cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet cancelled my account

Insomniac
Hooked

Plusnet cancelled my account

Update from https://community.plus.net/t5/Plusnet-Feedback/Excellent-customer-service/m-p/1643816#M84555:

In the last five days, I have had problems with the billing system, spent ages in the phone queue and yesterday, Plusnet cancelled my account. So no landline and no home broadband so that's that. Thank you, Plusnet!
9 REPLIES 9
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Re: Plusnet cancelled my account

Hi there.

I'm really sorry to see that we've cancelled your account, it looks like we didn't cancel the order we had open to cease your line following you deciding to stay with us. Could I arrange for someone to call you back to get you back setup ASAP?

I'll also be happy to discuss a gesture of goodwill for the inconvenience we've caused.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Insomniac
Hooked

Thanks for your response. I had previously been told that a new account would have to be set up and I would be locked into a contract so I declined.

I must decline your kind offer of a goodwill. I have no appetite for Plusnet goodwill. Management should be responding to the most pressing questions on these fora rather than leaving frontline staff to take the flak.
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Thanks for getting back to us.

I had previously been told that a new account would have to be set up and I would be locked into a contract so I declined. 

While we need to setup a new account because we can't reactivate a closed account in the billing engine, I'd be happy to make sure any contract you've agreed and had on your previous account is carried across. That means if you were within the 14 days cooling off period from agreeing your contract then we would write this off if you wish.

Management should be responding to the most pressing questions on these fora rather than leaving frontline staff to take the flak.

Unfortunately by definition of manager our management team generally aren't front line support and this issue was simply due to agent error. I will ensure feedback is arranged to be passed on to the adviser in question through my line manager.

Sorry again for the experience you've had and the hassle we've caused.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Insomniac
Hooked

Thanks for your response. I am happy to go ahead since it is without the lock-in. Thank you.

Re: my comment about management. It has nothing to do with any agent so no agent error :). That was just me making a comment!

Once again, thanks for your help. It's appreciated.
Dumbledore
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 34

Hello @Insomniac can you please provide us with a couple of dates/times you are free for a callback?

We will contact you to discuss the matter and transfer this query across to our Customer Options Team, we will explain the issue that occurred with your account to the agent who will help set up a new account for you.

Please be aware the department is open on Monday - Friday 8am-8pm. 9am-7pm on Saturday and 9am-6pm on Sunday.

Kind regards.

Insomniac
Hooked

Hi @Dumbledore anytime after 4.30pm weekdays is fine, if that's okay.
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Thanks for getting back to us.

I've passed on a request for someone to call you back after 4:30pm on a weekday.

With regards to the feedback I've provided, the adviser who recontracted you should've cancelled the cease request we had in place so unfortunately this was due to agent error.

Anyway I hope we can move on from this, let us know how the call goes.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Insomniac
Hooked

Since I last posted here, it has been one problem after another with Plusnet. What a horrible experience.
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Hi @Insomniac, I'm sorry to see you have decided to cancel your account. I do wish you all the best with your new provider.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet