Did you mean: 

Plusnet Cancellation policy Stinks.

pierre_pierre
Grafter

Re: Plusnet Cancellation policy Stinks.

but not every one is
wardypost

I succumbed to some of the advertising and became a Plusnet customer in central London earlier this year. I struggled to get a 1mb connection (vastly different to what was suggested) and the phone line failed for over 5 days on 2 occasions. Due to an unplanned house move I decided to cancel my Plusnet account, lets face it I wasn't exactly getting much for my monthly payments anyway.
Once again a smooth talking customer services chap managed to convince me that at my new address I would get a much better connection. I got my move in date and arranged for connection on the 23rd of this month, it was a long wait but what the hell. A couple of days before I rang customer services to see if there was indication if an engineer would need access. I was eventually informed that there was a problem with the appointment and it would be yet another 3 week wait for connection.
Fed up with repeated ridiculously poor service I asked to cancel. Like everyone else I was astounded that this can only be done weekdays 9-5:30. Like other customers this is virtually impossible for me to do in my current work place.
Plusnet are quite happy to sign up customers at weekends and take payments but will not assist those who wish to leave. Currently they manage to email me to inform they are taking funds from my account for a service they are blatantly not providing. I am just waiting for the email from Plusnet that my Great Uncle in Yorkshire has won the lottery and if I send them £1,000 they will pay me millions.
I cannot fault the individuals I have dealt with, polite, efficient and try to be helpful where they can be but as a company customer service stinks. As for Plusnet as a communications company I am unimpressed in the extreme. They have promised the earth and delivered the worst service I have ever experienced from an ISP.
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

Quote from: wardypost
Fed up with repeated ridiculously poor service I asked to cancel. Like everyone else I was astounded that this can only be done weekdays 9-5:30. Like other customers this is virtually impossible for me to do in my current work place.

Sorry to hear you've had a bad experience Sad
You can always write to us if you're unable to call during working hours?
Have you cancelled your account now or is there something I might be able to help you with?

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

gswindale
Grafter

Bob,
That's still not overly helpful.  What if I want to cancel at the weekend?  Is it a case of wait until Monday or fork out whatever the ridiculous cost of a recorded delivery letter is?  I wouldn't trust Royal Mail to get it there otherwise!
JonJon
Grafter

Am I being naïve?
Even if you work 9-5:30 and aren’t allowed a mobile, presumably you get a lunch break when you can leave the office?
FYI, you can now call free on 0800 432 0200 (from a landline or even a public payphone) or using your inclusive minutes on your mobile on 0114 296 5198.
Alex
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Quote from: avatastic
Quote from: _Adam_Walker_
I'm empowered and able to deal with anything Plusnet related you can throw at me

Except issuing a MAC.

I appreciate that PlusNet want feedback, but I do hate it when companies do this though. I don't suppose an automated MAC cancellation link via the portal will be on the PlusNet development schedule any time soon then?
Even worse, when companies pretend to provide it (I'm thinking of LoveFilm here); they seem to offer one, then when you click on it you find it is only a number you need to call them on. Therefore a bit of a con when signing up in that that cancellation seems easier than it actually is.
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

It's easier to have a customer call the Customer Options Team and have them change their mind about leaving than make it simple for them to leave and then have to create a fresh account when they return, which many do.
Much neater and tidier in my opinion Smiley
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine