cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rubbish service

dannygog1
Dabbler

Rubbish service

At the beginning of July I applied online for my EXISTING adsl line to be upgraded to Fibre as my village now has this facility. I completed the online application from my account log in and paid the £5.99 for a new modem and supplied 3 times when it would be convenient for an engineer to call. I was told that the time and date would be confirmed within 24-48 hours.
After a week of waitng for this confirmation I went online and asked a question on live chat, eventually I got through. The assistant then informed me that he could find no application for fibre but he did find an application for ADSL which I have had for 18months with Plusnet, He apologised and said he couldnt deal with this mess and I had to phone in. I did this and eventually after 30 minutes someone came on the phone and tried to sort out the problem. Oh Dear he said, someone ticked the wrong box, never mind, I have sent a message and the request for ADSL will be cancelled and a new order for Fibre will be made.
I finally got a message online in my messages that apparently there was now a problem connecting me to Fibre but it would be sorted within 24 - 48 hours (they seem to like that number!) An order would be put through aiming for July 29th which was one of the dates I specified
That was Over a week ago and as usual nothing has been done and I have heard nothing, I dont know if the order has even been done and I certainly dont believe I will get Fibre on 29th July.
I used to tell people how good Plusnet were, guess what I tell them now.
The customer service is rubbish and the communication non-existent.
I think I will close my account and switch to BT, they are cheaper as well!
20 REPLIES 20
Estragon
Rising Star

Re: Rubbish service

You should be able to see your order(s) in your Member Centre. Also if you can find a way to your "Closed tickets" something should be showing in those about this as well.
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

To see current tickets/questions log into the Member Centre and click the first Useful Link in the Help and Support column.
David
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

That wasn't the most sensible post - now that you've highlighted that link Plusnet will probably remove it!
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
dannygog1
Dabbler

Yes I have been keeping an eye on the ticket.
The last thing it said was re the problem with connecting fibre, will be sorted in 24-48hrs, then it was referred back CSC analyst, that was on 16th July. Still awaiting support team answer.
Nothing else referring to my current order, they suggest if I have a problem to raise a ticket or phone them. Why do I have to do this, surely they should be sorting this out themselves but they dont seem to know what they are doing.
Really p*****ed off with them now.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi dannygog1
Allow me to apologise for the mistake made initially with the order and for the delays.
The reason you see "CSC analyst" is that the ticket has been passed to a particular agent and by the sounds of it they weren't  made aware.
I'm off to speak with them now and get the ball rolling urgently, if they can't help I'll take ownership and place the order myself.
Adam
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
dannygog1
Dabbler

Thanks Adam, nice to know someone is actually interested from Plusnet. I have just spent 1/2 hour on the phone and at the moment link:csa removed is trying to sort it but it would seem your system is down!!
She has promised to contact me as soon as she can get online.
As she said, it may be Openreach is causng the holdup, which I appreciate is not your fault. My biggest gripe is no-one bothering to chase it up or keep me informed, it was left to me to keep on contacting you. That is rubbish customer service and is going to lose Plusnet some customers, possibly me included.
Here's hoping it gets sorted this time.
adie:red removed csa as per link:rules
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Cheers, sounds like Linda has done the right thing.
It's BT Wholesale's ordering system (called ECO+) which is down at the moment. we're expecting that to be resolved this afternoon so it shouldn't delay things any further.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
dannygog1
Dabbler

Further to this saga, Plusnet are apparently unable to get BT Openreach to connect me to fibre because they say Plusnet is not my provider according to their records. I have been with Plusnet 18months and pay line rental to BT through
Plusnet  so who else would be my provider?  Also Plusnet have called BT Openreach out on my behalf several times for line faults, funny how the anomaly didn't show up till now. I now have to wait a further 4 days (yeah right) so BT can update the records. Slow computers they use!
Does anyone else think this is all a farce? Or is it just me?
Can Openreach really be that stupid?
Watch this space!
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 158

Hi Danny,
A warm welcome to the forums.  I did not respond to your initial post as given I can have no insight to the cause of your problem at that time, it was a potential mine field.
In answer to your question, yes Openreach can be that stupid and more so.  I've been waiting over two months for the supply of a new line to a non-served building on my client's land.  BTOR did a survey on 15th June which identified a tree need trimming so that they could access their pole.  It is a simple enough task, there is permission from the land owner, but nothing has been done in over 6 weeks.
The rules of engagement between CP retailer and BTOR afford no timely routes of escalation; BTOR can mess around for months before they can be held to account.  Not even my emails to the CEO of BT Plc and BTOR and BTOR Director of service delivery has got the job done.  It did open an otherwise inaccessible escalation route for PlusNET, but BTOR's DSO tried to close the escalation down, rather than sort it.  I suspect trying to do nothing took more time and effort than that needed to trim the tree.
It is the quasi nationalised industry mentality - put more effort into finding reasons for not doing something than the effort required to do it.
Hope you are soon sorted.  I get an update at 5pm today, as of yesterday, the tree had not been trimmed.
Kevin
EDIT:  Just to illustrate the total stupidity of BTOR, just had a call from my client - tree trimmers turned up around 11am to due the job ... however given that the pole is a joint service pole (has power lines) they cannot do the job.  Now given that the BTOR supply survey identified that it was a shared service pole... total incompetence!  More on my own thread laters.  Crazy
@AndyH, AFAIK there is a way leave and the owner has given permission and similar work has been done in the past.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

AndyH
Grafter

@ Townman - Is there a wayleave in place? Openreach will not touch anything without it being in place.
@ dannygog1 - I'm not sure why even with the incorrect phone provider record, it is stopping Plusnet from ordering. Someone from Plusnet needs to clarify the exact issue and where it lies.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Hi all,
There's a tags issue at present, markers are on the line which prevent us from placing an order.
I've checked with BT Wholesale and they're still working on the problem.
We're expecting this to be sorted over the next few days.
I'll be keeping tabs on this so I can be proactive in giving you updates dannygog1
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
dannygog1
Dabbler

Thanks to all for taking an interest.
Adam, appreciate if you could keep an eye on things, as I said before, if it is BTOR who are causing the problem then we are all at their mercy but yet again, your lady who's name I cant mention PROMISED to ring me back to tell me what was happening. It would have been good PR if she had rung back even to tell me nothing can be done yet. I think we would all be happier if we were just kept informed.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

your lady who's name I cant mention PROMISED to ring me back to tell me what was happening. It would have been good PR if she had rung back even to tell me nothing can be done yet.

No, I agree, not keeping up with any expectation we've set is one of my biggest pet hates and rest assured I'll make sure some feedback is passed on.
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
dannygog1
Dabbler

So on it goes!!
28th July am informed for some reason there is a 'tag' on my line which will take 4-5 working days to sort out.
Still nothing.
Plusnet blame BTOR for not updating their records, 18 months ago?
Cannot believe it has taken over a month since my application to upgrade to fibre and I am no closer.
Now checking with BT to transfer to them, maybe they will get it sorted as they seem to hold all the cards, besides which, they are also half the price of Plusnet.