Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet Pro Unlimited

theberrys
Grafter

Plusnet Pro Unlimited

Plusnet,
You should make a Pro Unlimited Pack which is basically the Pro option for £19.99 with the unlimited usage.
So what does everyone else think?
12 REPLIES 12
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: Plusnet Pro Unlimited

Absolutely no way - it would be commercial suicide
zubel
Community Veteran

I dunno Jim - It would cost in if it was around £1,999 a month..
B.
goberpiles
Grafter

Dont think thats going to happen but looking around they really need to offer more bandwidth for it to at least 30g.
Spider
Grafter

Currently their is a Plusnet Pro Unlimited but it will cost. I don't see it ever happening at the stated price point though. An increase in bandwidth sounds ok, but not if it is as the price of loosing the off-peak free bandwidth.
Be3G
Grafter

Indeed, that's worth bearing in mind for anyone who happens to be rich - 'Pro Unlimited' can technically be achieved for £99 a month.
klyne
Grafter

Perhaps rather than being unlimited there needs to be an additional product with a decent download allowance, current Pro, which seems a nice product, only has 15GB. I appreciate that between certain times of day the allowance does not apply. How about a product with a 30/40 GB download limit?
David
scootie
Grafter

you think there is speed issues on the network rite now it would be even worse if they even sligthly increased the peaktime usage of the pro package and charged the same price.
maybe a better pay inadvance for extra usage system is needed. ie if you up the usage limit by say 10gb at cheaper price per gb than it is now and agree that is the usage limit on your account and to be able to lower it back down again you need to give a full 30 days notice regardless of when your billing date is so it gives the capicty planers somthing easyer to work with when deciding if they need new segments lighting
also still run the same top up system as there is now at the preminum price with the flexablity to add and remove at short notice

Be3G
Grafter

David said 'an additional product', Asbo - something that I presume might be sold for perhaps, say, £30-£35.
scootie
Grafter

sorry be3g i was editing my post to add the idea of a better top up system. all in all it would probally end up the same price as a brand new pro product at 30gb
Be3G
Grafter

Indeed. I guess though that PN aren't interested in such a system any more - after all, that's roughly what we had with BBYW; you could set a number of extra included GBs beforehand for a reduced price, or just pay-as-you-go for them at their full price.
You know, I'm not infrequently reading people offering suggestions for improvements to PN's products that strike me as being quite similar - or sometimes even the same as - was offered with BBYW... it can't help but engender the feeling that a significant step back has been taken with the current products in some respects.
SparckZero
Grafter

Quote from: Be3G
...it can't help but engender the feeling that a significant step back has been taken with the current products in some respects.

Indeed - on the other hand, I would imagine it's much easier for PN to market to "new" customers with the current products, as each falls into a very distinct category. If memory serves (feel free to correct me if I'm wrong), at the time the BBYW products were released, published hard usage caps were a fairly new concept in the market - speaking from experience, it was (and still is!) a tough job to try and explain to someone with no technical background what "usage" actually is, as many people only seem to be interested in the speed of the connection (largely thanks to the media, methinks).
Personally, the Unlimited product suits me right down to the ground - I did consider the Pro product as I do a fair amount of gaming, but the usage limit just wasn't high enough for my needs.
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Re:Plusnet Pro Unlimited

There are some good suggestions in here guys, our products are suited to a range of people, hence the different traffic management and usage allowances across the range. We know that some people may not find out products suited to their needs currently and that's fine too.
With regards to the speed issues on the network, we're still looking into these.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.