cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Searching for old ticket(s)

Mav
Fixes: 514

Searching for old ticket(s)

I have noticed that when searching for an old support ticket it can be difficult to locate the exact one unless you know the number or the exact date. Even when you know the date there may be several and the only way to discover the correct one is to view each in turn till you find it.
Could a title not be added to each ticket making it easier to locate the one you want?

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

4 REPLIES 4
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Searching for old ticket(s)

Could a title not be added to each ticket making it easier to locate the one you want?

Hi Mav, that's a fair idea however I can't see that particular method working for a simple reason, doing things this way would mean that each ticket stored across each account would have to have it's own totally unique name, hence why numbering is used as a more effective system to ensure each ID is unique.
We do use a system where each ticket is tagged with a cause denoting for our own purposes what the nature of the query was, I'm wondering if it would be useful if that could be used to categorize different types of queries we've dealt with in the past for you?
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Mav
Fixes: 514

Quote from: _Adam_Walker_

Hi Mav, that's a fair idea however I can't see that particular method working for a simple reason, doing things this way would mean that each ticket stored across each account would have to have it's own totally unique name, hence why numbering is used as a more effective system to ensure each ID is unique.
We do use a system where each ticket is tagged with a cause denoting for our own purposes what the nature of the query was, I'm wondering if it would be useful if that could be used to categorize different types of queries we've dealt with in the past for you?

I have been thinking that it would be nice to, say, hover the mouse over the ticket number and some details show up or have the ticket number shown as is but some detail of the ticket instead of the view button.
I guess this would involve a lot of work for little benefit for most... but an idea nevertheless  Smiley

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

Gus
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

Even if its as simple flagging them as raised by us / raise by you would help.  If I ever have to search for an old ticket, its always one I raised and not an auto system ticket.
FTTP 500 regrade from Tues 28th November
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

@Gus I've noted that as it could be easy for us to achieve and helpful to yourselves.
@Mav re what you've mentioned what may work out better is either our cause system (i.e the subject tags we used that I've mentioned) to become viewable as a ticket heading for yourself. Alternatively if we made the path you guys choose when raising tickets as a heading.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team