Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet - What's happened Recently?

FIXED
Blofeld
Grafter

Plusnet - What's happened Recently?

Reading through some of the recent posts on Plusnet Feedback, there seems to be an overwhelming amount of negative feedback.

I must admit on the whole my experience with Plusnet has been a positive one, in the early days moving from ADSL to VDSL I had major problems, but Plusnet really pulled out all the stops to get me connected and with a fast line. They went as far as to get the street box updated so a cleaner line was available, also at the end, when the problem was fixed and I was getting speeds of 70mb, they gave me a refund and a discount, so I couldn't have asked for more. However recently I have noticed a change, support tickets put in and no reply to name one, I wondered if there was any reason for this? Is it an increase in customer base and not enough staff to deal with that increase? It appears to me that the problems started when VDSL was rolled out on a more general basis, basically when you could get Fibre even if your street had copper wiring. On the whole I'm still happy with Plusnet, still advise friends to use them as the positives out way the negatives. I'm also keeping my fingers crossed that the customer support will improve and it's maybe just an internal glitch between the parent company BT and Plusnet.
3 REPLIES 3
geek26
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 2

Re: Plusnet - What's happened Recently?

Like all companies though you only tend to hear the negative comments because if people are happy they don't bother to post about it usually. However you still made a good point about ticket responce time and I'm sure plusnet will see your comment and reply in due course.

MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

Fix

Appreciate your point.

The resource to deal with tickets/calls at the moment is something that we're working on. It seems to come and go in waves (particularly in summer when there's a lot of annual leave). This past week, we've definitely taken further steps to cut the response times down.

ex-Plusnet staffer. Any posts after 28/07/2017 aren't on behalf of Plusnet
Blofeld
Grafter

I would agree with you, people on the whole don't post the good bits about a company on a forum, then again, people need to also have a place to vent their anger or frustration. Let's be honest there is nothing worse when you can't get a fault resolved or the fault is passed back and forth via different departments. So it's kinda normal that people will vent, then again, if I'm honest I've found the customer support with Plusnet, is far better than any of the ISPs I've been with in the past.