cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Referral discount calculation changed yet again!

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 161

Re: Referral discount calculation changed yet again!

Scott,
Thank you for fulfilling your commitment to provided an update of progress by today, even though you are out of the office doing once in a lifetime family stuff.  Congratulations to your sister.
A two part solution sounds like a plan - fix the cause first, then tidy up the historical consequences.  When you are back in the office, would it be possible to be given target dates for each phase please.  One understands that live service delivery issues will always need to come first, but a target would be good to have.
If I might ask, does the fix deliver correction to the listed token values and the totalling of the same?  Will the correction of historical payments take into consideration referred accounts which have now terminated?  Do you have a date from which the model was known to be broken please?  Personally I have never found a good correlation between listed tokens and the received referral discount value.  Since I have been on LSR (monthly subscription is less than the referral value) the "visible" referral value as been "capped" to the subscription value.
I guess it would be useful to learn of the scope of the fix, so that those of us who have concerns over referrals (I do not think there is just one issue) could indicate if there is anything else outside of the scope of planned fixes.
Regards,
Kevin

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

gofaster
Rising Star

Quote from: Chris
It will be going in a batch of fixes that we will be releasing in December at the latest

I am willing to wager my entire Decembers referral value on this not happening - any takers?
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

I am quite confident that a fix isn't too far away on this one, as Scott has mentioned.
BRABUS
Grafter

Quote from: gofaster

I am willing to wager my entire Decembers referral value on this not happening - any takers?

I think I am with you on this one but I have to say that I don't think its a lack of effort from the PN staff though  Cool
gofaster
Rising Star

: Huh I don't think this one can be blamed on "our suppliers"  Crazy
kitz
Aspiring Pro

I wouldnt bet on it either. 
The referral situation and lack of movement is pathetically slow.
Plusnet you really need to get your act together on this.
reserved
Grafter

I somehow think that that if the problem caused us to owe PN money rather than the other way round then the "fix" would have happened sooner  Huh
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi, we know it's not good but a fix is being worked on, I'll ask Chris to pop in with the latest update next week.
ScottStorey
Pro
Fixes: 1

Hi All,
Just to give a quick update on this.
I'm currently in the process of writing the tests to confirm the fix has worked while the developer finishes off the fix.
Most of the things that have been above the referrals issue in our development stack are now in the final stages of testing, putting referrals right at the top of the list of things left to do.
Townman
Superuser
Superuser

Scott,
Thank you for the update and keeping customers informed.  I look forward to news that the fixes have passed testing and get have been implemented.  Might we expect separate advice on the correction to historical discount billing please?
Cheers,
Kevin

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

ScottStorey
Pro

Good question Kevin,
It's now going to happen at the same time. Turns out it was easier than first thought to find the affected accounts.
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 396

Yes, I would have thought it's a simple matter of finding any accounts with an active referral whose token value is £0.0 Smiley

Townman
Superuser
Superuser

From my experience, I think it is more complicated than that.  Referral tokens being zero is I suspect but one of several problems.

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 396

You're probably right, I thought it was a simple 0.0 token value error but I've just reread your first post on here and you seem to have other strange total values which I guess may ( or not ) be related.

ScottStorey
Pro

Actually not miles off with that MisterW!
The complications have been caused, admittedly, by ourselves having it take so long.
So we are having to deal with extra complications such as people moving between packages with different referral values.