchange so there is no real excuse on their part. l feel it would be helpful for other members to know of the extremely poor quality of service Plusnet are providing at present. It seems they are getting carried away with marketing blurb and raking in business but not delivering the goods. On top of that my experience suggests they are having a laugh whilst going about their business. Can anyone please advise what would be the best steps to take to correct this position?

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): CSA name removed as per Forum rules

5 REPLIES 5
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

Re: Service or Insult?

I'm struggling to locate your account through normal means.

Can you PM me your username?

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
saif1a
Dabbler

[removed] is username

Moderator's note by Dick (Strat) Username removed from a public forum.

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

Thanks for the username.

Whilst you did sign up to a 'Up to 17mbps' product we do provide you with a estimated speed range during sign up.

In your case this is 3Mbps to 8Mbps so your speeds are currently within your estimates.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
saif1a
Dabbler

I wonder if you read my first support point to Plusnet? In it I informed the CS advisor that the speed I was getting was too low and they replied they had bettered that and I should reboot the router to get the improvement. Your current answer in light of that answer actually sounds like an excuse? I undersstand you want to close this ticket as fast as possible but that's not very good customer service is it. I'm actually not after niceties, so no worries for you there. I just want value for my money and if I don't get it I will have to revise my direct debit to match the service quality I'm receiving.

Here is a copy of the earlier message from the CS advisor:

"Dear Mr SI,

Thank-you for your time today. 

As advised the speed profile on your account was incorrectly set, this has now been fixed and if you restart the router the speeds will be what we advised. 

Please do not hesitate to get back in touch online at http://contactus.plus.net or by phone on 0800 432 0200 if we can be of further assistance.

Kind regards,

RB"

saif1a
Dabbler

Since your earlier post I have also discovered that Ethernet port 2 of my Plusnet router is faulty. No DHCP signal appears when any device is plugged into it. Perhaps you can reconsider your canned like response and investigate further or send me a new router?

The reason for my cynicism by the way is that I have been with Plusnet before, but this current setup, from the outset is the worst service I've ever experienced from any service provider in my entire broadband experience.

TalkTalk CS is bad and their services and contract setups sinister, but their speeds are great. With Plusnet, I don't even get to have the full 7 days of contractual grace to feel satisfied with your service, because your line activation takes that full 7 days! So the Plusnet contract actually has some major legal flaws.