cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Retentions mis-informed me?

David_W
Rising Star

Retentions mis-informed me?

A bit ago I was going to switch to Sky LLU, Unlimited downloads, no throttling, 20Mb speeds.  I rang up to get my MAC and the lady I spoke to (who was lovely btw) offered me a deal and I decided to stay.  Now, during peak times I have trouble streaming, it slows down and down and down and causes buffering, lots of buffering so I opened a ticket to find out what was happening, ticket number 48413676 just replied:
"I have looked into this and unfortunately you have been mis advised."
I had a fair bit of (ok, a lot of) trouble cancelling Sky so I could stick with PlusNet, in fact Sky ignored my cancel and switched me phone over anyhow so I had to switch it back (as well as pay Sky).  So my basic question is, was I mis-sold my temporary retention packed (good until Fibre comes to my area in March)?  If I was mis-sold it then I'm not a happy bunny as I would have switched to Sky!  If I wasn't mis-sold, why are my streams buffering during peak hours?
I just tried a torrent and it came back as 0x20, it *should* be 0x80 so it does look like I was mis-sold a contract with PlusNet  (all the pro packages should put it as gold?)
3 REPLIES 3
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

Re: Retentions mis-informed me?

From your comments it seems you should have the Pro add-on on your service in which case you are correct that all traffic should be classified as Gold or Titanium (prioritised). That this is not happening implies the add-on has not been properly applied.
The Digital Care staff who monitor the forums and are in a position to check the status of your account and apply fixes as needed do not work weekends but I'm sure they will take a look on Monday if you leave this until then.
David
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi David W,
I'm afraid you were offered something that we can't actually provide - our system won't allow us to apply the Pro add-on to unlimited accounts I'm afraid, it can only be added to the current Value and Extra products. If Extra would be acceptable we'll happily move you to that product and apply the Pro add-on as offered, unfortunately though we won't be able to add it as things stand.
I'm very sorry you were misinformed.
David_W
Rising Star

Extra is no good, I've been on that before for a month and ended up going over the limit and having to spend £10 extra.  I am quite disappointed though, Sky offered a much cheaper deal (£7.50/month) with unlimited and unthrottled (as well as 20mb), I stayed because retentions did match that (except for the speed, that comes next month) so to find out I'm paying twice as much for 1/3rd of the service is a bit whack.  If I had just been offered unlimited only I would have taken my MAC and gone to sky, now though I'm stuck.  3 months ago I think it was that I was going to switch, Fibre is expected in March, if I'd switched to Sky I would have been 1/2 way through the 12 month contract when fibre gets switched on, now if I switch I'll be 9 months away from being able to get fibre.