cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How long is normal to get an answer to a question?

jackbauer77

How long is normal to get an answer to a question?

I've been reasonably happy with my service, but it has been going downhill of late - and now entered the frustration zone. I tried to report my problem by way of a 'question' to the support team (this was where my fruitless attempts to log an issue led me on the 'help & support'  section of the customer portal) Also - it's not a question. It a report of a fault, but I couldn't see anywhere to report a fault.  Sad
1. Is this the correct procedure, or should I be calling a number?
2. How long is normal to wait for a response - my question is 4 days old now with the status "awaiting support team answer"?
My question ID is 111479982 if anyone reading this cares.
I have worked in IT for a long time, with a background in networks - in my opinion the router is buggered, and as well as this there is a bandwidth stability problem - I'm happy to admit that the first problem could be causing the second, but I have all manner of network logs and graphs that would suggest otherwise, and I have been having router problems without bandwidth problems for long enough to suggest they may not be connected. I may even be completely wrong - it would just be nice to hurry things along a bit to start having that argument than sitting waiting for 4 days for some KBD results.
3 REPLIES 3
amcclean
Rising Star

Re: How long is normal to get an answer to a question?

Have you tried the onlince chat. I have used this a few times of late and have had good results and have not had to wait the hrs on the phone listening to dire overly loud bady chosen music going round and round.
podman
jackbauer77

I have now Podman - i'm going to get an update later today. Shouldn't really have had to chase it - but these things happen I guess
Thanks.
jackbauer77

But no update so far....
Strike 2