Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Satisfied Customer, So Far.

ThePillenwerfer
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Satisfied Customer, So Far.

I’ve only been a customer for a few days, though nearly became one last year hence my forum joining date.

So far all has been very well, which is a most pleasant contrast to my previous ISP where things got off to a bad start and then got worse.

The only thing I can say that I wasn’t fully happy with was things going quiet after my ‘phone line was activated on Monday 14 January. 

As I hadn’t received my router, or word that it had been dispatched, and the cut-off date for my old service was getting near I telephoned late on Wednesday 23.  The chap I spoke to was helpful, as I’ve come to expect, and said he’d get it sent.  I asked when the broadband itself would be activated and was advised that when my router arrived to ring again and it would be immediately activated and that there was no point doing it earlier as I’d be paying for something I couldn’t use.

The next morning I got a text saying that my router was in the post and less than an hour later an e-mail saying my broadband had been activated.  I wasn’t unhappy about this as I’d got a router in my stash of Things That May Be Useful Sometime which I hoped would work (it does) and it was better to have two services for a few days than a gap between. 

The PlusNet router arrived on Friday though I’m sticking with the one I initially set-up — a Huawei HG533 for anyone who’s interested — as it seems to be more configurable.

Compared to the previous lot PlusNet have been an absolute delight so far; I’m paying a much lower price and getting far better service.  No more wrestling with a multi-layered automatic switchboard which seems to have been designed to stop people getting through, calls are answered much faster (though if there is a delay PlusNet have better hold music) and when you are connected you get through to somebody who knows what they are talking about.

1 REPLY 1
Mads
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 79

Re: Satisfied Customer, So Far.

Good afternoon @ThePillenwerfer,

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts and experience when signing up for our services.

Please do let us know if there is anything we can help you with.