Did you mean: 

Re: PlusNet quiz a hoax ?

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

@billnotben wrote:
That maybe so but why can't someone from plusnet simply say yes it's a hoax.

Or no your prize is in the post.Cheesy

Good to see this question is in "General Chat" so I don't have to be helpful or anything else.

Unfortunately we don't really frequent the General Chat board too much when trying to help with Plusnet related queries.

@vmbe wrote:

This is not the hoax that was discussed previously, and it really is startling to think that PlusNet cannot be troubled to disown it as a hoax, but a hoax it must be.

From what you've said, it does sound like a hoax/scam. I'm not aware of any promotions to win an iPad/Tablet/Tesco vouchers, however if you have a screenshot we may be able to look in to that further. If not, personally I'd dismiss it as a hoax/scam and not affiliated with Plusnet.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
25 REPLIES 25
vmbe

PlusNet quiz a hoax ?

While online recently, I was prompted to take part in  a PlusNet promotion, in the form of a quiz in which the prizes were an Iphone, or an Android or a £500 Tesco voucher. I "won" a voucher, but, as I have heard nothing whatever since, assume that this was a hoax.  Has anyone else encountered this ?

twocvbloke
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 3

Unless it comes from Plusnet themselves, it's not a Plusnet promotion or competition, that and you're not the first to have come to the forum with the same complaint, best advice is to try and find who the competition company is and speak to them, or if they're unwilling to speak, contact the CMA below:

https://www.gov.uk/government/organisations/competition-and-markets-authority

rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 12

Its a Hoax Sad

Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
jaread83
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 81

This was discussed before over here: https://community.plus.net/t5/Everything-else/Scam-Fake-PlusNet-Customer-Web-Survey/m-p/1358191#M160...

Frontend Web Developer | www.plus.net

If you have an idea to improve the community, create a new topic on our Community Feedback board to start a discussion about your idea.

billnotben
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

That maybe so but why can't someone from plusnet simply say yes it's a hoax.

Or no your prize is in the post.Cheesy

Good to see this question is in "General Chat" so I don't have to be helpful or anything else.

artmo
Aspiring Champion

Don't hold your breath Wink

vmbe

Many thanks, BillNotBen and others.  This is not the hoax that was discussed previously, and it really is startling to think that PlusNet cannot be troubled to disown it as a hoax, but a hoax it must be.

Mav
Fixes: 515
Moved:

jaread83
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

The thing about these types of things is that the creator of this 'quiz' or 'questionaire' can simply take a look at your IP address and ascertain that you are a Plusnet/TalkTalk/Virgin Media/etc customer from that information and tailor their 'quiz' to have that information presented on their forms so it entices a user to participate and provide personal information.

If you have an idea to improve the community, create a new topic on our Community Feedback board to start a discussion about your idea.

Mav

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav)

I have moved this from General Chat to give it more visibility.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

jaread83
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

@Mav, did you intend on splitting the entire post or were you meant to move the whole lot over here?

Mav

@jaread83

All moved now. Again the whole thread failed to move in one go even though that option was selectedKnuppel

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

billnotben
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

I still fail to understand why a simple yes or no statement hasn't materialised.

MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

It's a hoax
ex-Plusnet staffer. Any posts after 28/07/2017 aren't on behalf of Plusnet