cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet are blocking my move to new provider.

dnpark38
Rising Star

Plusnet are blocking my move to new provider.

Placed an order with a new provider and for him to get me transferred from Plusnet to him it's supposed to be an easy system to do set out by Ofcom but twice he as raised the instruction and twice Plusnet have caused it to be cancelled.

So be warned should you decide to leave.

If true what the new provider says then Plusnet play dirty I'm sorry to say.

http://www.thinkbroadband.com/speedtest/button/1476198475230638155-mini.png
39 REPLIES 39
chenks76
All Star
Fixes: 12

Re: Plusnet are blocking my move to new provider.

and what is the new provider saying?
dnpark38
Rising Star

He is saying what I said that Plusnet are stopping the transfer, been tried twice.

I rang Plusnet yesterday after waiting an hour to be answered and Plusnet said they had not stopped the transfer.

Today phoned new provider and he said it was on his screen that transfer had been canceled by Plusnet, and offered to send me a copy.

He said nothing he can do about the situation and I should speak to a very senior person at Plusnet myself.

Not much chance of being able to speak to anyone at Plusnet is it with the waiting time on hold one as to endure.

Ofcom instruction on transferring and being new provider lead seem straight forward to me.

I'm stuck.

chenks76
All Star

you should ask them to send you a copy then.
at the moment the new provider is being rather vague about the issue.
toekneem
Dabbler

@dnpark38 wrote:

Today phoned new provider and he said it was on his screen that transfer had been canceled by Plusnet, and offered to send me a copy.

Then get him to send you a copy because at the moment you only have his word for what is on his screen.

Once you have seen this screen copy ,then this might help with any complaint.

dnpark38
Rising Star

Can ask for a copy but what good is that going to do me?

toekneem
Dabbler

Well it might actually say Plusnet have cancelled/refused/stopped the move or it might call his bluff. If it does say that Plusnet are blocking this move then it will give you ammunition in any complaint to Ofcom because even if you owe any payment to Plusnet no ISP is allowed to stop the move.

To be honest there is no reason for Plusnet to stop the move . All ISP's have Churn , customers moving on, new customers coming in, thats life.

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): Full quote of preceding post removed as per Forum rules

chenks76
All Star

unless you're still in contract?
dnpark38
Rising Star

No, Should not make a difference should it?

My understanding if I were Plusnet would bill me the leaving early cost, my account shows I have nothing to pay anyway.

Moderator's note by Dick (Strat): Full quote of preceding post removed as per Forum rules

dnpark38
Rising Star

From Ofcom website

Gaining provider led process

Under a 'gaining provider led process', your new provider will arrange the transfer for you.

You only need to contact the provider you wish to switch to, who will notify your old provider of the intended transfer - you do not need to cancel your contract with your old provider. 

If you change your mind, you must contact your new provider to cancel your request to switch.

Once you have contacted your new provider to begin the switching process, both your new provider and the provider you're leaving must both send you a notification letter to inform you of the switch.

The letter from the provider you are leaving must include details of:

• the services which are affected,
  • the services which are unaffected, and
  • any applicable early termination charges that relate to the services you currently take.

The letters from the provider you are leaving and your new provider must also give details of the switch, including a reasonable estimate of the date it will happen.

Your new provider must also keep for a minimum of 12 months a record of your consent to switch services

toekneem
Dabbler

@dnpark38 wrote:

@chenks76 wrote:
unless you're still in contract?

No, Should not make a difference should it?

My understanding if I were Plusnet would bill me the leaving early cost, my account shows I have nothing to pay anyway.

Correct.

from Ofcom:

Gaining provider led process

Under a 'gaining provider led process', your new provider will arrange the transfer for you.

You only need to contact the provider you wish to switch to, who will notify your old provider of the intended transfer - you do not need to cancel your contract with your old provider. 

If you change your mind, you must contact your new provider to cancel your request to switch.

Once you have contacted your new provider to begin the switching process, both your new provider and the provider you're leaving must both send you a notification letter to inform you of the switch.

The letter from the provider you are leaving must include details of:

• the services which are affected,
  • the services which are unaffected, and
  • any applicable early termination charges that relate to the services you currently take.

The letters from the provider you are leaving and your new provider must also give details of the switch, including a reasonable estimate of the date it will happen.

Your new provider must also keep for a minimum of 12 months a record of your consent to switch services.

dnpark38
Rising Star

So I'm stuck.  New provider is going to do nothing now having tried twice and says it is up to me to sort Plusnet out.

Neither of them doing me any good

chenks76
All Star

no you are not stuck.
tell this new provider to supply you with the evidence that you need.
they have already offered it.
toekneem
Dabbler

And then with this "evidence" put in a formal complaint to Ofcom

Mustrum
Community Veteran
Fixes: 77

Ofcom won't help with individual complaints, CISAS will however.