cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet Cancellation policy Stinks.

DpOgburn
Dabbler

Plusnet Cancellation policy Stinks.

I have been a plusnet customer for many years, the service has always been second to none, i have recommended many people to them as im sure the moderators can confirm, but since they have got bigger the service has gone downhill, now i would not recommend them to anyone. i have asked on several occasions to cancel my subscribtion but cant as i have to ring on their terms, although to register for a new account can be done anytime. i have raised tickets to cancel my account they insist i have to ring them. I cant ring during there hours due to job restraints not allowing me to have a mobile, and i dont see i should have to write a letter to cancel. i have responses to emails for request to cancel  telling me i cant do it, which could stand up in a court as recognition of request. so only option i can now see is too cancel direct debits and take all my recomendations with me. shame really because what once i thought was a superb company to be with has turned out to be a joke.
36 REPLIES 36
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Plusnet Cancellation policy Stinks.

so only option i can now see is too cancel direct debits and take all my recomendations with me

We really don't want this to happen, what's making you want to leave? is it anything I can help with at all?
It is possible to request cancellation by letter too if it's not convenient to call during the opening times of the customer options team.
With regards to your direct debit doing that can incur extra costs if the debt is passed to a recovery agency, please don't think that I'm issuing a threat by saying that, it is simply an outcome of our failed billing procedure that I wanted to make you aware of. As mentioned I'm happy to help out where I can.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

I wonder just how long it is going to take for Plusnet to acknowledge that 9:00am to 5:30pm Mon – Fri (except Bank Holidays) is not acceptable for people who cannot use a phone while at work.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
phil4
Grafter

Extended opening hours just hastens the downward spiral to everyone working 24/7.
So, plusnet open until 8pm.  Plusnet staff then put the same demands on the services they use.  Those staff then do the same, and before you know it we are all working 24/7 because that's what everyone expects.
No, not a helpful reply to this particular problem, but hoping that we can slow the progress to the above.
DpOgburn
Dabbler

Hi adam thanks for the response, I tried to cancel a while back, i was told on the phone that i couldnt cancel unless i ring between certain hours, I then raised the cancelation request on a ticket, to which i am again refused.  to be honest due to current economy and  financial restraints i felt the need for shopping around i just wanted to have my mac code handy in case i found a better deal. but i just found myself getting more worked up by the fact that plusnet didnt seem intrested why, you just put policy over the important person the CUSTOMER. When i first joined plusnet a lot of years ago on 56k dialup plusnet offered a superb service, second to none, you could ring with a problem and have it dealt with same day, now if you raise a ticket you are waiting days for a response, if that means bantering back and too it could take weeks to solve a problem. i just dont feel that this is the service for me anymore, the small things make a big difference.  I know that it is considered simple to write a letter but to be honest i cant be arsed, i am too busy being a single parent, working and doing an open university degree. Twice i have rung about cancellation, and twice i have been told someone will ring me back, this has never happened. I am still deliberating if i should cancel my direct debit and am still in limbo over it, but im sure if i do cancel the fact that i have an email response for cancelation shows that Plusnet were aware of the request, as a manager of a very large company i am well aware of rights and wrongs of customer satisfaction, and also aware of your restaraints to company policy. I would be interested to get your MS's email and take this up with him.
Thanks
Dave Ogburn.
Epyon
Grafter

Don't cancel just get MAC code and migrate allot simpler.
pierre_pierre
Grafter

Dave you will have to ignore the above from a newcommer.  unfortunately PN only have two ways to get the MAC code, Phone in the working day times when they can talk to you, or put pen to paper and send in a post office mail,  Agree with the thread title a lot of people only get the write option, then you have to be careful what you write, they might not give you the MAC even then
Epyon
Grafter

Most ISPs can email you you're mac code Plusnet are just being awkward.
WWWombat
Grafter

I don't think Plusnet's issue is about being able to email out the MAC code - doesn't it go onto your ticket list anyway?
I think their issue is that they don't want to accept migration/cease requests in by email. Whether that is because they are being awkward, or whether it is because they want to preserve some ability to check you are who you say you are, I can't say. Email can be spoofed, and I'd prefer something be done to check that the request is genuine before my internet connection is lost.
Having said that, the current policy isn't ideal. With staff manning phones 24hrs, I would have thought there would be *some* mechanism that could be worked out so out-of-hours calls become acceptable.
Plusnet Customer
Using FTTC since 2011. Currently on 80/20 Unlimited Fibre Extra.
gswindale
Grafter

Whilst I accept the issues regarding authenticity for "cancellation" issues; is it not the case that a MAC (not MAC code - double code there) expires after 30 days?  I really don't see the harm in there being an automated process to enable one to be requested via the member centre - perhaps with an extra security codeword being setup for said purpose (selection of letters) rather than just an authenticated username/password?
Wheel_nut
Grafter

Authentication of the MAC requestor is not an issue if the request and provision is by Ticket (or Question in PlusNet-speak) on the Portal.
DpOgburn
Dabbler

i raised a ticket and it got me no where, the fact of the matter is they just want you to talk to someone so they can try and pursuade you to stay, the only interest in the customer they actually have is that you are paying, but no real concerns over the service they offer. You will talk to a reprasentative and they will just haggle you down to price that you think its worth paying for a crap service Smiley
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

the fact of the matter is they just want you to talk to someone so they can try and pursuade you to stay

Absolutely true, yes we make no bones about that.
DpOgburn,
Are there any problems you're currently experiencing that I can help with? I'm empowered and able to deal with anything Plusnet related you can throw at me, I'm happy to take ownership of any issues until they are resolved.
Adam.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
avatastic
Grafter

Quote from: _Adam_Walker_
I'm empowered and able to deal with anything Plusnet related you can throw at me

Except issuing a MAC.
F9 member since 4 Sep 1999
F9 ADSL customer since 27 Aug 2004
DLM manages your line the same way DRM manages your rights.
Look at all the pretty graphs! (now with uptime logging!)
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

your'e quite right avatastic, I can't do that and it isn't what I'm offering I'm offering help for problems with our services.
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team