cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Returning Customer

BB
Grafter

Returning Customer

I was a member previously for many years but had to cancel because of house moves.

I called today to renew and reap the benefits which I had previously.

Wrong, no goodwill , no previous referral allowance.

£50 for an engineer, £5-£10 activation fee. Missed the £75 cashback

14 days for line to be connected. I wanted it next week.

Anybody any ideas or suggestions because I am very disappointed.

18 REPLIES 18
Minivanman
Legend
Fixes: 1

Re: Returning Customer

Wait until Labour get elected and take advantage of free broadband for all? 

🤣🤣🤣

Truth is like a threshing machine; tender sensibilities must keep out of the way.
Herman Melville
shutter
Community Veteran
Fixes: 65

@BB wrote:

Anybody any ideas or suggestions because I am very disappointed.

Just received the Martins moneysaver email.... he has a few.....

QUOTE FROM THE EMAIL

A whopping 11m are out of contract on broadband and line, and almost all hugely overpay. If that's you, we've a set of hot, short-lived promos that can save you £100s/yr. They include a pre-Christmas cracker from Vodafone, and we've not seen the 35Mb fibre speed it offers cheaper since May. (Links go via our Broadband Unbundled tool to check your eligibility, as deals are postcode-dependent. Plus you can use it to find alternatives.)

TOP DEALS FOR NEW BROADBAND & LANDLINE CUSTOMERS (1)
DEAL EQUIV COST (2) HOW IT WORKS
Shell
11Mb
'£10.74/mth'
MSE Blagged
Ends Sun. Via this Shell link, you pay £16.99/mth over the 1yr contract and automatically receive a £75 bill credit within 3mths, making it an equiv £10.74/mth.

Vodafone
35Mb fibre

'£15.78/mth' 
or '£13.78/mth'
MSE Blagged

Ends Fri. Via this Vodafone link it's £23/mth over 18mths and you automatically receive a £130 Amazon vch within 4mths. Assuming you'd have spent it anyway, it's equiv £15.78/mth.

Vodafone pay monthly mobile customer? You can get the same deal for £2/mth less via the same link, with the same Amazon vch, making it an equiv £13.78/mth. Remember, you're NOT eligible if you also have Vodafone broadband. 
TalkTalk
67Mb fibre
'£18.07/mth'

Ends Thu. You pay £21.95/mth for this 18mth TalkTalk contract, but you can claim a £70 Amazon, Argos or Tesco vch or a prepaid Mastercard. If you'd have spent it anyway, the price is an equiv £18.07/mth. But be warned, it's the worst rated of the biggies on service.

idonno
Champion
Fixes: 6

@BB Go searching...plenty of deals about, even post black Friday. From my experience, 14 days seems to be par for the course though.

Ever helpful. Grin Sure, I’d love to help you out. Now which way did you come in?
Shep41
Seasoned Pro

Why on earth would you come back to this shower of [-Censored-]

Moderator's note by Dick (Strat): Avoidance of swear filter edited as per Forum rules.

shutter
Community Veteran
Fixes: 65

@Shep41 If it`s that bad...... begs the question....

"Why are you still here  ?  "

Undecided

Shep41
Seasoned Pro

I'm no longer a plusnet customer, I come here just for a laugh
Mav
Fixes: 514

Moderator's note(s):

Thread moved from General Chat to Plusnet Feedback.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

daveplus
Pro
Fixes: 10

@BB 

Hi. How long ago did you cancel your Plusnet service? I think that there is a minimum period that has to elapse before you can be considered a new customer.

BB
Grafter

Hi, I cancelled over a month ago because at the time I did not have a permanent address to move to

daveplus
Pro

@BB Hi. I'm guessing that you would have to be gone for a lot longer than one month

BB
Grafter

Not sure. But PN are not willing to show any goodwill, I had always found PN to be excellent without any problems

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 158

No, you can come back as a new customer straight away.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

daveplus
Pro

@Townman @BB 

In that case, try calling again but I would choose the thinking of leaving option. They mostly seem to more flexible!

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Thanks for getting in touch @BB and welcome back.

Unfortunately we can't move referrals from one account to another unless we've made an error by closing an account and we've had to set up a new one. Regarding the engineer installation fee of £49.99, you'd have had to pay this even if you progressed this as a house move on your original account, along with a £65 house move fee.

While we'd have happily waived these fees by asking you to agree to a house move contract, these are actually generally more expensive than our new customer introductory offers. The timeframe for an engineer to activate your services would've been the same either with your previous account or the new one as that's due to the engineer availability of Openreach.

Finally with regards to the offer you've signed up on I believe you've spoken with us this morning and that's resolved now? 

Let us know if you've got any further queries or concerns and if there's anything you'd need help with.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet