Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ref Plusnet survey ?

hooverman
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Ref Plusnet survey ?

received a survey for what looks like an official Plusnet email address at  Plusnet@com.plus.net inwhich it stated it wanted to know my opinion on how plusnet is doing and what we could be doing differently ,I checked the email address it looked correct but when you went into the questions they were not the sort of questions about the service Ive received or how to improve it questions like where does my main income come from, what mobile network I use etc I got through the 1st couple of questions and felt the survey didnt want to know what I felt about Plusnet but more about my personal information so I stopped so if this was a correct email from plusnet shame on you if not Im glad I stopped in case it was a phishing email
                                                                            copy of wording of email and email address
                                                  from: Plusnet <plusnet@comm.plus.net>
                                                reply-to: autoemail@plus.net
                                                  date: 21 December 2015 at 14:18
                                              subject: Oops, sorry. The link to your survey is fixed
                                              mailed-by: bt-plusnet.trclient.com
                                              Signed by: comm.plus.net

At Plusnet we believe in doing right by our customers and want to ask your opinion on how we're doing and what we could do differently. We've got a short survey running and would love it if you could give us your feedback so we can keep on developing our services and doing you proud.
We'd like to reassure you that the response you provide will not be identifiable to you personally. The survey should take no more than 25 minutes to complete and as a thank you for taking part we will enter you for a chance to win our prize draw. You could win one of three prizes of £100 Marks & Spencer vouchers and four prizes of £50 Marks & Spencer vouchers . The winners will be announced on 8th January 2016.
The survey will be open until midnight on 24th December 2015. To start the survey, please click on the button below:
Start your survey now
Thanks for taking the time to give us your feedback.
Best wishes,
David Leather
Chief Operating Officer, Plusnet

7 REPLIES 7
smudgrrr

Re: Ref Plusnet survey ?

I got the same survey, which as you say has genuine looking PlusNet URLs and so on. 
I queried it via webmail and via PlusNet's call centre, and I was told that this is DEFINITELY a scam, that PlusNet don't send out any surveys, and I should just ignore emails from PlusNet in future!  They also told me that they had no way of checking what marketing communications had been sent out, but they don't ever do prize draws and I should contact the police.
Then I checked PlusNet's own website, which seems to suggest otherwise.
http://community.plus.net/terms-and-conditions-for-prize-draw-december-2015/
So that's good - I was just asking them to clarify how they can identify who's responded to the prize draw when they don't share any personal info with the survey company and when the survey itself doesn't request anything personally identifiable, and I get told that I've been defrauded.  Only...perhaps I haven't.
hooverman
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

thanks smudgrr for your information looks like genuin email ,Like you I phoned Plusnet to be told they didnt know anything about this survey and like you, how are you entered into a prize draw  with out some form of email address/user name ,  I get annoyed when with surveys that ask where you get your income from when there is no opt out box on the form or other personal questions because Plusnet cannot guarantee how the survey company uses that information
    Whilst Im very happy to fill in surveys to help companys improve their service ,I am not happy to give them more information than they need
steveuk
Grafter

If i get emails that kinda look real but i still feel they might be dodgy i use the view message source option and find all the ip's then do a trace route on them to see what it comes up with and 99% of the time i can work out if something is real or fake.
IanSn
Rising Star

It was a real survey.
The orig had broken html in the link and didn't work.
See my post here - http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,146856.0.html
Received corrected one later but as, apparently, it asks additional personal questions about income, etc., for marketing purposes, I didn't do it.
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

I've discussed this with a few colleagues and I can confirm the survey was a legitimate email from Plusnet.
I've made sure to flag your concerns with the relevant people.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
nadger
Rising Star

Link seemed to have been repaired so started survey.
Stopped when questions became far too personal  Angry
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 158

So if this is a legitimate survey, why are questions about personal finance being asked?  Is that to assess the social demographic of the respondent or is it something more sinister?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.