Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Price increase

gleneagles
Aspiring Legend
Fixes: 17

Price increase

What is the position of someone on a 24 month contract with PN regarding price rises, I assume, prhaps wrongly that the broadband price will not increase but what about other costs ? Caller display, anytime calls, line rental and the rest will these costs remain the same or increase ?
If increases apply then what value has a 24 month contract at a fixed price have ?
Does such a change in a written contract make that contract null & void ?
We are born into history and history is born into us.
8 REPLIES 8
Sebtomato
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Re: Price increase

It's an opportunity for you to terminate your contract earlier (including broadband) with zero termination cost, as many people are doing currently (including me, into my 18 month contract for telephone + FTTC).
You can call the retention team at Plusnet to see what they are willing to offer, and check the offers elsewhere.
Check the "account and billing" forum for many threads on this.
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

It's not a 24 month contract at a fixed price. For that period you agree to pay early termination charges if you choose to leave. Plusnet can change prices if they wish, but if the changes are detrimental to you they must allow the contract to be terminated without penalty if given notice within a specified period.
David
AlaricAdair
Champion

If I try to plough through the complexities a one minute UK Geographic call,out of plan, via PN will cost 26p (16p set up + 10p per minute),
whereas the same call on my Sipgate service  would cost 1p
It is a difficult choice.  Wink
Now Zen, but a +Net residue.
Mayfly
All Star

I have a call plan so the normal cost per minute to geographical landlines doesn't affect me but 10p per minute is more than my PAYG mobile - that's unbelievable.

davidj66
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 4

And if you use 18185 (still allowed by PN) out of plan UK (01,02,03)calls cost 5p connection charge and zero p per minute!!
MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

For clarification; the prices for the phone would increase, but that also gives you the option to leave.
ex-Plusnet staffer. Any posts after 28/07/2017 aren't on behalf of Plusnet
sjptd
Grafter

Thanks for the clarification, Matty.  For even more clarification, can you confirm the  (including broadband) in what what  Sebtomato says: It's an opportunity for you to terminate your contract earlier (including broadband) with zero termination cost
MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

Sorry guys. Yes, including broadband. Make sure the gaining CP uses the correct migration process to avoid the £30 cessation charge as that still applies if necessary.
ex-Plusnet staffer. Any posts after 28/07/2017 aren't on behalf of Plusnet