Did you mean: 

Plusnet Protect

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Plusnet Protect

Morning all,
I'm just reporting back with an update, Mcafee have confirmed that the issue is at their side and that the notifications are false positives. So with that in mind all that can be done at the moment is to ignore the notifications/requests.
We do want you to know that we think this is not acceptable and are pushing back for a speedy resolution.
Adam.
Cheers for the PM geofftswin I have added your details to the problem information.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Dom
Grafter

Quote from: Oldjim
Frankly if the anti virus is totally disabled and not just stopped downloading updates I would be very concerned although, as you say, if you stayed clear of dodgy sites he may well get away with it.

Yeah sorry, I thought I'd read that he'd simply stopped getting updates, rather than had the anti-virus software disabled altogether. Having a disabled AV is as bad as not having one really. If it's still active, then I don't think he's got too much to worry about for a while, but that's just my opinion of course.
nibor
Grafter

Macfee |rernewal problem

When is the problem with mcafee , where it keeps asking to be renewed going to get fixed, bloody annoying when it keeps popping up whilst in game !!
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

Afternoon folks.
Transpires that after looking into this further, Mcafee are struggling to identify exactly where the problem lies Sad
If you're affected by this problem (Mcafee saying you're unprotected and need to renew), then please add a comment to this thread. It would be interesting to know what happens when you click the 'renew' hyperlink. For those brave enough, it would also be helpful to know what happens when you uninstall the program, download it again from here and reinstall?
Edit: to those that have tried to reinstall (namely @geofftswin and stallan), exactly what steps did you take when doing this?

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

nibor
Grafter

When i click renew it just send me to the plus net home page !
Santiago
Grafter

Quote from: pierre_pierre
sounds like PN got it off the back of a magazine and forgot to renew after the end of the trail period Crazy Crazy Roll_eyes

Very funny, I agree and am not surprised that McAfee has failed. I am glad my computers are not relying on this POS.
Another strategy that plusnet have not properly proved and implemented half cocked
awoodman

Are we any closer to a fix on this? I am wondering whether I should dump Mcafee and use something else?
CharlieSmirke
Dabbler

I started this thread (see above) and was told by various PN people that it would be fine to uninstall and install - but it wasn't (see above) then I was told by phone to remove from the add ons and add again and wait for the email to download Mcafee within a couple of hours - that was 2 days ago but no email yet. V poor.
awoodman

Hmmmm I hope this gets fixed soon. Maybe PlusNet should consider another provider as Mcafee would not be my first choice. The only reason I am using it is because it is free with my subscription otherwise I would use another package. Nothing is as good as free but if Mcafee are going to provide such a poor service I guess I will have to vote with my feet
CharlieSmirke
Dabbler

Strangely at 04 06 this morning, after my last moan at 02 19,  I received the email to download Mcafee. Hurrah! Unfortunately at 04 07 this morning I received another email telling me my Mcafee had been cancelled - which is where this all started 3 days ago. Whats going on?
awoodman

Dear Mr ,
Thank you for your query.
We have become aware of a problem with our Plusnet Protect software incorrectly asking for a renewal.
We have reported this issue to our suppliers and they have assured us it was due to be fixed by 18/11/2010. In the mean time we would like to reassure all customers who have this issue that the software is fully working and their systems are protected. You can safely ignore any message asking for a renewal.
We apologise for any inconvenience caused by this issue and will provide an update as soon as any more information is available.
Kind regards,
[mremoved]
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This arrived this morning!
Embarrassed I am not convinced that my system is still protected as Mcafee is no longer updating itself so as a precaution I have had to take my system offline until I can install some other protection. This is a shame and causes me significant inconvenience as I can't access my files remotely. However I do not blame Plustnet. Mcafee has a bad reputation and from their performance over this issue the rep. is richly deserved.
jim:csa
atbs1
Grafter

Atman, I just love the e-mail sent to you
"...by 18/11/2010. In the mean time we would like to reassure all customers who have this issue that the software is fully working and their systems are protected. You can safely ignore any message asking for a renewal."  FULLY WORKING?  Fully working wrongly!!
Dom
Grafter

Quote from: Atman
...so as a precaution I have had to take my system offline until I can install some other protection.

Wink wink, nudge nudge...
Microsoft should be paying me commission or something. Tongue
awoodman

From the sublime to the ridiculous @ Dom Grin
Dom
Grafter

Haha.  Grin
Well, all I now is it works for me! Then again, if it didn't, how would I know? It's not like it'd tell me that there's a virus but it's not picking it up... Tongue