cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Really disappointed so far

Pumpkin1

Really disappointed so far

I chose Plusnet down to all the fantastic customer support ratings but so far have had a really disappointing experience.  First of all having to hang on for 29 minutes to get through to an adviser then to be told that 'exceptionally' my broadband order 'got stuck in the system' and had to be re-issued.  Then today I am told that my broadband is live but no router has arrived!  Help Chat has advised that a new one will be sent today but will take another 3 to 5 working days (why if its Royal Mail 1st Class?)  Honestly thinking about cancelling the whole thing and going with John Lewis who are now top of the Which rankings.  Lovely people when you get through to them but clearly not able to deliver the advertised service... Will be giving feedback on social media so that others are not misled as I feel I have been.
3 REPLIES 3
SpendLessTime
Hero
Fixes: 86

Re: Really disappointed so far

John Lewis is  Plusnet
Ex - Plusnet Customer (2009 - 2023) now with BT
All4One
Grafter

Plusnet plc is the service provider under these Terms and Conditions and by agreeing to these terms and conditions you (the customer) will be contracting with us (Plusnet plc) for the provision of the John Lewis Broadband. You can find details of how to contact us in paragraph 56 (a) below.
Crazy
genghisvader
Dabbler

You can read me DSL saga above if you're interested. It seems all providers are pretty much the same - when they drop the ball, they drop it big time. Faceless systems aiming at serving millions of people at near-zero cost, but then I guess that gets us cheap BB...! Problem is our reliance on BB has increased to a much greater extent than the providers have increased their product quality, so maybe it just seems worse.
But it's clear that PlusNet have not invested in their platform as quickly as their customer base has grown. No-one should wait 52 minutes on a customer service line, or be without a connection for an entire month.
The company seems to have no escalation procedure, or ability to prioritise service based on severity of issue. One size - the smallest size - fits all, it seems.