cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem after problem - Andy Baker/Paul Summers please read....

bkupexec

Problem after problem - Andy Baker/Paul Summers please read....

Ok, so I seriously doubt Andy or Paul will respond to this however my frustration has hit it's peak so I welcome it. Here goes:
1. Almost two months to install my phone and broadband service in my new home - constant blame games between Plusnet and Openreach. I really don't care who's fault it was but my contract is with Plusnet... Endless calls with long delays waiting to get through, passed from team to team to get a single answer. I like the UK based call centre approach but it seems on the face of it inefficient...
2. Great, fibre upgrade is available - wish I knew before I had ADSL installed! Waiting in for an OpenReach engineer, he calls on the installation day and advises having checked in their cabinet that the port's faulty. Day 1 wasted at my cost
3. OpenReach call on 5 December, "we have fixed the issue can we come Monday". "no as I will not be at home, does Friday 12th work". "Sure, we'll be with you between 08:00 and 13:00"...  Rubbish - no call nothing except a 25 minute call and plenty of listening to hold music yet again with Plusnet. Day 2 wasted again at my expense...
So, where do we find ourselves, just over two months into a contract with Plusnet and totally unhappy with their service offering... Virgin is not in my area yet, but when they come - Plusnet will be seeing me leave as it stands...
Please please please sort yoursleves and your suppliers out...  Angry  or people will vote with their feet on future dealings with Plusnet!
Anyone else having the same experience...?
Update: 15:27 - agent at plusnet commited to a manager calling back within 2 hours - this did not happen.
I have just read some of the other horror stories on here. Oh dear - I should have done a lot more homework before signing up I feel.... 😞
7 REPLIES 7
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 156

Re: Problem after problem - Andy Baker/Paul Summers please read....

Quote from: bkupexec
Please please please sort yoursleves and your suppliers out...  Angry  or people will vote with their feet on future dealings with Plusnet!

Hi bkupexec,
Welcome to the PlusNet forums.  Sadly I doubt anyone senior will come here to answer your understandable frustrations.  There have been requests for over a year for the CEO (Andy Baker) to comment on the truly appalling service being provided by BTOR, which no ISP (including PlusNet) seems willing to take to Ofcom the regulatory authority.  We all still await his first comment regarding what he as a senior BT Group officer is doing to address the all too familiar failings of the BTOR division.  One would expect them to know the operational state and capacity of their infrastructure.  There is no excuse for allocating non-functional resources to a new service provision.
This issue is NOT unique to PlusNet, if there are local issues with the BTOR infrastructure all ISPs using their copper access network (the last mile) will be burdened with the SAME ISSUES.  As you imply, only VM have an alternative local network in the areas where they operate.
That said, there are few reasonable excuses for PlusNet not getting back to you when promised.
Kevin

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

picbits
Rising Star

Quote from: bkupexec
I have just read some of the other horror stories on here. Oh dear - I should have done a lot more homework before signing up I feel.... 😞

Don't be put off by some of the horror stories - the nature of support forums is that the majority of new members join up to have a moan. Very few of the 700,000 happy customers sign up to say how good their experience was.
Fingers crossed the excellent digital care team on here will pick up your post and kick the appropriate butts.
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

@bkupexec
I'm very sorry to hear of the issues you've had trying to get fibre installed. I can see you've arranged a new appointment for this installation now.
Once your service is installed please get back to us on this forum and we'll be happy to arrange a gesture of goodwill for the delay and missed appointment you've experienced.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Omaraj17
Dabbler

Boy, bkupexec - if there's anyone who feels your pain, I do.
I placed my order for phone and fibre broadband on the 22nd of October 2014 - and it's still not up and running.
The exact same stuff you mention in your post are the struggles I am having, Openreach and Plusnet seem to have no clue regarding what each other are doing. If you're interested then have a look at my post to see exactly how many things can go wrong.
It's been a journey of endless on hold calls, taking days-off repeatedly for engineer visits which the engineer himself informs me have been useless (imagine hearing that as a Contractor who has taken an unpaid day off just to have an engineer visit the property!) - then finally when broadband was installed and working, Plusnet cancel it because they mistakenly didn't action the order (or some dribble like that) and then we have to go through the whole process of installing the internet again (as if it never went up to begin with).
So now I am back again, to square one, endless on hold calls and taking unpaid days-off for engineering visits - you know what's worse though? I am actually being charged every day for broadband by Plusnet, eventhough its not activated.
I accept that not all customers face this issue (only a certain few) but my complaints here isn't that this is a one-off, it seems to happen so often - reading through these forums I can see many cases like mine and yours. And Plusnet haven't done anything to ensure it doesn't happen again (that I can see).
Also they don't seem to make you priority for going through these issues, it's as if you're just like any other customer eventhough your case has been so badly handled that Plusnet should be going over and above to resolve it. I expect them to give me constant daily updates, texts, calls and giving me constant explanations of why it isn't up, what the issues are and everything. Instead it's me who has to chase them up, post on forums, go listen to their "on hold" music for forty minutes on the phone daily.
It's absurd to be honest with you.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi Omaraj17,
I'm really sorry and disappointed to read about the issues you've mentioned on your post.
The main reason that you'll definitely see other similar issues to yours on this forum is that whereas such problems shouldn't happen, unfortunately they can and this forum does get used as a channel for customers to post about their frustrations and seek support.
I can see that unfortunately in your case a fault with your line itself has delayed the us being able to install fibre.
All that remains at this stage is for a new appointment to be arranged so I'll pick this up myself now and drop a reply on ticket 96142325 for you shortly.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
cripplesmith

_Adam_Walker_ and Omaraj17 - your experience and mine of PLUSNET sound very similar:  I have been waiting since 2 Nov for a functional service, and PLUSNET have failed to keep me informed, arranged appointments for engineers where no-one turns up, had engineers turn up without notice, totally lied to me about (a) me not being in when an engineer called (b) about me cancelling the service so they could treat it as a "new order" and as at today, cancelled another appointment without confirming a new date.  Their latest advice  - and I couldn't make this up, even if I wanted to - is "go to the library, they have internet there".  I would never recommend PLUSNET to my friends.  To my enemies, maybe.
So far, I have taken three days off work, spent countless hours on the phone (the longest call lasting over an hour) and finally out of desperation paid BT WiFi the extortionate sum of 25 quid just so I can talk to my kids on Skype over Christmas.  Never imagined PLUSNET would be so incompetent and uncaring.
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Have a read of http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/shopping/delivery-rights regarding claiming compensation for the wasted days off work.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)