Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Poor complaints process

paulwalker6789
Dabbler

Poor complaints process

Where to begin?
1. I complained to PN some time ago. Complaint covered several things - broadband fault; call wait times; incorrect advice from call centre adviser; billing issue following house move. Broadband fault was fixed, apologies for call wait times. Complaints handler commiserated on incorrect advice issue and said that adviser concerned obviously needed retraining. Billing issue not even mentioned.
2. Complaint escalated after text failed to arrive and I e mailed CEO Andy Baker. Case reviewed by James Bailey, e mail from him reiterating what had been in original response. Reply from me after which he said he had listened to some of my calls.Why was this not done when the complaint was first made? In fact the implication in the original response was that it was not possible to listen to calls.
3. After the complaint escalated further I eventually spoke with Paul Summers, Director of Operations who explained PN's policy of proportionality which means that calls are not routinely listened to in response to complaints. He said that, as a low cost provider, they do not have the resources to listen to all calls mentioned in complaints. They did so however in my case. ?After it became clear I was not going to go away? In other words they will only listen to calls involved in complaints if THEY decide it is necessary. So, they initially did not listen to the calls concerned, did not offer that, did not explain why it was not possible but agreed that the person who gave me the wrong information needed retraining. Am I alone in thinking that is not good enough? Should they not do all they can to establish the facts?
4. The issue about the billing and the house move was never mentioned by anyone. I let it go at the time but I now find I have been charged twice when the adviser at the time said this would not happen. A team leader is currently trying to trace that call> HALLELUJAH! Or is that only because they now know that I am a persistent old b*****d who will not go away. No explanation as to why it was not covered in the original response to the complaint has been offered. So they did not even make a token attempt to deal with that one.
5. To summarise. Do not assume that PN will investigate your complaint fully, they are likely only to do so if they feel that would be a "proportionate" response, which from where I sit means if you make an incredibly loud noise and mebbe threaten CISAS. All of this despite their assurances in the code of practice on complaints that they will "check into things".
6. It seems that PN's lauded customer service does not extend to their complaints handling.
4 REPLIES 4
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

Re: Poor complaints process

I'm really sorry for the problems you've had with us.
I can see from your post on here and from your Complaint Ticket that you've had issues with us, as you've highlighted above.
I will ensure that this post is passed on as feedback.
paulwalker6789
Dabbler

Dear Chris,
Unfortunately there is little point in feedback if it does not change behaviour. In this instance I doubt that will happen. In any case who did you intend to feed it back to? Your CEO, Directot of Ops, complaints manager are fully aware of what has happened, and have made their position clear.
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

I pass any feedback onto my Manager, who will then pass the feedback onto the relevant person/team/department.
paulwalker6789
Dabbler

Thanks for that. Good luck with it.