Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet Protect

Luzern
Hero
Fixes: 9

Re: Plusnet Protect

Quote from: pierre_pierre
just been reading a test in Computer shopper...

Funny they missed the popular Avast for some relatively less prominent ones Undecided
No one has to agree with my opinion, but in the time I have left a miracle would be nice.
popeyeuk
Grafter

Here we go again Guy's..  I am getting the Renewal message
popeyeuk
Grafter

Ok Guy's
I think it's problem solved..  Date on laptop was set wrong (Not sure how).  Now correctly set and
Plusnet Protect is working correctly..it seems..
One to be aware of  I think..
ao2046

It's been a while since anybody posted similar problems.
Unfortunately, today I got exactly the same error that My Subscription was not active anymore.
After spending 2 hours with PlusNet  technical support  I was advised to download it again and re install.
They said that's all they could suggest ...
I did that , got the installation file and new serial number;
I then got the error message that there are no programs to install from this McAfee account.
Using a HP 2560p i7 16GB Ram laptop running Win 7 Pro SP1 64Bit.
Only ever used 1 License on this very laptop so should have 6 left out of the 7 licences provided.
Contact PlusNet Customer services this time who promptly opened a ticket with tech support team and asked them to remove PlusNet Protect from my account. Several hours later it was re-enabled and I could download again the installation file and get a new serial number.
Before doing that :
I uninstalled everything McAfee from my Windows using control Panel option.
Tried AVG, Sophos, Avast and Microsoft antivirus tools, No infections found...
Run the McAfee Virtual Technician software from their website
Run the McAfee Uninstaller  MCPR software from their website
I rebooted my laptop
Login to Plus Net in Windows admin account.
Download PlusNet Protect installation and serial; Run standard installation; worked fine this time and I got 6 licenses left.
But I am not sure for how long before another error comes up....
About a month ago MacAfee PlusNet would pop up an error message saying my PC is not protected and my Firewall was disabled. I would manually enable it in the MacAfee pop up Window but after several days I had to remove Protect Plus  and fully re-install to fix that error using the above steps...
Tech support claimed that Protect Plus is a freebie so if it does not work use another antivirus but I believe  it should work since I am paying for it, being part of  the unlimited broadband package key features.
I was also told twice there were no other users with this issue when in fact this issue goes back to 2010...
Hope others PlusNet users will find this post useful and while I suspect there must be a PlusNet  - MacAfee database synchronisation  error, it would be great if someone from PlusNet can officially explain the root cause of this problem and apologize for all the hours wasted trying to repair it...
Regards
A.
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi, sorry to hear you had a problem but I'm glad to see it's sorted. As far as this thread goes though it looks like this is the first time we've seen this happen in over 2 years so I hope this is an isolated incident? If not we'll definitely look into what might be happening.