cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STILL Need to continually phone plusnet.

caps

Re: Need to continually phone plusnet.

By the sound of things, I easily relate the same happening to my account where I have to chase Plusnet to push the suppliers for an update.
If you notice, Chris says he will update you daily.. so are they planning to keep this issue open for a long time?
My personal experience is that they are expert in playing the blame game and keep putting things into the supplier's court while they themselves sit back and relax.
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

Hi,
The physical work that we are awaiting to be completed is a pair divert. A pair divert is an operation our suppliers perform when there are no spare pairs at your telephone pole or cabinet to hook your line up to. If there isn’t a port to connect your line to at the nearest pole or cabinet, our suppliers will divert your line to another telephone pole or cabinet where there are spare pairs, and connect your line there. As this involves physically re-routing various cabling, this can be a lengthy process. Once this is complete we'd then be in a position to get your services active.
This will be checked on daily and this work is scheduled to be completed on Monday and we'll follow this up and update you.
Quote from: caps
If you notice, Chris says he will update you daily.. so are they planning to keep this issue open for a long time?

Just trying to be helpful so pod000 doesn't have to call in and chase this up as they have done in the past. I'm looking to get this resolved ASAP.
pod000
Grafter

Quote from: chrispurvey
As this involves physically re-routing various cabling, this can be a lengthy process. Once this is complete we'd then be in a position to get your services active.

Is this the re routing work which I was told had been completed by one of your analysts on the 4th february. Also I take it that my line speed will suffer because of the extra distance the copper cabling will have to travel before it transfers to fibre?
Although I do have a BT master socket at my property the phoneline is not physically connected, it has been ripped out from the outside and I don`t think it is now long enough to be reinstated .  I was assured yesterday by CSC analyst Martin that BT are aware of this.( I made Plusnet customer services aware of this on the 7th of feb during a phonecall.)
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi there,
Hope the engineer does turn up today and sort things out, I'll give our Provisioning team a nudge to make sure you're updated on how it's all going today.
pod000
Grafter

As do I Matt. If provisioning don't phone with an update soon I shall be phoning them.
pod000
Grafter

I ended up calling Plusnet. Spoke to Ben in order updates who had to phone the suppliers. Ben phones back to say he didn't get an update because the person he spoke to had to email somebody to find out (its a new one on me!. He said hopefully the person he contacted would get a reply and that he would phone them back at 4.30pm today and give me the update then.
Let's hope it's good news. btor couldn't make it six times on the trot failing to do anything, could they ?
pod000
Grafter

Just spoke to Plusnet. Yet again NOTHING has been done. It apparently will get done tomorrow or maybe the next day.
Openreach have given Plusnet the 20th for further updates. The Plusnet agent I spoke to tried to be positive about the situation, suggesting that BT where actually doing something to move things along. Unfortunately I do not share her enthusiasm.
Its a pair divert and I live literally no more than 300m from the MAIN EXCHANGE.
I'm absolutely flabbergasted that 3 weeks on from a committed installation date my phone line is no nearer to being completed let alone being connected to broadband. I had better cancel my Netflix and VPN subscriptions before I waste anymore money.
Open reach have systematically failed to honour target times (or what I have been told has been embellished) and the best Plusnet can do is wait for updates.
Surely Plusnet can do something if openreach are continually not living up to their promises.
absolutely gutted.

pod000
Grafter

An openreach engineer turned up this morning and said he was going to put a new line from the pole to my property. will update when I get home. hopefully this is the start .
A quick question does Plusnet use the openreach wlr3 system ?
pod000
Grafter

update . No new line to the property same old one hanging off the wall.. I wonder when the good news will start.
pod000
Grafter

Well I have to say that Plusnet are consistent. Consistently bad at keeping their word.
I was told I would get daily DAILY UPDATES , NO UPDATES since friday 15th.
Quote from: chrispurvey
]
I'd like to take ownership of this and update you daily on the progress and what we're doing to get this resolved.
I can only apologise for this experience and I hope I can restore your confidence in us by getting this resolved promptly.
Chris

This is the last Information given on the open ticket...
Jaye  - CSC Analyst
5:19pm, Monday 18 Feb 2013
Dear pod000
Thank you for your time on the phone today.
I have now spoken with our suppliers and they have advised the pair divert work will be completed tomorrow. When this work has been completed our suppliers must then survey this for you and then complete the routing work. I have been advised by my suppliers this can take a minimum of 4 days to be completed.
Once this work has been completed we can then assign an engineer to install your line for you. Our suppliers have also agreed to expedite this for you to ensure you get the earliest possible appointment.
Please accept my apologies for the delay in your order. We are dealing with this as soon as we can for you to ensure you have services as soon as possible.
We will check for an update by the end of the day tomorrow and let you know how this has progressed.
If you have any other questions or queries regarding your Plus net account, please contact us by calling 08004320200 or by following the link below to raise a question:
Ask us a Question
The next action on your Help Assistant Question is due on Tuesday 19th February at 7:00am. This Question will remain open with the BOT - FTTC Provides until this time.
Kind regards,
Jaye

**Please chase with SMC to check for an update on pair divert work and let pod000 know**

It doesn`t bode well that they have not been in touch..
I am sick and tired of doing all the chasing up. I must of spent at least 10 hours on the phone already..
Plusnet need to sort this situation out.

edited out the shouting
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

We do indeed need to sort it, really sorry it's still ongoing - I've pushed Prov once more and we'll be updating shortly. I'll let you know how we'll be pushing back further once we know what's actually going on.
pod000
Grafter

I received a phone call from Plusnet, thank you Matt. unfortunately I didn't get to my phone in time to answer it. I was left a voicemail inviting me to phone Plusnet for an update. So I phoned and the update is, drum roll please.
NOTHING has been done regarding the pair divert work. The Engineer sent on Tues wasn't skilled enough to do ... Anything?
I have been told that:
There are only 2 engineers skilled enough in the whole of the North of the country that can do the work required!!
One or both will be doing the work required on Monday the 25th and this has been Guaranteed.( honest to god guv).
When the work is done on 25th I have been promised an expedited installation for no extra charge. ( this might of sounded good a couple of weeks ago.) Having waited so long I would expect this to be the norm not a  special dispensation.
I am wondering if this was chased up on the 19th as was promised would the engineers of been able to come out sooner. It wasn't followed up till the 21st so we'll never know.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Really sorry to hear about that.
I have been told that:
There are only 2 engineers skilled enough in the whole of the North of the country that can do the work required

I doubt that is the case so I'm sorry if you were advised that. AFAIK that's a fairly common task so I'm not sure why there should be issues getting this done.
I'm sorry too that there was a delay in picking this up, unfortunately we'll never know if anything could have been arranged sooner if it was picked up sooner but I sincerely hope this is resolved on Monday.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
pod000
Grafter

Fingers Crossed somebody with the correct skills turns up tomorrow Huh
keith4x4
Grafter

Don't hold your breath I have an ongoing issue that will be 2 years old in April YES that is 2 years ongoing.
Plusnet are experts at passing the buck and not applying any pressure to "their suppliers"
I hope that yours is resolved in a very short time .
And to the "Aint Plusnet wonderful brigade” If PN are so good why is this a continual problem that they do not address.