cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PlusNet Status Mailing List

chalbury
Grafter

PlusNet Status Mailing List

I read these notifications but often when there is a disconnection for areas or groups of users in a particular area, an email is sent out suggesting that users who have been disconnected should switch off their routers and reconnect after a period of time. My question is, if they are disconnected, how are they to receive these emails with this sage advice? They won't be getting the emails from their mail programme and won't be able to go on line to check web-mail.
4 REPLIES 4
BenTrimble
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: PlusNet Status Mailing List

If these customers have been disconnected then they won't be able to read their email at all, whether they switch their equipment off or not!
The advice is given for a number of reasons but mainly to ensure the equipment is rebooted and given sufficient time to reconnect before calling the Support Centre, at a time when they are likely to be under high demand.
chalbury
Grafter

What is the point of the emails then? Those who receive them are on line, those who are disconnected don't (or can't) read them so IMHO the advice is redundant. this post is not meant to be a complaint but merely an observation.
BenTrimble
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Thanks for your observations Smiley
Many customers are able to check their email elsewhere such as in work or an a smartphone. Some may also receive both a notification that service is down, then restored after the event has passed. It's all about being open and honest with our customer base.
chalbury
Grafter

Thanks, being open and honest with your customer base is one of the things that I praise when I talk about Plusnet to my friends, (both of them). (:o))