cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Referrals - no credit

hladonkey

Referrals - no credit

Had long chat with neighbour and convinced him to switch to Plusnet. Had an email intro sent to him and he ended up phoning sales to sign up.
Gave them my username so that i would get the monthly credit but they said they didnt want it "at that stage".
He signed up and is quite happy with the service so I emailed and asked about my credit. was told he would have to email in and confirm it was me who introduced him. He is abroad most of the time so difficult for him to follow up.
I notice that his details have now disappeared from the "awaiting sign-up" list so Plusnet obviously know he has signed and that it was me who introduced him but am I getting my 25p? Am I f*** !!
Its only 25 p so what the problem????
8 REPLIES 8
James
Grafter

Re: Referrals - no credit

Hiya,
Sorry  to hear that the referral hasn't been attributed against your account.
If you could possibly ask your friend just to raise a ticket to say that he was recommended by you, we'll add him as a referral and backdate the credits.  If you have any problems with that, let me know and I'll do it myself.
hladonkey

I know its only 25p but over 30 years thats enough to pay for one extra trip up to QPR!!
hladonkey

Thanks for the reply James and appreciate your offer of help.
My neighbour is an internet "virgin" and I've tried to tell him how to raise a ticket etc but he hasnt a clue. Added to the fact that he spends most of his time in the Far East I cant see that he's ever going to be able to sort it out himself.
If you can resolve it then that would be great.
I can let you have the email address he originally had (dunno his plusnet one - and neither does he!!) which was the one you sent the referral email to at the start of all this - and his name of course.
Is this enough?
Regards
Stuart
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi hladonkey,
Unfortunately we need the ticket on the other account before we can add the referral, is there any chance your neighbour would let you know his password (or change it temporarily) so you could log in and raise the ticket for him?
mrmarkus1981
Grafter

I also dont appear to have been discounted by 25p after recommending my friend.
My username was definately put in when ordering online!
hladonkey

I'll see if that's possible - not sure when next he is in the UK.
Is there a time limit  to claim?
James
Grafter

Nah, I'll be happy to backdate any referral tokens.
hladonkey

Brill - tks.
I'll try to find out when he's back from Manilla (as in Philippines - not envelopes....!)