cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Referral discount calculation changed yet again!

ReedRichards
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 25

Re: Referral discount calculation changed yet again!

I got an annoying reply to my ticket saying everything was fine but that I could not be told why for 'data protection reasons'.  The implication of what I was told is that if one of my referrals had left Plusnet then rather than make this apparent, Plusnet would pretend they were still clients to protect their confidentiality.  Is that true?  Because it's either that or someone on my list has not actually paid Plusnet anything for over two years. 
Or could it be that the Plusnet rep. who answered my ticket trotted out a stock answer without actually looking at the facts of the case?   
kitz
Aspiring Pro

Quote from: Linn
kitz, your refunds have already been processed and should be correct, however, I'll investigate into this in more depth if you'd like?

No that was in respect of something else and how I wasnt getting normal referrals. nvm those that were wrongly accounted. 
As of July when we agreed that referrals were correct, this meant that those that werent previously being paid were now doing so.
afaik I should still be due a back payment for those unaccounted values.  From my ticket
[quote=Chris Purvey]The referral problem we had should now be resolved, we are in the process of the refund side of this which we're hoping to roll out any day.
Which is why I didnt really want to have to re-open a new ticket because all the info was in #74675093.
However if you think my billing for this month is correct.... thats fine by me... but Im sure its not Cheesy Cheesy
kitz
Aspiring Pro

Quote from: Oldjim

How long has that discrepancy been running as I am not aware of any changes since one of them went to fibre yonks ago so the rebate should be a lot higher

I was told September 2013 - January 2014  but Im also sure its been going on a lot longer than that. 
September is when I first raised the fact that a lot of my referral values were at £0, but I only noticed it at that time because none of my referrals had been paid.  Im pretty certain that there is more to it based on the difference between what I got in Aug 2013, and what I get now. 
Im still sure there are some accounts I should be getting paid for but dont.  I have a couple of accounts that use Plusnet for Phone only with no broadband services -  PN used to do this back in 2007/2008/2009/2010.  In fact I was thinking of doing it myself despite being on SMPF LLU
These accounts are still active and paying to Plusnet and I should get 50p but Ive never got a penny. Sad
eg

Account type Activation Date Billing Date Last Token Value Total Tokens Total Credit Status
Talk Anytime International 300 09/02/2010 10/09/2014 N/A 0.5 0 0 active

kitz
Aspiring Pro

Quote from: ReedRichards
I got an annoying reply to my ticket saying everything was fine but that I could not be told why for 'data protection reasons'.  The implication of what I was told is that if one of my referrals had left Plusnet then rather than make this apparent,

No thats not quite true.  
If the customer has left completely then you will see something like this
Account type	Activation Date	Billing Date	Last Token	Value	Total Tokens	Total Credit	Status
PlusNet Broadband Your Way Option 2 08/09/2006 N/A N/A 0.25 10 2.5 destroyed

However there are some customer who have left but retain some services such as email on a dial up PAYg.  For those customers you will see something like this

Account type	Activation Date	Billing Date	Last Token	Value	Total Tokens	Total Credit	Status
PlusNet Pay as you Go 22/12/2005 N/A N/A 0 0 0 active

The thing to look for is the date of the last token & billing date.   If there is a date in there which is recent and the account status is active, then you should be being paid for it.
avatastic
Grafter

The "Last Token" = N/A is not a sign that the issues have been fixed, unless these are going to be populated from the users' next billing cycles?
Maybe in a couple of months I'll seem them populated correctly, but until then I'll still assume that the credits are incorrect.
F9 member since 4 Sep 1999
F9 ADSL customer since 27 Aug 2004
DLM manages your line the same way DRM manages your rights.
Look at all the pretty graphs! (now with uptime logging!)
Richchad
Rising Star

I am still missing 3 Fibre referrals and the Fibre - Last Token always shows N/A, I thought this was fixed?
DanHodby
Grafter

Hi Richchad,
It looks like your due a refund of £2.25 from the missed referrals. I've also raised a new problem on this as N/A is a sign this hasn't been fixed.
I've processed the refund for you which should be back in your account shortly.
Richchad
Rising Star

Okay, thanks for that Dan, I'll wait to see if the N/A disappears sometime soon then.
avatastic
Grafter

Don't hold your breath!
F9 member since 4 Sep 1999
F9 ADSL customer since 27 Aug 2004
DLM manages your line the same way DRM manages your rights.
Look at all the pretty graphs! (now with uptime logging!)
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 156

Dan,
NA on internet products has been there for as long as I can recall - was it actually part of the planned fix?
I note that as of the 11th Sept (having had all surpluses paid out last month) my reported referral value is £2.75 whereas the sum of processed tokens (according to my referral list) is £3.
There were a host of additional issues raised through Chris Purvey in this thread (including NA last payment date and paid referral values not matching listed token values) can you please provide an update on their status?  A list of accepted issues would be a useful start point so that anything thought to be missing can be reflagged for investigation.
Scott Story was doing a really good job on sorting all of this out... but he got moved on before the task was complete.
Kevin

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Dx7
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Hi
I would be grateful if someone could sort out my referral back pay. I have two accounts and have raised tickets on more than one occasion  to let you know that I have a lot of missed referral payments.  I am now being asked to supply bank statements, why?  This is now getting crazy. Please sort my back payments for both my accounts and remember to include the people that have since left Plusnet.  Given I have so many referrals,  I would also hope for some kind of report so I can personalty verify that referrals have not been missed. Please see ticket - Question #90122287.      
Thank you
John
LinnPlusnet
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi John,
Sorry to hear you've not had your referrals paid back...I'll have a look into this for you and I'll reply on the tickets on your accounts.
Dx7
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Hi Linn
Thanks for all your help!  Wink
John
Richchad
Rising Star

Quote from: Dan
Hi Richchad,
It looks like your due a refund of £2.25 from the missed referrals. I've also raised a new problem on this as N/A is a sign this hasn't been fixed.
I've processed the refund for you which should be back in your account shortly.

Dan, my monthly renewal was today (19th) and no £2.25 refund showing in my invoices... Sad
Also last month and this month my referral amounts have changed..
Last month my credit note showed 0.50 for telephone referral and only 0.49 for Fibre referral stating "Partial redemption"
This month my credit note showed 0.50 for telephone referral and 0.26 for remaining referral credit making the correct referral amount of 0.75 but then another Partial redemption of 0.23 for Fibre referral. (not 0.49 like last month?)
I use to get the total of £1.25 made up of 0.50 and 0.75 in each invoice, what's all this Partial redemption stuff?
joncooper
Grafter

Linn, I also have an AWOL referral that goes back quite some time, be grateful if you could check into that for me