cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet Total useless

Egz0001
Grafter

Plusnet Total useless

I am sick to death trying to phone you to find im waiting constantly for someone to answer. I have had to phone you several times yesterday and spent over 1 hour on the phone and about 3 hours trying to set up my connection to find that at 11pm that my line has not been set up properly.
I am getting a download of 3.9m and and upload off 220 Kbps with a ping of 80-120. This is totally unacceptable.
If my connection does not work when i try to play online again i will be cancelling my service with you and returning the router to you and seeking a full refund from you as this service has been wrongly described, it is uterly useless for online gaming. You are the 4th isp i have had who is the most expensive and the worst speeds so far.
Extreemly disapointed so far and will not be wasting anymore time with you if this problem is not fixed ASAP.
The best connection ive had so far was from O2 and it looks like i will be going back to them.
Im paying £20 a month for the PRO service, i cannot use it and its costing me a fortune in phone calls to get any kind of help, i will be seeking all monies spent on phone calls to you due to my connection not being set up properly. I have little patience with ISP's already and am fed up with these already.
117 REPLIES 117
James
Grafter

Re: Plusnet Total useless

Hi there,
I'm sorry you've had a pretty poor run of things with both your current service and the previous ones.  From what you've said, it sounds like you've had problems with your previous ISPs, especially ones that use the BT Exchange infrastructure.  O2 have their own equipment within the exchange which might suggest why you didn't have problems with then.
I'm also sorry that you've had to wait to talk to us.  I've just checked with the CSC and the longest time that anyone has had to wait today has been 10.15 minutes, aslthough the vast majority of calls will be answered sooner than that.  For your reference, we keep a guide on our site that tells you what the call volumes are and what the longest wait currently is.  You can see this at http://csc.plus.net
The fact that you're on a "gaming" product will have no bearing on any exchange issues that you've been experiencing over time.  Therent products merely offer different pricing, usage and traffic management rules.
Looking at your account, I can initially see a couple of instances where you've called us where the sync light on your router is on, but you haven't been able to connect to the internet.  At that point, it looks we suggested to try a couple of test logins and to look at possibly testing different hardware as there will have been a chance that the router itself may have been faulty.
If you're still experiencing problems after having tested your hardware, we can then raise a fault with BT for you.  If you merely request a MAC Code, which I can see that you have done, I honestly wouldn't expect you to receive a full refund without going through the faults procedure.
Please, help us to help you.
collieocoll
Grafter

James
Grafter

Hi,
If you migrated in to us under the 90 day guarantee and elected to leave within 90 days, I'm not entirely sure why you would then be told that you weren't eligible?
A router or a filter can fail.  It can happen suddenly.  If we were to raise a fault and then BT send an engineer, find your router to be faulty, you'll end up with a charge of over £160.  That's why we go through various tests.  Because it is a self install product, it also means that you have to do various checks if it should fail.
Can I ask why you're trying to leave?  What sort of fault you're experiencing?
Egz0001
Grafter

Got my mac code and was told that i now owe £58 ,lol I signed up for the 90 day free thing and was told that if i cancelled before the 90 dyas i would be refunded my money.
I am now being told that they have taken about £26 for connection and hardware delivery and if i leave before the 12 months i will be charged an extra £58 none of which i was told when i was connected. They also have made a few quid in me phoning them for them to try to help me, wouldnt mind but the problems ive been having is down to plusnet not me.

I think plusnet is run by Dick Turpin cos its surely highway robbery to extort more money from you when they cannot give you the sevice you are paying for originaly.
I think ill be contacting Ofcom about all these new charges they are trying to get, i have never heard of any of them, Luckily i paid by credit card and technicaly the service ive got is theres so plusnet and Capital one Credit card can fight it out amoungst themselves as to who owes what as im not paying these charges.
So far i have had nothing but negative experiences with this supplier and urge anyone thinking of signing up with them not to bother as all these hidden charges come when they cant provide you the sevice they said they would.

At the end of the day all i wanted was an internet connection i could play PS3 online with and found that with plusnet you cant, and whats worse they dont seem that bothered about it as they would get more money out of you if you cancelled.
the problem is Plusnet the service you said you would supply isnt the service you actually get, and before anyone comments on the upto rule, Half upload ,half download and double ping does not come under that rule, So legaly you havent got a leg to stand on. Id advice others who have similar issues to contact Ofcom about then and also contact watchdog or similar place.
As im sure you know im not happy with them and will move ASAP if my connection isnt fixed ASAP
As for helping Plusnet to Help me , What do you think ive been trying to do. Im only objecting as its costing me money for them to help me.when its there problem.
As for the faults ive had, the fault you are refering too is when i was trying to connect at 3.30pm the fault im talking about is the one about the internet will not work for online gaming and i have really poor speed results which went on untill 11.30 Pm, untill i switched it off. I intend to try again later to see if it will work and if not im going back to O2 and will fight plusnet about all these extra hidden charges.
James
Grafter

Hiya,
I for one would far rather not see you cancel and if you'd let me help you, I'll happily try and get your issues resolved.
Again, if you sign up under the 90 day guarantee, you should get a full refund of your subscription costs.
Egz0001
Grafter

Please help me if you can as im gettin really pi**ed by it all now and really frustated that i cannot use the service what i am paying for.
James
Grafter

OK - You need to tell us what you have tried so far.
I can see on the account that we've made some suggestions to try and fix the problems that you've been getting, but I have no way of knowing what you've actually tried.
Have you:
- Tried using a different filter?
- Made sure that you're connecting through a wired connection rather than a wireless one?
- Made sure that your router is connecting directly tio the master socket via a filter?
- Tried a different router or trying your router on a different line?
Egz0001
Grafter

My connection is working for the internet, it just wont work properly for online gaming.
I have tried BT filters connected to master socket(Cos only supplied with one filter from D link)
I am wired connection on ps3 (Have tried Putting PS3 in the DMZ, Tried Port Forwading, Tried UPNP enabled and disabled and nothing ive tried works as good as other ISP have)
I have no spare router to try.
Just spoke to James who kidly phoned me to help. Thanks alot mate, hope the removal of Interleaving will help. Its a shame your guys ive spoken too arnt as helpful in trying to help.
Lets hope it works then as all i want is to play online games with no hasttle.
James
Grafter

Thanks for that.
I've placed the interleaving order. 
The noise on your phone was a bit worrying though.  Can you try unplugging your phones and testing your ping times again to see if there's any improvement?  Also, if you unscrew the faceplate from your master socket, there should be a test socket on the right hand side.  Can you try plugging your filter into that and also seeing if theres any improvement?
The interleaving order should complete in the early hours of tomorrow morning.
Egz0001
Grafter

I have an extension for my phone line which is wired to the back of the master socket.
The router is connected to the master socket using the short ASDL cable supplied.
I will remove the faceplate and connect my router to the Engineers test socket which will bypass the extension on the phone line and do some speed tests.
My line was very noisy when we spoke and it occasionally happes from time to time, It was like that with O2 but worked great online gaming , as long as i had my static ip too.
I will post my result for you to see if there is any change.
With O2 when i disconected the extension for test purposes i got an extra 1 meg download but that was all. so it never affected my online gaming so i connected it back up as loosing 1 meg down was no big deal.
With O2 I was connected to ASDL2+ ,Noise symbol to 6. with a static ip and it worked great but thought id try your prioritising of traffic option so i came to you.
James
Grafter

That's fair enough.
I was just curious whether or not it would make an improvement in ping times.  The fact that you're using an extension might be why you get the odd crackle.
Egz0001
Grafter

The odd crackle, lol, thats one way to put it.
Yeah the extension is only used foir the phone connection and it has a BT filter on it too.
My speeds are 3.3 Meg Down  /  230 Kbps Up  /  Pings of 90  (I did 3 tests and this is the average)
My PS3  is connected auto with UPNP disabled with the ports forwaded. I have tried other ways to connect the ps3 to the router but similar results.
James
Grafter

Ok - Are those results from the test socket or using the extension?
Egz0001
Grafter

Those are the results using the engineers test socket with the extension disconected.
All that is connected is the router and filter to the test socket, i have no extension or phone connected.