cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STILL Need to continually phone plusnet.

orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: Need to continually phone plusnet.

@pod000 - I've just asked our provisioning team to check on things for you, hopefully it's all progressing well now.
@keith4x4 - I've replied to one of your other comments, but from your comments yesterday it would seem things are improving? Either way our faults team have this in hand for you.
pod000
Grafter

I have recieved an update from Plusnet yay..
Sarah  - CSC Analyst
11:43am, Tuesday 26 Feb 2013
Dear pod000,
I have spoken to our suppliers regarding your delayed phone order.
They have advised that the pair divert work has been carried out this morning and the job has been passed back to the field engineers to fully complete the external work to connect your line to a spare port at your cabinet, and this should be completed in the next 72 hours.
Once this work has completed we are able to schedule a new appointment on the order to have an engineer complete the internal install at your property.
We appreciate your patience throughout this process and we are liaising with our suppliers to have your order progressing for completion for as soon as possible.

Kind regards,
Sarah

The divert work was carried out Yesterday by 2 engineers. Not this morning!
The amazing Skill set that these 2 enginneers possessed that no others in the north have is a ruddy Confined Space Certificate(CSC).
I managed to talk to the engineers yesterday and because they had to open manholes to do the divert then a confined spaces cert was required, But the man holes are only a metre deep I said. Sometimes they are a lot deeper came the reply.
Why isnt there more engineers with CSC. Because of cost apparently.( I had one issued about 7 years ago cost my boss £125 )
Any way back to the update. Plusnet have advised that the external work that needs finishing SHOULD be done in the next 3 DAYS .
I was told by the engineers that my line was now connected all the way to the exchange and that it needed switching on to get a dial tone.
So what I would like to be told is what is the extra external work that needs to be done.( The time frame for this extra external work is ludicrous SHOULD be done in the next 72 hours. SHOULD NOT OF BEEN AN EXCEPTABLE ANSWER.) and why will it take upto 3 days, surely this should of been challenged!
Still not happy with the service provided by Plusnet.. Very unhappy that I still haven`t got any services from plusnet. off to join twitter
PeeGee
Pro
Fixes: 3

Quote from: pod000
I have recieved an update from Plusnet
Quote from: Plusnet
They have advised that the pair divert work has been carried out this morning and the job has been passed back to the field engineers to fully complete the external work to connect your line to a spare port at your cabinet, and this should be completed in the next 72 hours.
Once this work has completed we are able to schedule a new appointment on the order to have an engineer complete the internal install at your property.

Any way back to the update. Plusnet have advised that the external work that needs finishing SHOULD be done in the next 3 DAYS .
I was told by the engineers that my line was now connected all the way to the exchange and that it needed switching on to get a dial tone.

IIRC you are waiting for a fibre installation which, of course, requires a phone connection to the local phone cabinet of the "fibre cabinet pair". Your phone line is now in a position to be "switched on" and it can now be connected to a "spare (fibre) port" at the fibre cabinet, followed by the installation of the VDSL modem.
At least, that is my reading of the (relevant) extracts above.
Plusnet FTTC (Sep 2014), Essentials (Feb 2013); ADSL (Apr 2009); Customer since Jan 2004 (on 28kb dial-up)
Using a TP-Link Archer VR600 modem-router.
pod000
Grafter

Thank you for the reply Peegee.
I was told by the openreach engineer that I had been connected to the cabinet and now there was a pathway all the way to the exchange.  Conflicting reports do not make for a happy household..

I have been just been told on twitter by AW that "connecting my line to a spare port at the cabinet " is not the sort of work that can be given a definite time frame. WHAT A LOAD OF B*LL*CKS
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi there,
I didn't say that exactly to be fair. From what can be seen from this update it looks like a little more work than just connecting a line to the cabinet needed to be done:

Hence we're aware at least a pair divert and a connection to the cabinet needs to be done every job done by our suppliers (especially where access to exchanges and cabinets is needed) does have to be scheduled around other work and isn't always able to be done to meed the requirements of an individual isue. We're happy that our suppliers are doing what's needed at present and I'm sorry that we won't be able to say exactly when this will be fixed but that we do fully expect us to be in a position to book a new appointment within the next 72 hours.
Adam
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
pod000
Grafter

I understand, it's not really the type of work that could have a definite timescale associated with it
a direct quote from twitter by AW.
as for the rest of your reply.
I have it on good authority  (the engineer who did the work) that NO further divert work is required (you could argue that attaching my line to fibre at the cabinet is divert work, but my twisted pair is at the cabinet  )
If you're saying there is more I would be glad to read any further updates you've had from your suppliers. If not I would appreciate it if you didn't make a very bad situation worse by interpreting an update so that it gives you justification for the reply you gave me on Twitter.
I have lost all faith in Plusnet.
If there is no extra work involved then I can imagine your customer service can be seen to be great. But taking 49 days to get a pair divert done is anything but great and now you're telling me further divert work is required!!
I do hope  once it is installed and working Plusnet will then start to " do me proud"

pod000
Grafter

Could someone please give me a slightly more informative update than .
" it should be done in the next 72 hours"
" it's not the type of work that can be given a definite timescale".

pod000
Grafter

No replies which means no updates and with only 10 of the extra 72 hours left.
I wonder if the work which couldn't be given a definite time scale has been done.
Until I am given an update I'll never know.
Wait, I'll try the home phone .
If the work has been done it hasn't enabled incoming calls.
Could I please get an Update
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Sorry we've not come back. I've had a word with our provisioning team and they're chasing for an update, I'm not sure what we'll get given that we're still within the 72 hours but we'll let you know as soon as we get any information for you.
EDIT: There's an additional complication now. You've mentioned that you have a master socket which isn't connected up, however our suppliers are now saying that the line to the exchange is finished - do we still need to send an engineer out to your premises to connect that up, or did the engineers who went out to do the pair divert work connect it when they were there?
pod000
Grafter

Thank you Matt.
I was told the work should be done within 72 hours .
this should be completed in the next 72 hours.

since the previous work was finished on the 25th then today would be the final day of the 72hours. Please correct me if my maths is incorrect.
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi, apologies but I edited the post above as you were replying - did the engineers who were out to do the divert work on the 25th connect up your master socket or does that work still need doing?
pod000
Grafter

the engineers that did the work on the 25th installed a new master socket and connected the line.
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Excellent - in which case it's a matter of the remote frames work and then the order is complete. We've been told that will happen tomorrow.
pod000
Grafter

So does that mean I will then be given the expidited  install date tomorrow ?
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

I certainly hope so. I don't want to say for certain that we will, but I can say for certain that we'll work as hard as we can to do so for you.