Plusnet Cancellation policy Stinks.

DpOgburn
Dabbler

Re: Plusnet Cancellation policy Stinks.

that is a problem with the service!
joeboy
Dabbler

hI DpOgburn, I too am trying to cancel PN due to very poor broadband speeds. I called there 0845 number and was told 10 mins wait, not at there charges. I find it ironic that an ISP tell you you send a letter by post. I had better service in Eastern Europe than in the UK.
Joeboy
DpOgburn
Dabbler

To Quote a comment already mentioned lol, if they required written confirmation to sign up then they would never have any buisness. unfortunatly for me i am nursing a badley broken arm and cant write at present, so im a bit stuffed for cancelling my account.
gswindale
Grafter

You seem to be managing perfectly well here though.  Word also has a spell check facility.
Just need a scrawl for a signature and away you go.
Heloman
Grafter

Very true!
I have arthritic fingers and can barely hold a pen, let-alone write legibly.
But I manage quite happily using the computer's office programmes. I couldn't write a cheque to save my life.
Thank goodness for chip-and-pin  Smiley
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

joeboy,
I don't like the sound of this, let me take ownership of that problem for you and I'll personally see it through for you.
I had better service in Eastern Europe than in the UK.

Let's see if we can change that opinion of us.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

joeboy,
I've just looked in detail at your account and I can see that we have already investigated the speed issue. I'm sure you will have seen the details on the ticket but just for visibility I thought I'd relay on here that there is unfortunately nothing else we can do to improve the speeds due to the distance the line travels from you to the exchange. However engineers have confirmed to us that the best available cables are in use for your service.
Adam
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

joeboy's speeds were covered in http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,95204.msg800769.html#msg800769
His attenuation is 76.3!
I'm not sure if his cancellation is being processed, but in these circumstances (Plusnet will never be able to give him a decent speed and he has Virgin cable available) requiring him to phone in is quite ridiculous!
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

As nobody has asked so far, what number have people tried calling and at what time? The correct number is 0845 140 6002 and the main reason I'm asking the question is because the Customer Options Team have been trialling an extension of their opening hours recently (I think they're currently open until 7.00pm during the week rather than 5.30pm). Also worth noting that calls to this number when using our Talk service are free.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

ITWorks
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 9

Hi Bob
If that's the case (open till 7:00pm) Smiley then  this page needs updating with the correct time , http://www.plus.net/support/customer_service/using/grass_is_greener.shtml
Regards
Mike

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Steve
Seasoned Pro

Quote from: Bob
A Customer Options Team have been trialling an extension of their opening hours recently
I wouldn't of thought so, Well not  yet anyway mike.
If life gives you lemons, make lemonade.
ITWorks
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 9

Quote from: Bob
Customer Options Team have been trialling an extension of their opening hours recently (I think they're currently open until 7.00pm during the week rather than 5.30pm). Also worth noting that calls to this number when using our Talk service are free.

but if customers are not aware of the current trial ,  they will not know opening times have currently extended, when viewing the link i posted previously.
Regards
Mike

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Quote from: ITWorks
If that's the case (open till 7:00pm) Smiley then  this page needs updating with the correct time , http://www.plus.net/support/customer_service/using/grass_is_greener.shtml

True, but I think the department are wanting to see how the trial pans out before we start publicising the changes in any capacity.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team

jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Does  0114 296 5098 (found on SayNoTo0870) work for those not on homephone?
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

If it routes correctly, and you've an inclusive land line minutes, then I see no reason why it wouldn't.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team